shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help to identify these gemstones.

Qenan

Rough_Rock
I have found this two stones on the riverbed, one of them is 10 carats and the other is 2 carats ,they are cuttable, hexagonal shape, I did a research on internet and I couldn't find thing yet, I did a specific gravity test and sometimes it shows sapphire specific gravity sometimes not ,scale problem. I would appreciate any kind of help.

img_15622.jpg

Quenan,
as I wrote just before: don't get frustrated like me when one of my first posts went ignored), I have read in other threads that even the old masters like Chrono, TL etc. cannot ID a gem only by a photo. They probably need much more data, or you need a lab report from GIA or AGL or such. Also, if your stone is any type of gem, it looks rather unattractive. Sorry for being so direct.

Moderates: Perhaps we need a sticky-thread to warn all newcomers from posting photos fro ID purposes. Some may spend hours making a few photos only to be ignored here?

Qenan

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice norman, concerning the look of gemstone, the gemstone is high quality ,it's 90% clear, but photo is bad.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I truly cannot tell anything about what you have in hand other than it is white.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where exactly did you find it? If you give the exact location some of the gurus on here might be able to identify what types of stones are actually found in that general area. You could also probably google what types of stones are found in that particular location too, that might help you.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We indeed did have such a thread explaining that very little could be ID'd from a photo, but it seems to have been lost over time.

Qenan

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all of you who are trying to help, when I found this stones they got me interested because of the fact that I live in Macedonia a country which is among top countries for ruby mine, and their clearness and shape made me do a research.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results