shape
carat
color
clarity

I love the snow because

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get to wear my adorable snow boots, And dress in my warmest clothes and outerwear all cozy despite the cold weather.
I also enjoy being snuggled up and warm and cozy inside when it is freezing and snowy outside. I love walking in the fresh snow and catching flakes on my tongue. And then warming up inside with some hot cocoa. Snow is a treat every now and then.

snowontrees.jpg

I also love that we don't have to shovel it because there are no sidewalks where we live. Woohoo.

What do you love about the snow?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had the most delicious memory.

When Greg and I were at the beginning of our dating relationship we had a lot of snow one day. I couldn't get to work because all transportation had stopped due to the storm. I called Greg and said wanna take a snow day with me? Somehow he managed to get to me and we went to Prospect Park. Greg remembers the snow was all crunchy and it was snowing like crazy but we walked across the big field in Propsect park and then walked around the streets. Then we went to a coffee shop to warm up and had hot chocolate and scones. Yummmm. And we got warm and dried off and spent the day together. What a sweet memory.

Just another reason I like the snow. :love:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was a kid, we used to go out for a walk after a big snow, delighted that our footprints were the only marks in the snow covered street.

Once I started driving, that all changed,
I love it ONLY when I get to look at it from inside my warm house!

And only when I have nowhere to go.
I've spent too many years, when I loved in PA, dreading the snowy roads. Driving in snow is the worst.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just asked Greg why he loves the snow.
It muffles the sound of everything. Making it peaceful and calm and so quiet.
:)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it ONLY when I get to look at it from inside my warm house!
And only when I have no where to go.
I've spent too many years, when I loved in PA, dreading the snowy roads.

I can see why if you had to deal with snow and the treacherous roads often where it would no longer be a treat. Stay safe @stracci2000.

It is quite beautiful from inside where we are safe and warm and comfy and cozy. Watching it come down and coat the world in a beautiful white clean blanket.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pets love it!

I love it as long as it is not dirty, mushy, or iced up and slippery. Or have to clear it off my car, and I don't like to drive on icy roads. :lol-2:

DK :))

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see why if you had to deal with snow and the treacherous roads often where it would no longer be a treat. Stay safe @stracci2000.

Western PA is nothing but hills!!
I always felt like I was risking my life to get to work or school.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pets love it!

I love it as long as it is not dirty, mushy, or iced up and slippery. Or have to clear it off my car, and I don't like to drive on icy roads. :lol-2:

DK :))

Yeah it's clean for less than a day depending where we are lol. In NYC it's clean for an hour. But here it's much nicer and quieter and cleaner for longer so I enjoy it even more. Though I do enjoy a good snow day in Brooklyn!

From 1896. :) I was but a wee girl then. :lol:

snowphotosgrandarmy1896.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha and this photo from a few years ago. Our superintendent had to clear the snow from our block and he let me try it out too. :)

missydrivingthesnowplowblizzard2016.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a heavy snow covering the next day, when the sky is BRIGHT blue! I love the cleanness of it.

I love snowballs in dog fur. They look like big, white pom poms, but they melt and cause no harm. My setters, with their long hair, always get snowball fur!

I love walking when it's snowing before it lands, when it's just coming down - especially with a dog in tow.

I love snow memories - they're all good!

I love the whole 'snuggled up indoors with snow coming down outdoors' feeling.

I love walking out of church and finding it's been snowing while we were inside.

I love trees covered in snow!

And most of all.....

I love it when it melts. :))

Doesn't this first photo remind you of Narnia? This is taken from my back yard.

IMG_2533.jpg

In my front yard.

IMG_2540.JPG

Also in my front yard, this Christmas.

20201217_173551.jpg

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@missy That photo of GAP is awesome! That's what I like to pretend Brooklyn is like on a snowy morning, and for a few precious minutes, it is, until it's quickly all slush and puddles and mysterious drips from scaffolding. You're right, best to just stay indoors! =)2

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All our dogs loved the snow, it was lovely to see them running around and enjoying it.

Bertie had his first taste of snow, and despite not wanting to go out in the rain, he loved it.

