shape
carat
color
clarity

I NEED HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Traci

Rough_Rock
I have the opportunity to purchase a 1.18ct I clarity, H-I color rounnd diamond ring set in 18k white gold? Is this a good deal for 290.00? If someone could help give me some sound advice quick I really would appreciate it!!

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Hi Traci,

I'm, kind of in the same situation. (I was recently offered a 1.14 Oval I -I1, mounted w/.70ct baguettes - if you look at past threads it's called "considering an oval").

The price sounds extremely reasonable, but you have to be careful about the inclusions - Is it I1, I2, or I3? Have you seen the ring yet? Is the seller willing to accept a return? For the price you mentioned, I'd say see it, if it looks like it's anything decent, then you're fine; if it's a terrible stone, don't buy!!!:))

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Hey! It could be that she fell upon "a bargain" ~ a divorcee, an estate....

And what's wrong with eBay??!! LOL! I found my favorite stone on eBay (although it was being sold in the next county, so I was able to preview before purchasing), and I still think it was a good deal!

CutNut, you're too funny!:bigsmile:

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
It's probably one of those "cracked ice" I-3 clarity promotional diamonds. One that nobody would wear out of embarassment.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

GiGi

Rough_Rock
What is a "cracked ice" I-3 clarity promotional diamond?

Traci

Rough_Rock
The stone is an I-2 in clarity.I am so confused!:errrr:

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Traci, the reason the diamond is so cheap is that it is ugly.

Ugly doesn't sell, beauty sells. Therefore ugly diamonds are extremely cheap, because nobody wants them.

An "I-2" is a very imperfect diamond. In actuality, this diamond is more likely an "I-3" which is an extremely imperfect diamond. They have inclusions which jump out and smack you in the forehead.

Gigi, "cracked ice" is the appearance of these diamonds I'm speaking of. "I-3" is the clarity grade, the lowest there is, except for industrial grade bort. "Promotional quality" refers to about the only purpose they have, which is to entice people with the offer of a diamond at incredibly low prices.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

GiGi

Rough_Rock
You are too finny Richard,
Have you thought about writing a book? I am sure yours will sell much better than the work of Fred....

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Hi Gigi,

Looks like you've found the reason behind the "low low" price! I would have still backed you if you hadn't said it was an I2 diamond, sorry!!!!

Traci

Rough_Rock
OKAY OKAY OKAY!! There is a money back guarantee. She told me in an e-mail that if I was not happy w/ the diamond she would refund 100% of my money. Do you all still think I should stay away from it? What if it isn't as bad as you make it sound? It was beautiful in the picture.

Traci:confused: :confused:

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
pictures can be doctored to look like anything. if this is an ebay sale, money back garauntee=you will never hear from her again. if it is an actual store, i doubt they would even consider selling a diamond like that in full faith. run away as fast as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results