shape
carat
color
clarity

I need ALL your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chilidog

Rough_Rock
I've been planning a proposal for about 6 mos. now and I bounced some ideas off of an acquaintance of mine. Here it is:

Take my future fiancé to Sea World to swim with the dolphins, and see what it takes to become part of one of the shows in front of an audience. After the show was over of course the employee and main trainer thanks the helpers (us) and then tells the audience there is something I would like to say, so he walks over and hands me the mic and another hands me my guitar and I begin to sing the song from the wedding singer (“I want to grow old with you” by Adam Sandler). Just towards the end of the song the trainer sends out a penguin holding the opened ring box on a pillow, I say a few sweet words and propose.

Sounds great doesn’t it. Well he ended up telling my girlfriend what he was going to do for his girlfriend, HE TOOK MY IDEA (except for the song part)! Now I can’t do this. I wanted to propose in the next month, but now I have to out do my own idea!!! Anybody got any great ideas? Feel free to take mine…

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
He took your idea? That stinks!

I loved it! I'll give it some thought.

Hmmmmm.............

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/9/2002 3:53:37 PM

Hi Lawmax, glad to see you arround :wavey:
----------------

Hi :)

I'm recovering from surgery and moving in another week, so I'm weak and busy. Hope to be up to speed as soon as possible.

:)

chilidog

Rough_Rock
Now she thinks he is super sweet and almost started crying due to the great idea. I HAVE to beat it now!!

Jess

Rough_Rock
Well, no matter what you do, you have to make sure she knows it was YOUR super sweet idea that he stole so that makes him a super jerk! If you want to surprise her though, you might wait to tell her until after propose to her in a super-sweet way.

I like the hot air baloon idea, myself... also, I have a friend that proposed at half-time at our college homecoming football game. She thought she was coming down to the field for a trivia game--the questions were sports-related but the answers were the schools that they had attended. The mascot got down on one knee, then moved to reveal my friend on one knee with a ring. It was sweet. I am sure whatever you come up with, she will not be comparing it to your idiot friend. She will be in the moment and love it. Be romantic.

Some ideas:
Take her on a carriage ride, a boat ride at sunset, out on the beach alone(you are close to the ocean, right?) Go to some type of performance and get the performers to sing, act, or whatever to let her know it is about her. Take her to a magic show and get her to be a guest that goes up on stage...the magician says "poof" and there is the ring and you up on stage. Whatever! I wouldn't look at it as having to out-do that other guy. do what will make her happy, and what will be special to the 2 of you. Good luck and keep us updated!

chilidog

Rough_Rock
Thanks Jess!

Good stuff...

kurt

Rough_Rock
If you haven't already proposed then here is a pretty unique way to propose I believe.

Call your doctor's office and get them involved in your "plan". I would get a radiologist to take an xray of your chest with the engagement ring laying over your heart beforehand. This will show up very nicely while looking at the xrays.

"Schedule" a doctors vist with your bride to be and have the doctor walk in an say "we found something of interest on your xray" and have the doctor show the xray to you and your girlfried. You might even tape the ring to your chest and have her unbutton your shirt to "take a look". There she will find a beautiful engagement ring taped to your chest.

Just a thought so let me know.

/kurt

chilidog

Rough_Rock
I haven't proposed yet, actually she left me:blackeye: . So if anyone is looking to buy an engagemnet ring, I've got a 1.5C Princess Cut, H color. It is beautiful. I figure, I bought it for her, and it would not be right for me to give it to someone else.

by the way, great idea. That maybe something I will use later in life, if I can find myself ready to REALLY love again.

Thanks to all posts and replies, but I may be ducking this place for a while. let me know if anyone needs a ring!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry things didn't work out chilidog. She wasn't the right one for you then. Keep your eyes and your heart open. :)

kurt

Rough_Rock
Sorry to hear that but maybe its for the better. Since she left you then she probably wasn't right for you and would have just made you miserable.

Anyway.. keep your chin up and before you know it you'll find yourself loves sunny shores once again!

/kurt

keg

Rough_Rock
This is quite sad and interesting...after 7 years i think i'd just be happy if my boyfriend proposed! But i must say i do love the Adam Sandler bit where you sing the song from the wedding singer...maybe you could save that bit for someone else since your friend didn't steal it.

poptheq

Rough_Rock
How about proposing on TV???? See poptheq.net for more information. Good luck with the proposal ideas!

djwinnie

Rough_Rock
Hey, I'm looking for a 1.5 princess cut diamond, if you are still trying to sell. Call me at 713-860-9539. Thanx.

