shape
carat
color
clarity

I need expert advice on this pear ring I am considering purchasing. I would appreciate any input you can give??

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
It says it was purchased. Did you buy it? If so congratulations!
I know nothing about pears. The video looked good. The cut was VG while polish and symmetry were both Ex. I wonder why it didn’t score a 3X. Hopefully someone that knows about pears can chime in. Also, did you ask if it was eye clean since it’s SI2? My only other thing to look out for is bow tie.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you make sure it is eye-clean? It probably would be for my older eyes but for younger eyes it may not. I'm talking about whats on the
table at about 4 o'clock.

When you get it I would take it out and compare it to well-cut rounds. Make sure you are happy with the performance and light return on the pear.

Kachsgirl

Rough_Rock
It says it was purchased. Did you buy it? If so congratulations!
I know nothing about pears. The video looked good. The cut was VG while polish and symmetry were both Ex. I wonder why it didn’t score a 3X. Hopefully someone that knows about pears can chime in. Also, did you ask if it was eye clean since it’s SI2? My only other thing to look out for is bow tie.

Thanks! Not yet. I have it on hold. I just wanted to get input from the experts before I pull the trigger.

Kachsgirl

Rough_Rock
Did you make sure it is eye-clean? It probably would be for my older eyes but for younger eyes it may not. I'm talking about whats on the
table at about 4 o'clock.

When you get it I would take it out and compare it to well-cut rounds. Make sure you are happy with the performance and light return on the pear.

That is one of my biggest concerns. I am no good at judging from the magnification if it is eye clean. They are telling me it is.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GIA doesn't grade cut on pears - it is a cut grade assigned by BN. If you pull up the actual GIA cert there is no cut grade. I'd pass on it, as there are 2 obvious black inclusions on the table that would drive me crazy. And little black ones peppered throughout.

Kachsgirl

Rough_Rock
GIA doesn't grade cut on pears - it is a cut grade assigned by BN. If you pull up the actual GIA cert there is no cut grade. I'd pass on it, as there are 2 obvious black inclusions on the table that would drive me crazy. And little black ones peppered throughout.

I agree! This is an upgrade for my 25th anniversary. I am upgrading from a 1.36 Marquise, E color and I1. I want it to be something that I love and it definitely needs to be eye clean. It would really bother me if I can see any inclusions! Especially black! Thank you so much! That helps me settle it.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Kachsgirl

Rough_Rock
This is a nice one that has been discounted

This one is a pretty elongated one so not sure what your preference is

Another nice one but not as large as the other 2

Thanks so much! I really like the first two. In the midst of all the COVID stuff, I think I am going to hold off. Unfortunately, it’s hard to get anything delivered unless it’s in house. Not Blue Nile’s fault. I haven’t had a good experience with that so far. I may just buy locally when this all blows over. I really want to be able to see the diamond for myself.

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results