shape
carat
color
clarity

I Need a Reference

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lineyd

Rough_Rock
I have several rings, a three stone, a two row anniversary, some baguettes etc. that I woul like to make into an eternity ring or two stackers...whatever. I have taken these to two local jewelers and both say I would need custom work, the diamonds won''t match...need all new ones, blah blah blah. None of the original rings were very expensive, but I have never "offended" anyone by wearing them!
21.gif
! Bottom line I have lots of small diamonds, anywhere from 2 to 20 pts that could IMHO be set in a stock ring of some sort...I think my locals can''t be bothered! So anyway, is there someone I could send them to for suggestions? Any suggestions will really be appreciated as I begin to spring clean the jewelry ox!

Thanks!

shady71

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 4:18:33 PM
Author:lineyd
I have several rings, a three stone, a two row anniversary, some baguettes etc. that I woul like to make into an eternity ring or two stackers...whatever. I have taken these to two local jewelers and both say I would need custom work, the diamonds won't match...need all new ones, blah blah blah. None of the original rings were very expensive, but I have never 'offended' anyone by wearing them!
21.gif
! Bottom line I have lots of small diamonds, anywhere from 2 to 20 pts that could IMHO be set in a stock ring of some sort...I think my locals can't be bothered! So anyway, is there someone I could send them to for suggestions? Any suggestions will really be appreciated as I begin to spring clean the jewelry ox!

Thanks!
Kim,

I am currently working on a similar project with 10 stones from a favorite Aunt's wedding ring. I am working with Brian Gavin formerly of WF. He did a Diamond Extreme Makeover (my recut thread) for me last month and I am thrilled with the results.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
He received my old ring yesterday and I am waiting for him to remove and weigh/measure the stones after which I will select a stock setting from the wide selection they have access to. I am looking for a basic shared prong 1/2 eternity type setting which will probably use 9 of my stones, and will likely go with palladium. Lesley is a doll to work with, so very helpful and supportive.

Once this project is done, I also have a .70 -.75ct OEC from my other Aunt along with her wedding band containing 14 small (maybe .05-.07) single cut stones. Considering maybe a pendant with these stones, but one project at a time before the husband's head explodes
31.gif

ETA: Their website is not fully completed yet, but hopefully soon, in the meantime you can make contact through the site.

lineyd

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 8:35:03 AM
Author: shady71

Date: 2/25/2009 4:18:33 PM
Author:lineyd
I have several rings, a three stone, a two row anniversary, some baguettes etc. that I woul like to make into an eternity ring or two stackers...whatever. I have taken these to two local jewelers and both say I would need custom work, the diamonds won''t match...need all new ones, blah blah blah. None of the original rings were very expensive, but I have never ''offended'' anyone by wearing them!
21.gif
! Bottom line I have lots of small diamonds, anywhere from 2 to 20 pts that could IMHO be set in a stock ring of some sort...I think my locals can''t be bothered! So anyway, is there someone I could send them to for suggestions? Any suggestions will really be appreciated as I begin to spring clean the jewelry ox!

Thanks!
Kim,

I am currently working on a similar project with 10 stones from a favorite Aunt''s wedding ring. I am working with Brian Gavin formerly of WF. He did a Diamond Extreme Makeover (my recut thread) for me last month and I am thrilled with the results.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
He received my old ring yesterday and I am waiting for him to remove and weigh/measure the stones after which I will select a stock setting from the wide selection they have access to. I am looking for a basic shared prong 1/2 eternity type setting which will probably use 9 of my stones, and will likely go with palladium. Lesley is a doll to work with, so very helpful and supportive.

Once this project is done, I also have a .70 -.75ct OEC from my other Aunt along with her wedding band containing 14 small (maybe .05-.07) single cut stones. Considering maybe a pendant with these stones, but one project at a time before the husband''s head explodes
31.gif

ETA: Their website is not fully completed yet, but hopefully soon, in the meantime you can make contact through the site.
Hi Shady...This is exactly the kind of person I am looking for. You contacting me is "creepy" IN A GOOD WAY! My engagement/wedding ring is VERY similiar to yours, I don''t have access to photos right now, but you can see it in another thread (search 2.17 oval...Liney D) and I am trying to decide on a remount of this ring. The anniversary ring that has some of the smaller diamonds that this thread addresses is VERY similiar to your aunts ring! So maybe it is fate that Brian should be my man too! Your re-cut is beautiful, and your "dated"
30.gif
mounting looks great! I am very excited to see if he and his staff can help me! Thanks!!

shady71

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 8:25:37 PM
Author: lineyd
Hi Shady...This is exactly the kind of person I am looking for. You contacting me is ''creepy'' IN A GOOD WAY! My engagement/wedding ring is VERY similiar to yours, I don''t have access to photos right now, but you can see it in another thread (search 2.17 oval...Liney D) and I am trying to decide on a remount of this ring. The anniversary ring that has some of the smaller diamonds that this thread addresses is VERY similiar to your aunts ring! So maybe it is fate that Brian should be my man too! Your re-cut is beautiful, and your ''dated''
30.gif
mounting looks great! I am very excited to see if he and his staff can help me! Thanks!!
ROFL, our clunky gold mounts look like twins separated at birth
9.gif
I am thrilled with the recut 2.10 and will likely remount it in the next year or two to really show it off as it really can''t be fully appreciated in that mount. The wedding sets with matching diamond bands are starting to grow on me. I do still really like my chunky gold ring so will probably put the 1.10 RB from my MIL into it. But in the meantime, the reset of the 9 or 10 old cut stones into a 1/2 eternity will give me a stand alone band, or one of several future stackers
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results