shape
carat
color
clarity

I met Gene!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe it! I knew Gene moved a few months ago but little did I know that he's moved closer to me.
36.gif
I was interested in a particular gemstone which I won't mention yet because I'm still mulling about it so we met to check it out at the local DD. I also met his lovely wife who is so sweet and wonderful.
As for Gene himself, well, let's say his wife is one lucky lady. Not only does he cut well, he looks great too.
3.gif

I had so much fun and wish I had more time to look through everything he brought but I had a prior commitment. He brought an entire case of gemstones, tools and best of all, rough. Tons of rough in itty bitty plastic bags. There were spinels, tourmalines, indicolites, tsavorites, rubies, Malaya, sapphires and more. I was in gemstone heaven. I should have brought a camera.
37.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Chrono! You''re so lucky!! Wish you would have taken your camera...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene''s photo is on his website - yes, he''s a handsome man! I bet he''ll die of embarassment reading this. I am actually jealous that he got to meet Chrono!!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
How fun for you! I talked to him on the phone today to tell him how much I like my Malaya and enjoyed talking to him. He says he cuts stones to buy more rough. (to keep his hobby going)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 9:55:01 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Gene''s photo is on his website - yes, he''s a handsome man! I bet he''ll die of embarassment reading this. I am actually jealous that he got to meet Chrono!!
Really? I had no idea. My mouse automatically goes for the blog to see what''s new and I skip everything else.
emembarrassed.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 10:01:06 PM
Author: Chrono

Really? I had no idea. My mouse automatically goes for the blog to see what''s new and I skip everything else.
emembarrassed.gif
http://www.precisiongem.com/Main/aboutus.html
31.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I''m jealous, too! That does sound like absolute gemstone heaven. Hmm, if I remember correctly... I think you are not too far from me Chrono (you''re in PA, I want to say?) so maybe he is not far from me now either!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It''s taking forever to down load that page... is everyone trying to see his picture??

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I went to PG site immediately to see Gene''s photo but the site took forever to load - guess too many PSer''s are visiting...
2.gif

Date: 3/14/2009 10:01:06 PM

emembarrassed.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Chrono- I was just thinking... maybe Gene would be willing to help you with some photos of your lovely collection?
31.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Is there ever a GTG in the mid-West? I live in Ohio. It would be great to see everyone''s colored stone goodies.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 10:05:14 PM
Author: icekid
I''m jealous, too! That does sound like absolute gemstone heaven. Hmm, if I remember correctly... I think you are not too far from me Chrono (you''re in PA, I want to say?) so maybe he is not far from me now either!
Yes, I''m in south central PA. The stone I am interested in looked NOTHING like the picture he sent me.
20.gif

Why? Because it was BETTER in person.
However, it''s a good chunk of change so I need some time to play around with it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 10:05:51 PM
Author: mochi
It''s taking forever to down load that page... is everyone trying to see his picture??
Quite possibly. I went to see his picture on his webpage too. Hope it doesn''t crash. He''s really good looking and his wife is no slouch either. They are a wonderful couple. I told her to post here on PS for design ideas. He cuts her stones but she doesn''t wear them because she doesn''t have any idea how to set them.

Now I''m curious about how Jeff, Barry, Dan and the others look...
11.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 10:07:41 PM
Author: icekid
Chrono- I was just thinking... maybe Gene would be willing to help you with some photos of your lovely collection?
31.gif
Ooh, you are a naughty girl. I think he''s got his hands already full cutting for us ladies here.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 10:08:10 PM
Author: Cind11
Is there ever a GTG in the mid-West? I live in Ohio. It would be great to see everyone''s colored stone goodies.
I have no idea. The Hangout would be a good place to see how many PSers are in the mid-West and decide if a GTG could be pulled together.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 10:13:33 PM
Date: 3/14/2009 10:05:51 PM
Author: mochi
It's taking forever to down load that page... is everyone trying to see his picture??
Quite possibly. I went to see his picture on his webpage too. Hope it doesn't crash. He's really good looking and his wife is no slouch either. They are a wonderful couple. I told her to post here on PS for design ideas. He cuts her stones but she doesn't wear them because she doesn't have any idea how to set them.

Now I'm curious about how Jeff, Barry, Dan and the others look...
11.gif
Barry's pic is on the front page of ACS Link
As for Jeff...no idea.
And I've seen Dan's wife's arm (long story) but nothing else.

Now you've got me curious.
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke,
That''s right! I guess it replaced Barbara''s picture.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quite possibly. I went to see his picture on his webpage too. Hope it doesn''t crash. He''s really good looking and his wife is no slouch either. They are a wonderful couple. I told her to post here on PS for design ideas. He cuts her stones but she doesn''t wear them because she doesn''t have any idea how to set them.

11.gif
Are you kidding? She''s stunning.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 11:15:03 PM
Author: Harriet

11.gif
Are you kidding? She''s stunning.
They both look so young too! She''s so bubbly and a joy to talk to, not to mention good looking herself.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know how old Gene is but I was very very surprised at his wife''s age.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 11:22:24 PM
Author: Harriet
I don''t know how old Gene is but I was very very surprised at his wife''s age.
And I was floored by his age, which I won''t share in a public forum out of courtesy.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
I think there''s a flutter in the nunnery
31.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 10:08:10 PM
Author: Cind11
I have not heard of one here....I live in Ohio too! Chrono how wonderful that you got to meet Gene. That could be dangerous too!!
11.gif
9.gif

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, he looks a lot like my husband! Maybe they are long lost twins. Maybe I''ll get a family discount
emteeth.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2009 12:03:51 PM
Author: BizouMom
OMG, he looks a lot like my husband! Maybe they are long lost twins. Maybe I''ll get a family discount
emteeth.gif
Well my husband USED to look like Gene, about 20 years ago! Ha!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results