shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help making the most of a once in a lifetime diamond.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just all out of ideas. I'm caught somewhere between a bezel, a halo of tiny round rubies, a halo of carre cut rubies, a halo of baguette cut rubies, a halo of yellow diamonds or sapphires, or just tapered bullets for sides. I can just tell - if I can't make my mind up on something, I'm going to end up with a bezel. Surely I can do better than that for this beauty. SURELY!?!

I want to amp the yellow as much as possible, so any setting is going to have a yellow gold cup. I don't like Edwardian styles on me or anything too frou-frou. It has to be in yellow gold.

Any thoughts appreciated - feel free to go a long way outside the box.

4.07 ct EC.jpeg

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Wherever you land, I know it will be magnificent. The thought of rubies outlining this gem tho would definitely make it pop and makes me swoon... :kiss2:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you mentioned working with CVB as something you wanted to do,
What do you think about one of her convertible rings?
You can have it as a sleek bezel some days, and jacketed with colored stones different days?
Nothing saying you can’t have multiple jackets for different colored stones either....

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous!!! No ruby halo, I think that would be too much. I would three stone this. Maybe bullets or baguettes. I would take light yellows for a color match.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your new diamond! It’s gorgeous!!! I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. Our stat’s are almost the same. Mine is a 4.01. It is a L VS1. Set in platinum with baguettes totally .82. I’ll attach photos for reference. Hope this helps! Enjoy - she is beautiful!!! 36C52ED9-08C3-45C6-BB67-2AF1EA15C521.jpeg D41BF840-D3DB-4D49-AE24-BEC0CF778F08.jpeg 6ABE12E8-8394-441F-9BFB-460018027ACF.jpeg 654BD132-8C8E-48E9-A6C3-E3EDEDE003D4.jpeg 38D6A782-A0C2-4D6E-9EA7-CC100C6EF74D.jpeg 029145C8-5056-4CE5-B767-C66F8E95C609.jpeg C3619D58-2560-4C30-9C9C-FCA666DFA6F4.jpeg

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry- my photo's are so big!!! I should have cleaned my ring, the pictures in the ring box aren't the cleanest. Hopefully you still get the idea though!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b the trianglular sides in this example are not in the correct proportions for your gorgeous diamond, but I think F colored sides will help amp up the yellow. I'm a believer that when you have a fabulous center stone, it's best to keep the setting simple so as to focus all the attention on the stone.

Trillion side stones.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally would not set white side stones next to this diamond i don’t think it will enhance the stone to a desired effect. Just make it look like you can’t match colors.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will it definitely be n/s or is that up in the air

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Are yellow diamond tapered bullets an option? A once in a lifetime diamond deserves a once in a lifetime setting!!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that's yours?? I love the idea of tapered bullets on the side and yellow gold.

Yes ma'am! I'm leaning towards a bezeled center stone, then very white, unbezeled, tapered bullets. Ruby halo is my second choice, I think.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Wherever you land, I know it will be magnificent. The thought of rubies outlining this gem tho would definitely make it pop and makes me swoon... :kiss2:

Thanks, @stonewell! I agree. And I actually have some gorgeous ruby melee I could use for this. It's pretty tempting....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you mentioned working with CVB as something you wanted to do,
What do you think about one of her convertible rings?
You can have it as a sleek bezel some days, and jacketed with colored stones different days?
Nothing saying you can’t have multiple jackets for different colored stones either....

@Rfisher. Please stop posting on my threads. EVERY time I see a post by you I get completely obsessed by your three-stone and all I can think is "I want an OEC three stone! I want an OEC three stone!" This is not helpful.

I'd never thought of a convertible three sto (oh for pete's SAKE!) - BEZEL. ( - and yes I really did type that!) I'll have to go find examples on her page. I really do want one of her pieces!

