shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kathy

Rough_Rock
I have recently lost one of my diamond stud earring. It is approximately 0.40 to 0.42 SI-1 D color (no cert.- only apprasial from vendor whom doesn't sell diamonds anymore, so I cannot get a replacment from him). I am in the process of getting it replace. What is the best method of getting it replaced? (i.e. - buying the diamond directly from the internet or going to the local malls). Thanks a million!!!

kathishopping

Rough_Rock
Hi, after making diamond purchases online...I will NEVER EVER purchase from a mall EVER, EVER again!! Surf the net & check out pricescope....you'll find just what your looking for. Good Luck in your search.

Kathy

Rough_Rock
:appl: Thanks for your help. Just wanted to let everyone know that I found my earring. It was hidden somewhere in my jewelry box (I swear I have looked into it but couldn't find it before). Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!:loopy:

RubyBleu

Rough_Rock
In the future, if this happens, Consider making the remaining earing into a pendant - unless you have a really good jeweler with access to enough inventory to try and match your diamond. Studs should be matched not only on color and clarity but in size, and cut.... you don't want one bigger than the other, or one to have more sparkle - it is much easier to get away with a slight color or clarity difference. And stay out of the mall especially, unless you have a really good relationship with a neat little jeweler....

Kathy

Rough_Rock
Thank you RB. However, I do have a diamond pendant. It is a 1.331 VS2/H set into platinum. Thank you for your suggestion. :))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results