shape
carat
color
clarity

I might...

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be honest, this sounds like a slippery slope...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
kama_s|1315018067|3008795 said:
To be honest, this sounds like a slippery slope...

I was waiting until the armchair psychologists would arrive ;))

Diamonds are a hobby for me. If I am not losing money, and in this case I am not, in fact will be pocketing some money, then I don't see the harm. Its just about the fun. I like change. What can I say? I may still keep my RB.

And that's all I am going to say about that ::)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1315019601|3008812 said:
Diamonds are a hobby for me. If I am not losing money, and in this case I am not, in fact will be pocketing some money, then I don't see the harm. Its just about the fun. I like change. What can I say? I may still keep my RB.

I think they're a hobby for most of us! :naughty:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1315019943|3008814 said:

Wouldn't it be nice to have a less expensive hobby Laila? Like... I don't know... knitting?

Although I bet people who are really really into knitting spend a pretty penny on that too. My grandmother used to knit about, oh, 10000 barbie outfits every year!

When do you get your ring Laila? I can't really tell you how excited I am to think of you wearing your ring after the lovely rock sitting alone in your bank vault for so long. Years, right?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exciting-I love the warmer colors in AVC! I can't wait to see pics of it and your thoughts on it vs. the RB!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Ooooohhhhh--You know that I am a total enabler and I love AVCs so I can't wait to see what you think!!!!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Eeeek! :appl: :appl: I'm excited for you! That particular AVC looks quite yummy, too. I'll be totally curious how you like the M color; honestly, I haven't seen any (well cut, properly graded) M cushions IRL- I wonder if it'll show the color more or less than an OEC. I do love the unique aspect to the AVCs. We kind of get inured to their niftiness here on PS I think- it's easy to think, oh, yet another awesomely cut gorgeous chunky cushion. But IRL? Yeah right- unless you go to a PS get together, you'll never see another AVC on someone's hand.

Personally I do love the lower colors- as in *prefer* them- in antique and antique style cuts, I hope it works out that way for you too! In RBs, very generally speaking, I do think a whiter color tends to match the more modern look better. But chunky faceting, a pillowy outline, and a soft antique candlelight shade like M is just the perfect match IMO.

(A slippery slope? Oh man, I think we all slid all the way down to the bottom long ago :devil: it's far too late to worry about *that*!)

Smart to get it set in a temp setting, that'll be a lot easier to compare with.

Have fun :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1315010039|3008709 said:
maplefemme|1315005447|3008671 said:
It's a beauty, Dreamer! I'm totally on board, I LOVE the AVCs and I'm scheming how to get one as my next project :naughty:
Can't wait to see it, how are you going to set it?

It is being sent in a simple four prong tiffany style setting, the cheapest one available. I was going to see it loose to save money in case I send it back, but in that case the stone is a) not covered by my insurance (set it is covered immediately for 30 days) and b) I could not wear it! I felt like both of those things were really important to help me decide about keeping it or not, and so we took the plunge and set it. The setting is non-refundable. It is not my first choice style of setting, in fact I really dislike that styel, but it will be fine until I can figure something out. I have NO idea how I will set it if I keep it! So much will depend on the color and how it looks. I want the stone to look like what it is, no desire to mask its color I want to embrace and complement it. But how that will work I have no clue. I am thinking rose gold might come into play, or yellow gold perhaps. I want something different and unique.

I feel you, I'd do the same, just get a feel for the stone and see what it inspires!
How exciting, Dreamer! :appl:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Dreamer_D|1315020633|3008826 said:
Laila619|1315019943|3008814 said:

Wouldn't it be nice to have a less expensive hobby Laila? Like... I don't know... knitting?

Although I bet people who are really really into knitting spend a pretty penny on that too. My grandmother used to knit about, oh, 10000 barbie outfits every year!

When do you get your ring Laila? I can't really tell you how excited I am to think of you wearing your ring after the lovely rock sitting alone in your bank vault for so long. Years, right?

Hmm. Last time I visited NYC, I may have spent more in Annie's Yarn Store than I did in the Diamond District. Annie's is fabulous! Knitting seems to suck up small to medium sized amounts of money regularly... :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will be interested to see the comparison photos and see what you think!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D|1315015820|3008768 said:
Kasey how fun that you have been able to enjoy TWO big AV stones! I wonder, did you find the color appearance very different between the AVC and AVR?

And why have you not posted any photos!! :bigsmile:

Yes I did notice a difference between the M OEC and AVC. The AVC showed more color-and it was always present. With the OEC it faces up really white and most of the time is a really soft vanilla and sometimes it is a pure M. In both cases though the chunky facets bring a beautiful rainbow of pastels-the AVC always picked up green and blue so most of the time that is what I saw. With the OEC I see mostly vanilla and blue with a little pink and green.

Yes I am a bad PSer as I have not posted pics. I have tried a couple of times to take pics and they look awful. I promise to keep trying tho! I now that Jonothan has some pics of the OEC on his facebook and there is also a video there. Here is the link to its GOG page:

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/8391/

I am saving to reset the OEC so when that happens I will for sure post. Right now it is in the cheapest setting GOG had to offer and she does not look her best! I can't wait to hear what you think of your potential stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results