shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help! CAD for custom ring.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I need opinions on this CAD for a custom ring I'm having made. The ring is going to be in 14K rose gold, except for the center marquise in white gold. The CAD does not show this, which I'm told is okay, it will still be rose gold. Also the profile will have floral engraving work and 3D bears. This is also not shown, which I'm told is still going to be okay that it's not in the CAD, but will be in the final product. My question is the actual gold work for the stones. The way I originally wanted the ring, was to be as slender as structurally possible. So the extra gold around the bezeling was not how I wanted it originally. This can be fixed, but should I? Or do you think the design looks better chunkier? This is for a right hand ring. Also if someone else notices another detail I missed.

10003852_10202833033163475_402204669_o.jpg

14196.jpg

10515271_10206999710967816_8308063277293057422_o.jpg

12240445_10206999711527830_2569151034104900332_o.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CAD's

fa-6959_front.jpg

fa-6959_pers.jpg

fa-6959_side.jpg

fa-6959_top.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Also the filigree swirls on top of the marquise will be done by hand as well.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
I would imagine they had to make it chunky to accommodate the big blue stone can you leave that one out its doesn't seem to sit in with the other smaller stones.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd rather keep the sapphire, it's my son's birthstone, and the exact right color I was looking for. None of the stones really match in size, they all have special meaning though. I've been collecting them all over about 8 years.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a sketch that was done by Greenlake when I was gathering estimates. They were my favorite, unfortunately VERY far out of my price range. I hesitated sharing the sketch since I didn't end up using them, but it does a really good job of showing the end result I'm looking for.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think they way they designed the CAD was also so the profile wasn't bumpy due to the bezeling. Maybe it's easier for them to do the engraving work this way?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can they not be gypsy set? The profile is so bumpy and unrefined looking. It looks like the GreenLake design is also gypsy set except for the center marquise. It is smoother and easier to wear such a ring.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've never heard of gypsy set. So that's what Greenlake did? So should I ask my jeweler if they can do that? Will that give it the slender look?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you look carefully, the girdle is set into the shank/metal itself, with only the crown coming up and above the band. This will give a lower and smoother look. Also, why is the marquise bezel so huge, relative to the marquise? That's a lot of air space to fill up.

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
This is so unique and will be so special! I'm also wondering about the sapphire though. That seems like such a large stone compared to the others. Could you look for a smaller one?

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone. I sent a few alteration requests to my jeweler, so now it's just a waiting game again to see how it comes out! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to your next update! I am sure you are excited to finally have this ring in the works after collecting the stones for so long! :dance:

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby|1450254889|3962186 said:
Looking forward to your next update! I am sure you are excited to finally have this ring in the works after collecting the stones for so long! :dance:

Thank you! I am very excited! It's been a very long process. The more I learn on Pricescope and learn about jewelry in general, the more my style changes. I use to buy A LOT from maul stores and had quite a big collection. Then BAM Pricescope came along and I realized I didn't need almost any of my collection anymore. I sold about half to have my 1st and probably only ering upgrade. Then the rest of it I'm still in the process of selling to have this RHR made. Once this is done, I'll be having a pair of earrings made and a pendant. I'll probably be done after that. I'll be left with a very small collection after that (ering, RHR, pendant, earrings, and a couple eternity bands). But I'm going for quality not quantity now. Woah sorry for the long tangent! :lol:

Anyway yes, hopefully I'll hear back soon, and I'll post updates as the process moves along. :bigsmile:

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I use to buy A LOT from maul stores....

Unintentionally funny but accurate post. I suspect this may become part of Wink's vernacular... ha ... maul store :lol:

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I had made some changes based on some help I received in this thread, but when I saw it, I decided to go with the original version. It's chunky and heavy which is fitting for RHR, for me anyway. Which is the opposite of what I had originally wanted. Anywho, it's finally done!! I just wanted to say thank you for all the help to everyone. Here's my SMTB thread for those who would like to see some photos!! :appl:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/collection-of-diamonds-set-in-custom-rose-gold-rhr.220293/#post-3999963#p3999963']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/collection-of-diamonds-set-in-custom-rose-gold-rhr.220293/#post-3999963#p3999963[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results