shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help making the most of a once in a lifetime diamond.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a gorgeous, great sized stone. For maybe the very first time I would say do not halo it. There's just something so elegant about a large EC without a halo. I think round stones against the step cut center stone do not go together [of course that's just my lowly opinion] so my vote is for some kind of side stones.

Are you feeling ok? Do you need to lay down??

Seriously tho - I keep checking your thread for new photos. SO looking forward to seeing this!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b yes white side stones would work in my opinion too, I would also use white if going for a different color. Yellow would overwhelm your stone in my opinion because your stone is not that yellow. And because I find it a soft, buttery color rather than strong color I would avoid vivid colors because that would take away from its soft, elegant, minimalistic, sleek beauty. But people vary of course.

For better or for worse - the decision has been made! Hoping everyone loves the final product, but, as you say - people vary!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
il_794xN.1917896273_qqyb.jpg

CVB's 'Etsi' is one of my absolute favourite settings for an EC! I think yours would look yum scrum with super white rounds on either side :kiss2:

ETA: Oopsie, I see you have decided! Can't wait to see what you will do with that gorgeous stone!

Hi @Dandi!

This one is super similar to one I owned before and sold. Also somewhat similar to one I'm having made currently. So yes, I love this design, but I need something different this time out of the gate. I think I've hit it, tho! ;))

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see this ring. It will be epic, I think!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you feeling ok? Do you need to lay down??

Seriously tho - I keep checking your thread for new photos. SO looking forward to seeing this!

Hahaha, I know right? I seriously must be sick. I have what, one ring that doesn't have a halo? But I saw several haloed emerald cut rings in my various searches and to my surprise I didn't like them when the center EC was larger.

Photos may be coming any day now. It's out of casting/polishing and the hand engraving and hand milgraining should be done. The stones need to be set. Then.....it's all mine!! LOL

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Dandi!

This one is super similar to one I owned before and sold. Also somewhat similar to one I'm having made currently. So yes, I love this design, but I need something different this time out of the gate. I think I've hit it, tho! ;))

This is not acceptable I need a hint

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the idea of a halo of yellow diamonds, between the FANTASTIC light show from your GORGEOUS, BEAUTIFUL stone, you would have the contrasting white lights of the yellow diamonds.. this is one gorgeous stone, I bow to MrsB, a connoisseur non-parallel. Whatever you choose, will be perfect.. I like bezels but this beauty? not sure if I would bezel it.. Gosh I love it.. sending huge hugs your way. xo

ETA!! nothing like reading a thread fully b4 answering lady! EXQUISITE... can't wait to see how it looks, it will be EPIC..(one would think I was 12 with all the exclamation points and caps, but it is me :) )

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very late to the thread as I was out of town most of the weekend. I love your stone and look forward to seeing what you have decided! For myself, I would have used white diamonds to enhance the color of the EC, whether a halo or side stones. I think it's risky to do yellow unless DK can send you sample yellow little stones to determine the exact shade that you think works. Then you can be more sure of the final product.

Emerald_Isle13

Rough_Rock
CC24D3CE-867C-4D72-BAF4-9E1A7C603285.jpeg

I love the CVB Annie and Ann styles! She has so many different versions on Instagram both bezel and non bezel versions. Also ones with gems in the halo and without. I’m sure she would come up with something amazing for your diamond.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! So excited to see how you set her!!! I am partial to E-W :) Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 8.53.26 AM.png

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I am just all out of ideas. I'm caught somewhere between a bezel, a halo of tiny round rubies, a halo of carre cut rubies, a halo of baguette cut rubies, a halo of yellow diamonds or sapphires, or just tapered bullets for sides. I can just tell - if I can't make my mind up on something, I'm going to end up with a bezel. Surely I can do better than that for this beauty. SURELY!?!

I want to amp the yellow as much as possible, so any setting is going to have a yellow gold cup. I don't like Edwardian styles on me or anything too frou-frou. It has to be in yellow gold.

Any thoughts appreciated - feel free to go a long way outside the box.

4.07 ct EC.jpeg
OMG. That’s GORG!!! I vote for a YG bezel!!! W a Whisper thin shank w pave diamonds down side! Can’t wait to see what you choose. Love!!!!

Q

Queenie60

@mrs-b - Can't wait to see what you do with this beautiful stone!!!!! I'll stay tuned as your collection is to die for. Q

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Queenie60 and @Emeraldcutlover :wavey:

I have what I think is an amazing design in mind for the setting, but the idea is currently with the diamond cutter to see if it's even possible. And then, of course, I have to work out if it's affordable! The cutter won't quote on it till he has the CADs of the design I want, so we're still working on that at the moment. It's going to be a while yet!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results