I miss @rockysalamander

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where she be???:confused:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last seen 4th October, can’t be far away!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was also thinking about @rockysalamander the other day.

Hope all is good with her, although I understand life and work can sometimes take us away from the hobbies we enjoy.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, you guys.... Thanks for thinking of me. I've been busy with work and life. I overcommitted myself to make quilts for a charity working with kids in foster care. They asked me to focus on quilts appropriate for boys, as they received 3x-4x more items for girls than boys. So, below you can see my little assembly line. 3 quilts down and lots more to go!

After the first of the year, I'll have some more headspace to think about bling. {but, I'm still lurking lurk whenever I can!}

IMG_20181016_125000_940.jpg IMG_20181015_112722_161.jpg
20181018_195659.jpg

@sledge @MissGotRocks @tyty333 @Matthews1127 @Lykame @kindred @bmfang @aussiemel @Snowdrop13 @HappyNewLife

Attachments

• 20181018_194651.jpg
    20181018_194651.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 12

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, you guys.... Thanks for thinking of me. I've been busy with work and life. I overcommitted myself to make quilts for a charity working with kids in foster care. They asked me to focus on quilts appropriate for boys, as they received 3x-4x more items for girls than boys. So, below you can see my little assembly line. 3 quilts down and lots more to go!

After the first of the year, I'll have some more headspace to think about bling. {but, I'm still lurking lurk whenever I can!}

20181018_195659.jpg

@sledge @MissGotRocks @tyty333 @Matthews1127 @Lykame @kindred @bmfang @aussiemel @Snowdrop13 @HappyNewLife

Me SUPER LUVS! My Mom makes quilts. Labour intensive (and challenging) but BUILT with LOVE. I know everything you make will be loved and well received. YOU ROCK RS!:appl::love::wavey::love::wavey:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You never cease to amaze me @rockysalamander. Sorry you are so busy but I am glad to hear all is well with you.

Thank you for helping here but even moreso for helping with the kiddos that don't have anyone else! The quilts rock and will touch their life in a big way.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
How wonderful! Glad that things are ok with you even if you've got your fingers in too many pies! :kiss2:

Those quilts look amazing, I had never really appreciated the work that went into a quilt (never had one) but those look fabulous and I'm sure will bring some joy to a little boy who has little else.

Warmest of wishes to you.
Lydia

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@rockysalamander, you are amazing! How sweet to give of yourself in such a loving way!!! I’m so glad you are well, and are caught up in such an awesome cause!!
Looking forward to your return, after the quilting is done!! I hope you will share more photos of your quilts!! The one you shared looks beautiful!! :mrgreen2:
Don’t hesitate to come back, from time time, if you need a break! There are plenty who could use your help!! :lol-2:
Big hugs, my friend!! ;)2

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - such a generous gift of time and energy! The quilts look great and will be warmly welcomed by some little boys. Hats off to you for such a generous undertaking! Good to hear from you though and know that all is well - just busy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there @rockysalamander !!! Glad to see you are well and yay for creating such beautiful pieces for charity. You rock in more ways than one!:appl:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joining the chorus. It is good to see you dropping by to post, and I am loving the quilts.

Resa, my wife, does hand woven scarves and blankets that many in our extended family enjoy. This is a glorious time of year for so many reasons. Looking forward to seeing more of you after Christmas Season is over.

Wink

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for popping by. Been thinking of you a lot and hoping all was well. So wonderful to see your commitment to helping lots of little boys. :kiss2:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20181018_195659.jpg

wow, those are so adorable! You're incredibly talented!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy bobbins, rocky!:lol-2:

May all the good you do for others come back atcha 100 fold!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone, really. You really warmed my heart.

These are no show quilts! But, I've been sewing long enough to hide most of my mistakes. And...I don't get all the credit. My 8-year-old son is my advisor to make sure I hit the "boy" element. We are aiming for boy with some cross-over elements. Life's too short and childhood hard enough for these kids. If a boy likes My Little Pony or Princesses, I'm gonna sneak some in there for that little guy!

@Wink. Crafting is so good for the soul. I'd love to see Resa's creations.

The mods have been so patient and I'm sure the newbies are mystified by the quilty talk. I'll put a thread over on Hangout once I have some more to show and get some nice days for photos. In the meantime, back to my workshop!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone, really. You really warmed my heart.

These are no show quilts! But, I've been sewing long enough to hide most of my mistakes. And...I don't get all the credit. My 8-year-old son is my advisor to make sure I hit the "boy" element. We are aiming for boy with some cross-over elements. Life's too short and childhood hard enough for these kids. If a boy likes My Little Pony or Princesses, I'm gonna sneak some in there for that little guy!

@Wink. Crafting is so good for the soul. I'd love to see Resa's creations.

The mods have been so patient and I'm sure the newbies are mystified by the quilty talk. I'll put a thread over on Hangout once I have some more to show and get some nice days for photos. In the meantime, back to my workshop![/QUOTE

Don't stay away too long!

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful quilts! I just had to let go of one my aunt made that I kept for about 25 years. It was too ripped to repair after several moves and animals deciding to use it as a bed. I was really sad about it. Those will be such nice gifts that will be held onto for a long time to come.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh RockyS - so kind of you! I quilt too - such a special labor of love that you are doing for boys.

CAF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results