shape
carat
color
clarity

I lucked out on this one...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bought this Raymond Weil Don Giovanni in September. Somehow the case got scratched quite badly. Maybe from one of my winders hitting a shelf backet inside my safe. I sent it back for a case refinish, which they did for free, wanting only $15 for shipping.

But when I got it back, it did not work. The movement would not wind properly and I had to send it back again to the auth service center in NYC.

They received it yesterday. Today they called me and said they were giving me a new movement and I''d have it maybe Friday, or else Monday.

I publicly thank Seville Watch Corp of NYC for their prompt and curteous service!

RW3.jpg

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You can see from the photo that the watch is very large. You can also see from the movement, visible from the back, the scale of the case.

The strap shown is not the proper width (28mm-try and find one in a long size).

I did eventually get a "long" from RW...

RWBack2.jpg

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
And here it is with the official 28mm strap.

RWStrap1.jpg

pinkangel

Rough_Rock
My gosh, that's a nice watch!

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here's a good shot of the movement of a Rolex Explorer. It's not my photo, however. I can't do this well...

I owned an Explorer for a while but traded it for a Panerai. The Explorer at 36mm was too small. The Panerai at 44mm is not.

Exp-5.jpg

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here's the Panerai.

pam_111_3.jpg

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
And a splendid photo (not mine) of the manual wind movement. It's a modified Unitas (no relation to Johnny) 6497 with autonomy of ~56 hours instead of the usual ~40. It's a watch of great beauty and a joy to behold. It is also rather large and heavy, which contributes to its appeal, at least among watch lovers.

pam_118_2.jpg

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
Rodentman:

Love the avatar of Looie sucking the Budweiser through the straw. Has he been staying relatively sober? I got my Bentley back today from the guy in San Francisco that is the local authorized Breitling repair facility, he said he put a new rotor in it. I strapped it on and took off the Super Avenger to have the same thing done. He is not seeing an increase in repairs to new Breitlings, thinks it was just the luck of the draw. Lucky me! It's nice to have a repair facility near enough to drive your watches in for repair, rather than having to ship them off.

He had a digital device that he strapped the SA into and got a read out that I didn’t understand, and he doesn’t speak English well enough to engage him in conversation about the device. He did say that everything looked OK, that it was showing ± one second per day, which is one of the better ones he’s seen. What are such devices called? Don’t you think Looie needs one?
wavey.gif

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Hi fellas. Thanks for the roadmap Cohiba. I am glad I found y'all. RM that is great that they were so nice about fixing the Raymond Weil. I will keep that in mind. Maybe you could cover the brackets in the safe with some cloth. That is what we do with the gun safe.

Cohiba I sure hope you didn't get a lemon. That would be one really expensive lemonaid. Is it covered? I guess it would be. Did you end up getting the package and splitting it with mates or did you go the one watch only? It is good you have a guy so close to handle your issues.

Meanwhile my Rolex is now overdue by 4 days and has not even been sent yet as they are STILL awaiting the custom black MOP dial. I am getting antsy but they have been prompt and courteous in replying to all my querries. I guess it is nowhere close to the time that you waited on the Glashutte Rodie, but for my first time out I am getting kind of anxious, especially considering that they have had the full cash price in hand for over thirty days. I am trying to be patient and consider that the watch is a complete custom job and exactly what we three decided would be best for me but gee whiz I will feel much better when I have some confirmation that it is complete.

Just wanted to know too... the bracelet is six and a quarter, how large is the ladies face? Around my wrist measures very snugly at 6 and a quarter so I guess I am looking at having some links removed huh?

Also, what next for me? hee hee. This time we are thinking understated and demure. Something classic with a black leather strap would be nice. Also, I like the Breitling ladies model that has dual time zone capabilities with two faces one on the side. Did anybody ever figure out what that was called? I lost the info I had saved on it. But, that may be number three...

