shape
carat
color
clarity

I may buy tomorrow. Is this a good deal? (1.09 round)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Please say yes

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. I have been lurking on this board for a long time, but this is my first post. I have been looking for a diamond for about 3-4 months now, but I keep putting it off because I have been researching/learning more and more about them. I originally wanted to get engaged over thanksgiving weekend, but not being able to decide on a diamond prevented that.

I would like a 1.0-1.1 carat that is eye clean for less than 4500. A tough task...I know. I found the following diamond and wanted so see what everybody thought. I am leaning towards buying it, but I want to make sure that it will be eye clean and will look white in a 4 prong platinum tiffany setting.

Round
6.62 x 6.67 x 4.08mm
1.09 carat
Depth 61.4%
Table 56%
Girdle, Medium/Faceted
Cutlet None
Polish, EX
Symmetry, EX
Clarity, SI1
Color Grade, H
Fluorescence, NONE

Comments: Twinning wisps are not shown, Surface graining is not shown

Crown, 34.8
Pavilion, 40.9

HCA score was a 1.7

What do you think? I may have this diamond sent tomorrow, but I would like to hear from the experts first. (big purchase for me, price is just under $4500)

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Sounds GREAT!
love.gif
Price is in line as well. If it is indeed 100% eye clean, you may have found yourself a WINNER!
2.gif
H color shouldn't be a problem in plat in such a well CUT diamond.
1.gif

Please say yes

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help.
1.gif
The jeweler will let me have the stone appraised first so I will be able to make 100% sure the stone is indeed eye clean, but if I do that I can not have the setting sized by them until I actually approve/pay for the diamond and have it sent back to get sized and set.

Another option is to just pay for the ring and setting and then if the appraisal does not go well I can return it within their 10 day return policy. A third option would be to buy the diamond from that jeweler and then get the setting locally.

Has anyone had a similar dilemma? What did you choose or which would you recommend to me?

Thanks!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Some of the online vendors will send your stone to an appraiser before you pay for it. I've heard that there's a short turn around time for that.

Once the stone is returned to the vendor, if the appraisal checks out and you want the stone, you can pay for it and have the vendor set the diamond and ship the ring off to you.

It's better to have a diamond appraised when it's loose, but experienced appraisers can work around the setting, so if you HAVE to go with option 2 it's "doable", but probably not preferable.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
check this thread for info on appraisals.

Please say yes

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help! I wrote my appraiser and the jeweler to see if we could get an appraisal set up before I make the final purchase. Hopefully everything will work out.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Can I ask where you found this stone?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like it could be very beautiful! Nice numbers and great price. The H should be no problem in a plat setting due to the well-cut nature--supposed to face up whiter.
1.gif
One of my stones is an H and it looks plenty white to me!
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Can *you* eyeball it also before it's set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results