shape
carat
color
clarity

i need advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tracybaby

Rough_Rock
My husband bought me a ring he asked for a .50 princess diamond good cut VS2 GH color 18k size7 it turned out that the jeweller gave us a .45 princess diamond good cut SI2 DE color 18k size 6.5
He payed 1,500 including taxes the man is someone who i have known from the mall for several years this is why he told my husband he would give him a good deal. When i called him and told him i had it appraised he told me to bring it back and if he could not get exactly what i wanted he would give us our money back. I am upset that he lied to us and gave us something less than what my husband had asked for. Before I had it appraised i went back to see him to have him put exactly what it was on the receipt. There was no papers with my ring and on the bottom of the receipt it says no refunds. Please tell me what you think and what i should do.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
He lied, so he should give you back your money with no questions asked. Start over with an honest vendor, there is a reason we call these stores "maul" stores.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome Tracybaby
35.gif

I am sorry your ''friend'' seems to have taken advantage of this situation. Shame on him.
15.gif

Neat is right - this is game over for the vendor, however friendly he is, no sorry, was. Time to move on.

I would approach this in a softly softly manner. Be very calm and as polite as you can muster. Just explain that you did not get what you paid for and while you appreciate his offer to try to meet your expectations you really need a refund at this stage. Thank him for his time and request the refund in cash/credit card refund. If he persists and wants to exchange, I recommend you say you have ''taken up enough of his time'' (lie..lie..lie) and really want the refund now. If he stalls after that, then it is time to be curt and demand the refund because he is no longer playing nice either.

I hope this was just an honest ''mistake'' on an uncerted ring - but he did also get the ring size wrong...
20.gif

If I live to be 100 with a masters in sociology and psychology, I will never understand what makes people tick.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I ditto Steel and neatfreak - sounds like this guy may have been well-meaning but bottom line is he was deceptive with you. I''d insist, politely but firmly, that he give you your money back and then I''d seek out a better stone that is what you actually want from an honest vendor.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ditto the other ladies, shame on this guy for taking the p**s.
And please start over with a trusted/recommended vendor and buy certified stones only.
There is a reason you usually get "a good deal" with these kinda stores - as you found out, you''re not getting what you think at all.

Good luck, and pls keep us updated on what happens.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results