shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

av8ryf

Rough_Rock
Please can someone help me
I am looking at a marquise
H
VS2
table 52%
depth 62.9%
crown angle 30.3 (28.9-31.6)
crown height 14.4
pavillion angle 41.6 (40.2-43)
pavillion depth 44.5
polish good
symmetry good
no flor
no culet
girdle medium vthk

$8058

with all the research I have been doing I get more and more confused. The opinions on what makes a good marquise vary so much that I am getting totally differing ideas on what sounds good. I am wanting to purchase this via the internet and with out seeing it, I don't know what to expect. I have concerns whether the the depth and the crown angle are too low. I only know enough to be dangerous. I really hope that I can get some help. I am frustrated and tired of looking.ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

av8ryf

Rough_Rock
Oops. Sorry, GIA. Thanks!!!

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Usually the G.I.A do not show the crown height pavillion depth etc... are you sure it is g.i.a? also what are the top measurements?
If you want to compare prices and measurements check out a few sites on the web from the comfort of your home, and see if you are getting the best deal for your money.
I think you can do better on some of the sites.

diamondsman:))

av8ryf

Rough_Rock
The diamond was run through the sarin machine to determine the angles. I am not really sure what you mean as far as the top measurements. I am still learning about what it is you need to look for. Unfortunately there are many differing opinions as to what are acceptable proportions of fancy cuts which is causing me much confusion. Any help would be greatly appreciated in making this investment. I really don't know what to do because the crown angle and table seem so small. I am not sure if these two measurements should lead us to disqualify this diamond.

av8ryf

Rough_Rock
The diamond was run through the sarin machine to determine the angles. I am not really sure what you mean as far as the top measurements. I am still learning about what it is you need to look for. Unfortunately there are many differing opinions as to what are acceptable proportions of fancy cuts which is causing me much confusion. Any help would be greatly appreciated in making this investment. I really don't know what to do because the crown angle and table seem so small. I am not sure if these two measurements should lead us to disqualify this diamond.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
That stone sounds like a good deal to me. I also have a GIA certd marquise - 1.44 E VS2. I paid $6,000. for it & it's been apptaised at over $10k. Mine is "too deep" at 69% (? I'm not looking at the cert), all of my other #'s are of a good American cut. And it's absolutely beautiful, clear, & full of sparkle. So I wouldn't get frustrated over all the numbers. Just make sure you either see it before purchasing, or that your vendor has a decent return policy. :))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results