shape
carat
color
clarity

I NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Windy City

Rough_Rock
I am looking to buy a diamond on the net. Certain places have great prices on what I want: 1.4+ctw, VS1 min, I color min. Then there are other places I like the settings better: baugettes on the side with either a princess or round next to that. Would anybody suggest jest getting the diamond I want and then getting it set at a local jeweler with their setting? Please,I need advice. Thnak you.

Lugus

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/5/2003 3:33
6.gif
3 PM Windy City wrote:
Would anybody suggest jest getting the diamond I want and then getting it set at a local jeweler with their setting

----------------
I'll suggest it, since that's what I did. Ok, to be honest that's kind of what i did, but i'll still suggest it
1.gif

AmPm

Rough_Rock
Hi Windy City,
If thats what you would like to do go for it! I know of quite a few people who have done exactly that, especially if you have a manufacturing jeweler that your already comfortable with and you can buy a beautiful diamond at a good price.
Good Luck!

Windy City

Rough_Rock
Thank you so far. I might just do that so I can see the setting in person. Just nervous about not doing it all in one place.

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
You can also look for a setting locally, and oftentimes a dealer will be able to order that setting for you.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Send the dealer who has the 1.40 carat diamond that you like a picture of the setting because they may very well be able to source it for you... Or see if they would be willing to set the diamond in a setting that you provide. Lots of our customers do this and it works well for both of us because they get the exact setting that they want and we're able to set "our baby" without fear of some apprentice jeweler accidentally chipping it and trying to pass it off on our customer... Would you believe that some bonehead garage monkey (a "jeweler" working out of his garage) messed up one of our hand etched platinum rings awhile back by sizing it with white gold because he didn't have platinum stock?!?! The customer was freaking out because the jeweler had messed up the etching and the shank was changing colors... You can see where we'd prefer our customers let us set our diamonds, we're sure that many of the other dealers feel the same way! Another advantage to receiving the diamond already mounted is that you can insure it immediately - most insurance companies will not insure a loose diamond! By having the diamond set prior to receiving it, you can obtain a copy of the seller's appraisal prior to their shipping the package and arrange for insurance so that you'll be covered from the moment you sign for the box. Please be aware that arranging insurance prior to receiving the package will not provide coverage for the ring while it is in transit, so the package still needs to be insured by the sender!

Windy City

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the info.

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Hi Windy City....

I must say that I agree
The dealer can set it - perfectly.
And thanks to modern technology
A picture will show how you want it to be.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello Windy City;

There are a number of ways to go. But what I would do is
find the perfect diamond that I can afford now and put it in a simple Tiffany style ring and wear it until I found the perfect setting and had the money to get that and then pull the trigger and marry the two. It is like having your cake and eating it too.:)
Let us know what you do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results