Okay this was just a quick break for me so I have to get back to it. Just putting my head in to say Hi and see whats up. I still have one of my twice yearly headaches and will be occupied until tommorrow close of business!

BTW did you hear that Parliment is talking about the FTA between Australia and US? hhmmmm....

Anyway, save some for me. I look forward to unwinding with y'all tomorrow evening my time.

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
Beth, how about a picture of the watch? Can't you give us a file picture while you are awaiting delivery? Black MOP is worth waiting for, it's stunning, you'll have to beat the 'roos off when they see that watch!

I notice you haven't got an avatar yet, how about a picture of the Rolex as your avatar? Or, here's a great idea, how about a picture of you turning one of your famous cartwheels when you get the watch, that would make a great avatar. OK, slacks on is acceptable, we won't hold you to the dress.

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
>>OK, slacks on is acceptable, we won't hold you to the dress.<<

But what about pants; are they different than slacks?

I have arranged the winders with blocks of wood restricting their positions so they cannot have a watch hit the side of the safe. I am getting ready to order another winder. I know the source (http://www.watchwinders.com) will have a spring sale. Maybe 50% off. They usually do.

I am still awaiting my Chronoswiss Regulateur to be returned from Gemany. I really miss that one.

I wish there were more black MOP dials available...I have a white MOP Breitling Chronomat in gold and SS.

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
Rodentman:

I think I use to know the difference, but don't remember anymore. I've got an idea, when Looie goes down to the saloon, lend him your IWC and digital camera, the IWC will impress all the girls and he can ask them what they are wearing, and then take pictures of one in a dress, another in slacks, and yet another in pants. When he returns home you can download the pictures and post them so we all know the difference. Inquiring minds want to know.

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Looie says he doesn't want to press his luck on PS.

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
Rodentman:

Let Looie get a couple of beers in his cute little tummy and he'll do most anything. Come to think about it, when I buy a suit I get "pants"; in fact, I can remember when haberdashers advertised "Two Pant Suits". When I buy a sport coat I buy "slacks" to go with it. Sometimes I've been know to wear the "pants" from a suit with a sport coat, does that mean that my "pants" have morphed into “slacks”? And then when I wear them with the suit again, do they morph back into "pants"? I suspect women have a different definition than we do, of course Looie knows more about women than we do. I wonder what Looie has that we don’t?

Beth

Shiny_Rock
And trousers?

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2004/02/08/340755-ap.html

Beth

Shiny_Rock
When I paste the link in it doesn't work - page unable to be located. boo hoo.
sad.gif

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
Beth:

I tried copying and pasting from the forum and it works for me. Try again, it's an interesting recent story about a new trend for men to wear skirts, in New York no less.

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Hmm. Don't know about that fashion trend unless it is a kilt and you have a dirk at your side.

Anybody have watch news? What should I do about the Rolex, I am still waiting and the 30 days are up. I think I will email them again. I am getting anxious to have it on my wrist or at least in hand.

Happy Valentines Day
love.gif
. Love, Beth

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
Beth:
Im turning Immelmanns for all you gals for Valantine's Day.

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Between you and Rodie I am going to wear out the dictionary. Okay wait a minute...not a word in the Oxford... making this tough aren't you...hangon for an online check heh heh I had a feeling that was pilot lingo

http://142.26.194.131/aerodynamics1/Lift/Immelmann.html

twirl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
twirl.gif

On behalf of what Rodie would call the female species of woman I will say that we are truly honored.

Immelmann Turn
The Immelmann is the ultimate minimum radius turn, it requires no radius at all.
It is however highly aerobatic and therefore not an option for most aircraft.
read.gif

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
Beth:

Stunt flying is a lot of fun, I did it for a couple of years until I cracked one up.

Animation Storm II.gif

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
Happy Valentine's Day, I am going to bed, it's late in the states.

Animation Fractile III.gif

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
Happy Valentine's Day, I am going to bed, it's late in the states.

picture.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results