PS Kidding about not posting on my threads; I'd be broken hearted if you stopped! You've got one of my favorite collections on PS! <3

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! No ruby halo, I think that would be too much. I would three stone this. Maybe bullets or baguettes. I would take light yellows for a color match.

Hi @Sunstorm :wavey:

I love the tapered bullet idea, but I think I'd go super white, as I'm concerned yellow would overwhelm it. Vivid yellow melee might work, as it might provide a yellow 'glow', but I think two blocks of brighter color either side would distract the eye. My stone is a soft yellow at best. That's also my concern with the rubies - pulling the eye away from the delicate center to a heavier surrounding color.

Very unsure here....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@EC8 -

Great minds. That setting is already on my radar. I've loved that setting as of yore! That, and her Laurel setting. But - do I want to pay 5k for it? I'm not positive on the price, but I'm guessing it's around that, knowing what some of her other settings cost. But, as I said, this is a once in a lifetime diamond, and that's a once in a lifetime setting! I'm just wondering if she'd convert it to have a cup, tho. I should email and ask, I suppose.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new diamond! It’s gorgeous!!! I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. Our stat’s are almost the same. Mine is a 4.01. It is a L VS1. Set in platinum with baguettes totally .82. I’ll attach photos for reference. Hope this helps! Enjoy - she is beautiful!!! 36C52ED9-08C3-45C6-BB67-2AF1EA15C521.jpeg D41BF840-D3DB-4D49-AE24-BEC0CF778F08.jpeg 6ABE12E8-8394-441F-9BFB-460018027ACF.jpeg 654BD132-8C8E-48E9-A6C3-E3EDEDE003D4.jpeg 38D6A782-A0C2-4D6E-9EA7-CC100C6EF74D.jpeg 029145C8-5056-4CE5-B767-C66F8E95C609.jpeg C3619D58-2560-4C30-9C9C-FCA666DFA6F4.jpeg

That's gorgeous, @peppermintpatty! And your nails are AWESOME!!

Do you happen to know the dimensions of your stone? And would you share your finger size? My finger is a 7, and most I see here are markedly smaller, so it's hard to get a mental picture. Also - can I ask who did your setting? Nosey Nellie here!

And - beautiful looking room in the background of your photos! I love that rug!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b the trianglular sides in this example are not in the correct proportions for your gorgeous diamond, but I think F colored sides will help amp up the yellow. I'm a believer that when you have a fabulous center stone, it's best to keep the setting simple so as to focus all the attention on the stone.

Trillion side stones.jpg

I think you're right, @prs. If I do sides, I think they'll be super white. And I like a sleek setting, rather than all the bells and whistles. I think this is a terrific center stone, so I want to make a jewel the plays to its strengths!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally would not set white side stones next to this diamond i don’t think it will enhance the stone to a desired effect. Just make it look like you can’t match colors.

Hi @Niel

That's always my concern re putting white sides next to pale centers. But this diamond, regardless of the vendor's comments, is an S-T, so it's pretty yellow. If I do a 22kt yellow gold cup on it, I think it will show as definitely yellow - pale yellow, granted, but yellow nonetheless. If I do sides of a stronger yellow, I think it would be a problem, tho it might be able to carry a vivid yellow halo, as that would give it a glow. (I think) Whatever amps the color is what I'm going to do. I DON'T want a ring where the center stone just ends up looking murky!

Yes, definitely north/south. Your thoughts on a vivid yellow halo in a 22kt YG setting? Frankly, I don't think I've ever seen an example of that, and can't ever recall seeing this on Pricescope. if you have any examples, I'd love to see them!

(alternately, you could just sell me your sapphire 3 stone and we'd call it a day...)

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
No ideas but wow the stone! Can't wait to see what you choose

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Niel

That's always my concern re putting white sides next to pale centers. But this diamond, regardless of the vendor's comments, is an S-T, so it's pretty yellow. If I do a 22kt yellow gold cup on it, I think it will show as definitely yellow - pale yellow, granted, but yellow nonetheless. If I do sides of a stronger yellow, I think it would be a problem, tho it might be able to carry a vivid yellow halo, as that would give it a glow. (I think) Whatever amps the color is what I'm going to do. I DON'T want a ring where the center stone just ends up looking murky!