Douglas Winnie

What are you asking? Send email to [email protected]

chilidog

Rough_Rock
actually, I've got her back! We stayed away for 2 days (2 days too many if you ask me). I am actually going to propose on Christmas Eve. 4 years ago on this Christmas Eve I was 18 and she was 16, I took her out to a park (Citrus Park in Ca) and we had a candle light picnic, there I gave her a promise ring. This year I plan on making that promise a reality.

Here is the plan. We are doing a family thing on Christmas eve, during the afternoon. That should end around 6-7pm, after that I plan on taking her to a really nice Italian Resturant we have not been to before, its called A'roma (let me know if any of you have been, we both love italian food). After a nice romantic Italian dinner we will head back twords home, i will then bring up the idea of grabing her favorite starbuch's coffee and driving around town to look at christmas lights, we will then end up at the famous Mission Inn in Riverside (Very old fashioned, romantic hotel, decorated with lots of lights and Christmas goodies) I have contacts there and I will pretend to be sneaky and have us sneak into the courtyard where there are fountains and gardens galore, I am asuming she her heart will begin to beat faster just because we are romantically being dangaous. I will then lead her to the beautiful old fashion church in the hotel courtyard, there is a beautiful fountain there, on the fountain will be a number of ring boxes all surrounded by lit candles and rose pedals (thanks to my brother arriving before us) in each ring box there will be a single word that describes either her, our love, or the way I feel about her. Finally she will have opened the last box, but still no ring, just another nice word. that is when i will come from behind with my guitar and sing the adam sandler song "grow old with you" after the song i will have a few words ending with the famous down on one knee while opening a the ring box and saying "Will you marry me?"

My only problem is she is wearing her promise ring now, i know i can have the jewlry store we bought it from say there is a loose prong and they need to keep it for a day, but i would like something cooler. any ways, if anyone was able to read this novel I would really like your input on the whole process and let me know where i should + or - Thanks all!!! Wish me luck!

jnbgirl

Rough_Rock
That sounds so romantic. I just got engaged in June, and had another ring on that finger. Let her keep her promise ring on until you pop the question. Good Luck.:appl:

chilidog

Rough_Rock
Should I take her ring off just before I open the new ring box?

chilidog

Rough_Rock
I'm gett'n kinda nervous here, what do you'all think about my "revised" proposal?

:confused:

billyb

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I've been browsing the board for the last week and just joined today.

I just read through the thread and I'm glad things are working out chilidog! You've got some GREAT ideas and I think this one at the Mission Inn sounds wonderful!

I wouldn't worry about her wearing the promise ring. You could have her take it off after you propose with the new ring.

kurt, Your idea with the xrays is really cool too!

I think I've got a few threads I need to go through here so I can come up with a nice proposal of my own :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your revised idea sounds great. I'm not a big fan of serenades, but its definitely a romantic touch. The Inn idea with the jewelry boxes sounds excellent, very low-key but thoughtful. Good luck! :)

sandn21

Rough_Rock
Somehow ask her if you can see the promise ring and then pull out the box, get down on one knee and ask "would you let me replace it with this one"? (or something to that effect!)

chilidog

Rough_Rock
Thats kinda my idea so far, just wanted to be more creative. well we are just 6 days away, I am getting really nervous. I talked to her parents last night and asked for there blessings. They gave me the okay, but they asked me if I was going to record it. They said alot of thier friends did and they wished they did. Now I am super nervous, PLEASE, somebody tell me how they feel about my idea! Is it romantic enough, should I add or subtract anything? PLEASE HELP! I am really nervous (incase i havent said so already) I want this to be perfect for her!!!!!

Googleman

Rough_Rock
Chili:

I understand your nervousness. I am sure it will be perfect. The mere proposal and beautiful ring will be enough to forever inspire great memories of the occassion. The rest will just be icing on the cake! You seem to be very thoughtful and taking great care to prepare a perfect proposal. She will certainly appreciate that. Good luck!

chilidog

Rough_Rock
Thanks googleman, your comments are greatly apreciated...:))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results