shape
carat
color
clarity

I might...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I might have something on its way to me from GOG.

It might be stuck in customs and won't be delivered until Tuesday :nono:

So we might be making a trip to the BIG CITY to pick it up tomorrow instead!

And we might go to the aquarium too.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Well, aren't we being mysterious :naughty: ! Are you gonna spill or leave us in suspense here??? :bigsmile:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it the avc? Still considering "downgrading"??

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course it is an AVC!

Let's say I am thinking of a change :))

I have been obsessed with AVCs since they first appeared on PS in 2009, and this is my chance to see one in person and maybe keep it! Still have my RB so fun comparisons are in the future!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
And might you also be posting some photos soon?

:naughty:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Ha Ha Dreamer! Good luck and keep us posted!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More details please!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Aoife|1314990162|3008483 said:
And might you also be posting some photos soon?

:naughty:

I sure hope so!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yaaah! I too am obsessed with these beauties. Go girl! Be sure to post your thoughts!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh man!! I am jealous! Please be sure to post lots of photos!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Girl, you are such a tease!! :cheeky:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought and thought and thought and realized that I would always have the "what if" in the back of my mind if I did not at least call out an AVC to see in person. The rising diamond prices not only meant that I could sell my stone and be a good girl and use it for responsible things, but it also opened up the possibility of changing cuts, something I have contemplated many times. Wouldn't do it for a loss. But for a gain? Hmmm... could be win win. IF I adore the different cut.

I decided to take a risk with the stone I bought and am having shipped out to me. I adore colorless RBs, but in older cuts I have been really inspired by Haven's new OMC, kelpie's OEC and LGK's OEC, not to mention all the beautiful eye candy on JbEG's website. So I decided to try a stone that will be truly unique where I live, something I have also been craving for a long time:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8045/

http://www.youtube.com/diamondinfoman#p/u/45/Sa7wlv0nVwk

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
omg! it's beautiful!!!!!!! :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh boy!!! cant wait to see this :bigsmile: are you implying that you will get to keep your RB and the AVC- or is this an either or situation?? :naughty:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1314998111|3008594 said:
oh boy!!! cant wait to see this :bigsmile: are you implying that you will get to keep your RB and the AVC- or is this an either or situation?? :naughty:

Good lord that would be great! No, it is either or I am afraid. I will either keep this AVC or buy a different one if the Cut wins me over but the color is not what I want, or I will keep my RB! Gonna be a tough decision, but sooooooo much fun! :D

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Very exciting! Looking forward to comparisons!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, it has medium blue fluor!! :lickout:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1315000614|3008624 said:

I know! Won't likely make much difference but could add some interesting depth in sunlight!

And, you know, it will look cool when I go club hopping. Which I do all the time.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This certainly is exciting! It's things like this that make life interesting...can't wait to hear your thoughts!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
It's a beauty, Dreamer! I'm totally on board, I LOVE the AVCs and I'm scheming how to get one as my next project :naughty:
Can't wait to see it, how are you going to set it?

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
what a beautiful stone! i think you are going to love it! I had an I AVC and then I upgraded to a larger M AVC and I loved the M more than the I. It picked up some beautiful colors and had a really pretty blue tint to it in most lighting conditions-and once it even glowed green! I loved it but it was an S I2 and I hated the inclusions!!!

The AVCs blow the RBs away outside-so make sure to take it everywhere before you decide. I hope you have fun playing-you made a great choice.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
maplefemme|1315005447|3008671 said:
It's a beauty, Dreamer! I'm totally on board, I LOVE the AVCs and I'm scheming how to get one as my next project :naughty:
Can't wait to see it, how are you going to set it?

