shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help! I am really anxious

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nikolas_cy

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone.I''ve ordered a diamond for my girlfriends engagement ring and would like to ask your opinion. I am a bit worried as I have not seen it in real life.It is a cut above heart and arrows diamond from Whiteflash. It should arrive in a week.AGS certificate:
Round Brilliant (5.53 X 5.55 X 3.42)
Cut Grade: AGS IDEAL (0) Fluorescence : negligible
Polish : IDEAL TABLE SIZE: 57%
Symmetry : IDEAL CROWN ANGLE: 34.1 degrees
Proportions: IDEAL PAVILLION ANGLE: 40.9 degrees
COLOUR : F CULLET: pointed
CLARITY GRADE: VS2 girdle: faceted 1.3% to 2%
CARAT WEIGHT : 0.645 DEPTH : 61.7%
As you see I have sacrificed size for brilliance and fire but I am really worried as I have never seen a real 0.64 carat diamond. So here are my questions and I would appreciate any help.
1) Is the diamond too small for an engagement ring, will the ideal cut make it look bigger?(2) I have chosen a 4 prong- heavy platinum solitaire setting(3mm).It seems to compliment the diamond more HOWEVER I have read that a 6 prong makes it look bigger and is more safe.What do you think?

Spyder

Rough_Rock
On a small diamond such as 0.5 ct, six prongs may actually make the diamond look smaller because the prongs cover almost the entire perimeter of the diamond, obscuring the diamonds true diameter. But on a larger diamond, such as 1 ct, the six prongs can make it look bigger because they appear to add to the perimeter. Somewhere between .5ct and 1.0ct it becomes a toss-up.

Other factors influencing the perception of size are the width of the band (narrow band makes the diamond look bigger) and also ringsize (small ring size makes the diamond look bigger).

A well cut .64 with four prongs and a narrow band should look great. If your girlfriend wears a big ringsize, then just get another with smaller fingers.

nikolas_cy

Rough_Rock
Thanks Spyder for the quick reply. Points taken except I don't think I'll switch my girlfriend. To me, she is more than an ideal cut,F, IF diamond and although not a Heart an arrow design she certainly has struck an arrow through my heart! :razz:

thanks

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I just bought an A Cut Above H&A. Check out the pics on my Early Mother's Day Eye Candy post. You will be absolutely astounded when you see your magnificent White Flash GEM!
love.gif
Brian Gavin's cutting skill is "Par Excellence"!
9.gif

Almost everyone who finds Price Scope winds up making some sort of compromise before they get to the purchase stage. For some, it's color. For some, it's clarity. For some, it's size. For some, it's a combination of things.

Don't worry about size. Your diamond will easily compare to a .75 carat size Maul store stone. Maul store cuts typically are deep so the diameters are smaller. But size is the only comparison you can make here. The brilliance of the ACA you bought will outshine any Maul store or "Ideal" cut diamond other people buy from their local "diamond broker".
2.gif
And the CUT will make your diamond appear larger than it actually is. ACA's flash color and white light like no other diamond I've seen!
10.gif
Also, don't forget that White Flash has the lifetime upgrade policy. Down the road you can always go bigger and apply the full purchase price of this diamond to the next. But I doubt your gal will do that. So many of us upgrade, but we almost always hang on to that engagement diamond. There is so much emotion and memories encircled within the e-ring.

Prong number is sort of a personal preference. 6 prongs are very strongly recommended for 1+ carat. Lots of people go with 4. You made a good choice with Platinum. Platinum prongs don't soften over time like gold tends to do. Platinum doesn't snag and bend or break like gold can sometimes do. Your diamond will be very secure in platinum.

Congrats to you and your gal. She will love the gorgeous diamond you picked. Best wishes for many long and healthy years together.
2.gif

nikolas_cy

Rough_Rock
Thanks pqcollectibles
You have been really helpful. I have posted a reply to your topic commenting your diamond. A MUST SEE TO EVERYONE! FASCINATING!(look at previous message for post name).

Anyone else have any opinion on my topic. I would still love to have some more feedback, plus I like chatting with you guys.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
'To me, she is more than an ideal cut,F, IF diamond and although not a Heart an arrow design she certainly has struck an arrow through my heart!'

What happened to D and E?
2.gif

Your ACA should be stunning. See a few more pictures in the 'Eye Candy' forum on this same website...there are a few posted on there as well. Good luck, let us know how things turn out, and post pictures!

nikolas_cy

Rough_Rock
oops! you're right Mara, I meant to have said D!... just a clumsy error, I assure you :razz:
thanks

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Nik,

What you should really do before you pull the trigger and to alleviate your concerns is to actually GO AND SEE A DIAMOND OF THIS SIZE. When any of our clients are up in the air about size the best thing you can do is take a stroll in the mall and see what those sizes actually look like and also if you are content with that size. An F VS2 is a great quality but you can, if you choose get slightly lower clarity or color (or both) and go for a larger stone. A client we were showing .5x and .6xct stones to this weekend were in the same dilemma and after I popped out a .7xct H SI1 chose the larger stone. But this is THEM, you may be totally satisfied with a .6xct size. Also keep in mind that a stone you get with WhiteFlash will of course be more beautiful than the typical garbage you'll see in the malls too.

My .02c

Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results