Yes, definitely north/south. Your thoughts on a vivid yellow halo in a 22kt YG setting? Frankly, I don't think I've ever seen an example of that, and can't ever recall seeing this on Pricescope. if you have any examples, I'd love to see them!

(alternately, you could just sell me your sapphire 3 stone and we'd call it a day...)

Never!! ;-)

so I’m probably alone here but I think do a bezel or collet three stone with emeralds or ruby sides in all gold. No diamond comparisons

I’ll look for examples for you of course, boo

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5 stone. Yellow gold bezel, milgrain, center. Tapered traps, and carre-unbezeled.
Boom.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
That's gorgeous, @peppermintpatty! And your nails are AWESOME!!

Do you happen to know the dimensions of your stone? And would you share your finger size? My finger is a 7, and most I see here are markedly smaller, so it's hard to get a mental picture. Also - can I ask who did your setting? Nosey Nellie here!

And - beautiful looking room in the background of your photos! I love that rug!

Thank you, so is yours!!!! I love my nail gal, thank you!

Yes- it is 10.60 x 7.74 x 5.11. Super close to yours. I just had my rings sized to a 7 before I got the new diamond. I had also just gotten a plain platinum band so I thought with 3 rings I better do a 7. I know - so many ladies have such tiny fingers, lucky girls!

I had reached out to Victor, I have several rings from CvB and I love Caysie's work!!! I only wear my rings when I leave the house and I'm a bit of a homebody. Even so, for some reason I am so hard on my jewelry. So I made the decision to go with Precision Set. Nothing fancy, and I would have paid less going with Victor. I just can't do anything delicate. Regardless it is classic and I am happy.

I wish I could take credit for the rug, but I was out of town in the lobby of a hotel.

No matter what way you decide to set your new diamond, it is going to be stunning! You have great taste! Congrats again!!!! I still love the tapered bullets idea regardless of what stone you go with.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
You are a three stone gal and you love rubies, so how about a three stone with step cut ruby side stones! That way you get the color and keep the sleek EC vibe...

I would not do a bezel - but some ruby inspo!

5BDF5F19-5964-45A9-B612-5ED1C4F4616D.png D7F948C1-14DE-42AB-87D2-ED086412EF5E.png

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are a three stone gal and you love rubies, so how about a three stone with step cut ruby side stones! That way you get the color and keep the sleek EC vibe...

I would not do a bezel - but some ruby inspo!

5BDF5F19-5964-45A9-B612-5ED1C4F4616D.png D7F948C1-14DE-42AB-87D2-ED086412EF5E.png

Yaaaaaas this I’m into where’s that grace one as an example

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something with thin sides I think would be fab

Attachments

• F3EEB9BB-93FE-4E64-878E-9D5483C04E60.png
    F3EEB9BB-93FE-4E64-878E-9D5483C04E60.png
    465.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 59C17DB5-2864-4812-B131-245D41B8D341.jpeg
    59C17DB5-2864-4812-B131-245D41B8D341.jpeg
    15.5 KB · Views: 38

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do NOT do a halo of round rubies. Imo that will just look... not good. If you're doing a halo of rubies, imo, you might as well go french or calibre cut - you won't see enough of the bottom facets in carre cuts or baguettes at that size to make those cuts worth it, you'd just be getting big flat table reflections. You could even do tapered bullet sides WITH a ruby halo, either only around the main stone or around the bullets as well. I've seen that before somewhere and it looked amazing - I'll see if I can dig up a pic.

You already have a sleek engagement ring and this is an alternate/RHR, right? I would go over-the-top rather than conservative BUT that's just me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results