shape
carat
color
clarity

I`m now have my first well cut diamond thanks to PS!

Chloegal

Rough_Rock
Hi, after much deliberation and excitment I took the plunge and purchased my first GIA triple excellent certified diamond. The proportions seem to pass all the other tests around here too! I was so nervous to trust my eyes so I put the numbers through all the online free tests etc. I had bought the ideal scope too but as a tool I probably needed more experience to really understand what to look for.

I`m nervous to get it set because I like all the settings here but am super nervous to send my new diamond off to the US! Plus I am enjoying the research involved in looking into new settings.

The choosing of the specs was hard for me because by nature I`m a bit greedy and found it hard to go down here, up there, but down here etc lol.

I was always looking in the S1 or S2 range but excellent cut and eye clean. I suppose that tells a lot about me and my preferences from the outset.However, perhaps if I would have been shown higher clarity I would have found it hard to go down there after, but that`s where I started out.

At first I was pretty set on a 2.5 carat Si1 F color.

But then I was shown a 3 carat Si2 G color! Now, they weren`t the same price, so it wasn`t as simple as bigger for same money! The 3 carat was still a jump in price even though the color and clarity were lower.

To my eyes all the stones were eye clean and my eyesight is good.

So, after much deliberation and sort of thinking that once I set it by itself the G would not look that much different to the F , and that I do like size, and that the Aust dollar was going down, I went for the 3 carat which took me out of my budget in a major way.Thus for me I was truely at a place where nothing more could give, I wouldn`t have wanted to go any lower in cut color clarity or size, and my budget was 100% maxed out. So I was satisfied that this diamond was perfect for me (at this point in time hehe).

IMG_2833.jpg

Chloegal

Rough_Rock
And sorry for the miserable photo. But it really is a beautiful lively amazing stone. :love:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
3 carat? :o

You lucky thing!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Get that baby set!!!! :bigsmile:

More pictures please!!!!

:wavey:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky you - that's a beautiful 3 ct stone... but we definitely need to see more bling shots - can you post more? and the details???

where are you shipping from (outside of the US, I mean?) I've shipped using Canada Post and its been fine - insured/ tracked/ registered/ signed for.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Do you have any ideas the style setting you are wanting for that puppy??

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, 3ct G GIA XXX, it must look amazing in person, congrats!!! Need more pics and stats, please. I can't wait to see it set. :appl:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!

Chloegal

Rough_Rock
Thanks Susimoo, Enerchi, Orbaya H&As Girl and Army wife :wavey:

Thanks for taking the time to give me a high five!

I have been oogling and admiring the rings and stories here for a long time! It`s amazing that if you read and follow the photos here for long enough, you do see trends come and go. Even with the favourite designers of the moment!

Now for many years including up till now, my top wish would have been for a glittering halo masterpiece!

However, due to the amazing indepth accounts and analysis that I have been lucky enough to have read here, I am now almost certain that I couldn`t organise a US designed and manufactured ring from Oz. There are too many variables angles and dimentions involved plus I wouldnt be certain of what it even looks like on my hand.

So now Im thinking of something simpler but still with bling on the shank?

The concept of a halo suddenly seems fraught with difficulties and wrong results that dont flow etc.

The other thing on my mind is family politics and I dont want to cause more of the green (tea) monsters than I need to. Things like inlaws and others who will be very dissapproving at this purchase. My family are very against diamonds and just dont `believe` in them. :oops:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. It looks amazing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results