shape
carat
color
clarity

I love this ring!!! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mortepa

Rough_Rock
Thanks to Good Old Gold and especially Jonathan for helping me select a great stone! I had this setting custom ordered from TQ Diamonds in Madison, WI. This ring is truly stunning! I cannot believe it is a K. Actually, the appraiser bumped it up to J! I love how this turned out. :)

Size 1.014 carat GIA H&A
Color - K
Clarity - VS2
Polish & Symmetry - EX
Brilliance scope tests - VH, VH, VH
ISEE2 - 9.8+
HCA Score - 1.3

Good old Gold Link to stone

Thanks for letting me share this special ring that I will be presenting to my future wife! I really researched a lot into getting a diamond, including lurking here for a looooong time! I never thought I would enjoy it this much!

- Paul

Here are some photos. I will try to get a couple better shots later in the week, when she is away. haha Sneaky! :)

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

2.jpg

just-ice

Rough_Rock
Paul, your ring is just stunning!This will take her breath away! I agree this place is fantastic! The more I learn the more exciting "the search" becomes!
When are you going to propose??

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
The ring looks awesome. Great choice. Hope everything goes well with the proposal. Lucky Gal.

Nan

diamond_noob

Rough_Rock
Isn't it amazing how a great cut can let you get away with a slightly lower color?!? I love that distraction technique and am putting it to use in my J-colored radiant.

kpebbles

Shiny_Rock
wow! what a sparkler you have there.. i checked out gog's link to your stone and the bscope pics are amazing! i bet it sparkles like mad..
1.gif
i'm sure your soon-to-be fiancee will love it.
2.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
A truly lovely ring!! I love the setting too!

win

PS May she wear it to celebrate w/you in health and love!

hannah

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love the setting
love.gif

mortepa

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I updated my post with better pics now. I have a new respect for people photographing diamonds! It is tougher than you would think! :)

I brought my (her) ring into work today and one woman came to tears! No kidding!!! She said it was the most beautiful ring she had ever seen. Also, one of the guys approached me for advice on where to go for more technical info when buying a diamond. I pointed him right here and to Good Old Gold!

I also must give props to Jason the Goldsmith at TQ Diamonds in Madison, WI. He came in on his day off to complete my ring so I would have it to present to my girl's father when I asked for her hand.

I am not kidding when I say that this has been nothing but a fun experience! Including sharing the end results with you all! I mean hey, if you can't have fun spending thousands of dollars on something sooo beautiful, something is definitely wrong! :)

None of you that post here know me, but I feel like I know most everyone that posts messages here. You are a great bunch! I already know that I am addicted and will probably continue to lurk here and maybe even post once in awhile. Perhaps for a pair of H&A diamond stud earrings for her birthday? Hmmm???
love.gif

Thanks again to all,
- Paul

P.S. - I am planning to propose any day now. I am just waiting for the right moment. The anticipation is killing me! haha

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Great ring - absolutely gorgeous! Wow!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

And we can't wait to hear how the proposal goes!
2.gif

Thanks for sharing,
Lynn

christarose

Rough_Rock
Hi! I had to login just to say how much I love your (future fiancee's) ring! What a gorgeous setting!

Also to ask:
Is it platinum or white gold?
How big are the side diamonds?
You showed your coworkers the ring before you've proposed?!?
6.gif

Just kidding - I can see why you'd want to show off!!
appl.gif

Congrats in advance! Can't wait to see pics on her finger
1.gif

chicago_girl

Rough_Rock
Absolutely stunning! THE perfect ring!
lickout.gif
Congrats!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond, exquisite setting. That is one winning combination. Congrats and best wishes.

Shay

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. Fantastic proposal! I love a little humor in life's special moments. Congratulations to you both.
appl.gif

DiamondLil

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I love that setting!

And the diamond is alright too...
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results