shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help with Dimensions????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

desire2win

Rough_Rock
What are the ideal dimensions of a diamond?? Example what makes a diamond worth less....the depth the table??? Im so confused! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I''ve found a few diamonds but now I am unsure seeing that I missed this other pertinent info! HELP!?!?!
errrr.gif

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Here is a good place to start to figure out dimensions on a diamond.
If you are looking for a round diamond with great dimensions just go to the Pricescope home page and click Search for Cut Quality and put in your carat, color and clarity requirements and GIA/AGS certs and hit go. You will get a list of very very nice cut diamonds from several companies.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Assuming that you are on a quest for a round brilliant ideal cut diamond, you'll do well to stay within the following parameters:

Total depth between 59 - 61.8%
Table between 54 - 56%
Crown angle between 34.3 - 34.8 degrees
Pavilion angle between 40.6 - 40.9 degrees
Girdle: 1.0% thin to medium, preferably faceted
Culet: GIA none or AGS pointed
Polish: GIA Excellent or AGS Ideal
Symmetry: GIA Excellent or AGS Ideal

Of course, there are other combinations of proportions that will result in equal visual performance, but it takes a bit more looking to find the right stone... Punch the total depth and table measurements suggested above into the PS diamond search engine and you'll have less "drek" to sift through to find the right stone... Rembember that not all ideal cut diamonds are created equal, some are more ideal than others
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually from his previous post, I think that desire2win is seeking a princess cut stone. If I am correct, d2w, check out http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt4.htm . This is the AGA chart for princess cut stones. You will want to stay within the 1a-2b range of stones if you are looking for a well-cut princess. With princess stones unfortunately, the info is not as cut and dry as with a round brilliant, so you will have do to your homework. This chart should help out. Stay within the parameters noted for the 1a-2b cut stones and you should be fine. This will not *guarantee* your stone will be well cut but the paramters definitely help you weed out the chaff. If you want to be more discriminating, stay within the 1a-2a range and leave 2b out of it. Also as you can see from the chart, try to get the crown height on the stones when searching. The GIA certs will not have this, the vendor may need to get more info for you.

Also you may want to check out SuperbCert.Com. It has been said on this board that they carry many excellently cut princess stones. It may be a way to narrow the search quickly depending on their inventory.

Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results