It is being sent in a simple four prong tiffany style setting, the cheapest one available. I was going to see it loose to save money in case I send it back, but in that case the stone is a) not covered by my insurance (set it is covered immediately for 30 days) and b) I could not wear it! I felt like both of those things were really important to help me decide about keeping it or not, and so we took the plunge and set it. The setting is non-refundable. It is not my first choice style of setting, in fact I really dislike that styel, but it will be fine until I can figure something out. I have NO idea how I will set it if I keep it! So much will depend on the color and how it looks. I want the stone to look like what it is, no desire to mask its color I want to embrace and complement it. But how that will work I have no clue. I am thinking rose gold might come into play, or yellow gold perhaps. I want something different and unique.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1315000951|3008629 said:

I know! Won't likely make much difference but could add some interesting depth in sunlight!

And, you know, it will look cool when I go club hopping. Which I do all the time.

Just wanted to make sure people know I was joking about club hopping :tongue: I have not been to a club in about 5 years! haha

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kasey3|1315007970|3008689 said:
what a beautiful stone! i think you are going to love it! I had an I AVC and then I upgraded to a larger M AVC and I loved the M more than the I. It picked up some beautiful colors and had a really pretty blue tint to it in most lighting conditions-and once it even glowed green! I loved it but it was an S I2 and I hated the inclusions!!!

The AVCs blow the RBs away outside-so make sure to take it everywhere before you decide. I hope you have fun playing-you made a great choice.

Kasey how interesting! What was the ct weight of your M AVC?

I hate inclusions as well and an eye visible one will be a deal breaker for me. This stone has a table inclusion that I have been assured is *very* difficult to find even when you know where it is, but I have heard such things in the past about inclusions that jumped out and slapped me in the face ;)) But I'm taking a chance on it. Apparently there is a shipment of warm AVCs coming in soon, so if this is not my stone and I decide the AVC *is*, then I will simple do a switcheroo.

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D|1315010106|3008710 said:

Just wanted to make sure people know I was joking about club hopping :tongue: I have not been to a club in about 5 years! haha

Actually when I read the comment about club hopping I chuckled out loud because I knew exactly what you meant! :) Love the stone...you are a lucky lady! PS - did you keep the ebay find?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
rubyprincess|1315010381|3008713 said:
Dreamer_D|1315010106|3008710 said:

Actually when I read the comment about club hopping I chuckled out loud because I knew exactly what you meant! :) Love the stone...you are a lucky lady! PS - did you keep the ebay find?

Oh yes! I adore that ring and wear it pretty much every day right now since I am home with my son. It is such a wonderful everyday/casual ring, everyone needs a ring like this in their jewelery wardrobe.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a stunning stone :)

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D|1315010256|3008712 said:
Kasey3|1315007970|3008689 said:

Kasey how interesting! What was the ct weight of your M AVC?

I hate inclusions as well and an eye visible one will be a deal breaker for me. This stone has a table inclusion that I have been assured is *very* difficult to find even when you know where it is, but I have heard such things in the past about inclusions that jumped out and slapped me in the face ;)) But I'm taking a chance on it. Apparently there is a shipment of warm AVCs coming in soon, so if this is not my stone and I decide the AVC *is*, then I will simple do a switcheroo.

Hi Dreamer the M was a 4.07 SI2 it had an inclusion off the table which didn't bother at all because i could hardly see it, but there was some really ugly brown stuff that I could see from the side view-it looked like goldfish waste and if it wasn't for that I would still have it. Honestly i was surprised by how much I loved that stone and i got compliments all of the time-I just couldn't let the brown stuff go and I was afraid to show it to anyone at close range-I couldn't live like that!!! The M color never bothered me and i always enjoyed the light show that the AVC supplied. I traded it for an 3.7 M OEC that just happened to roll into GOG and now happily sits on my finger!

I am happy to hear that more warm AVCs are coming because they are soooo beautiful. Have fun playing with the new beauty-you will have a tough decision to make.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kasey how fun that you have been able to enjoy TWO big AV stones! I wonder, did you find the color appearance very different between the AVC and AVR?

And why have you not posted any photos!! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results