F9A21DC7-E5AE-4CDE-9E9F-1A90719DF66D.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy That photo of GAP is awesome! That's what I like to pretend Brooklyn is like on a snowy morning, and for a few precious minutes, it is, until it's quickly all slush and puddles and mysterious drips from scaffolding. You're right, best to just stay indoors! =)2

Thanks! I love that photo too. Reminds me of a gentler, yet in many ways harsher, time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All our dogs loved the snow, it was lovely to see them running around and enjoying it.

Bertie had his first taste of snow, and despite not wanting to go out in the rain, he loved it.

F9A21DC7-E5AE-4CDE-9E9F-1A90719DF66D.jpeg

Aww love seeing them enjoying themselves. Dogs love the snow ❤️ just like children. Heartwarming!

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I love the crisp smell of the air on snowy days and I especially loved seeing my childhood church covered in snow. She looked so pretty in her "Christmas" outfit.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - in the same vein as your lovely memory with Greg....

One winter, when we lived in Westchester Co. in New York, Tim and I decided to go on an evening walk in the snow. We took our beautiful Llewellin English setter, Dapple, with us. Dapple was the best leash walker we've ever had. She was deaf from birth, so she'd always check back with us visually, and on walks she was so polite! She never pulled, always stayed in 'her spot', right at my left heel, and she was a true lady.

This evening, Tim and I decided to walk with Dapple down to the local donut shop and buy some hot donuts. We got there, bought our donuts, and started walking home. We got about half way home, and I needed to rearrange everything I had in my hands - bags of donuts, coffee, leash, poo-pick-up bags, gloves, etcetc. We stopped, and I was handing things to Tim one at a time - bags, gloves, coffee, leash....leash....leash....where's the leash?? I looked down at Dapple, and there she was, right in her spot, looking up at me politely, her lead stretched aaallll the way out behind her in the snow. When I'd come out of the donut shop, I'd completely forgotten to pick up her lead, and she'd walked all the way with us, no lead, right in her spot. That dog was an angel!

Except for the one time she jumped out a window and ran around on the roof while I had no clothes on. But that's a whole other story....

And here's a few photos of my beautiful girl.

And one with my equally beautiful husband.

I'm ready for my close up, Mr Demille....

I see a bug!

And lastly, one of Dapple as a baby. Wasn't she adorable! <3

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I love Dapple :kiss2:

I love the snow. The freshness, the brightness as the sun reflects, the clear blue skies, getting layers on (including 3 pairs of socks inside my snow boots) to walk through the fields, watching the girls having SO much fun & then coming inside for hot chocolate, freezing with bright red hands.

We had a lot of deep snow here that fell from Boxing Day onwards, for over 2 weeks. Then it was frozen solid ice. To get out of my village & to a main road that has been salted, I have 3 lanes to choose from, all around 2 miles long, steep, narrow & pavement less. I always remember joking about the 'fancy' people who lived here when we moved in with their big 4x4 vehicles. I lasted one winter before I was totally jumping on that bandwagon :lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of snow, which melted & thawed a couple of weeks ago, it's currently coming down outside like something out of a Christmas movie! It's come from nowhere as we've had flooding for 2 days & our lanes are currently impassable this evening, and now all this thick snow everywhere within the last hour! :-o

Girls are just going to bed, but are plotting a pre-breakfast, pre-schooling snowball fight.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have a love hate relationship with snow. Truly I could live on the beach or desert--but instead I live in the foothills of the Rockies.

There is much beauty in freshly fallen snow--really a "marshmallow" world. And there nothing like that paired with a bright, clear, blue sky. And seeing white tipped mountains is breathtaking.

What I mostly object to are the cold temps that often accompany snow. Yes, I dress warm but I still am cold. LOL.

cheers--Sharon

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I have so enjoyed reading this thread and hearing all these beautiful memories and moments you all are sharing. Your pictures are gorgeous too- thank you. I love snow because it transforms everything into a magical land, peaceful and quiet. I like the way it makes the light that comes into my house blue in the morning. I love the sparkle of snow, and I especially love the way it looks when ice coats every single tree branch (but I know how dangerous this can be). I love that it brings back very happy memories for me of playing in the snow with my sister and sledding with friends. The Waltz of the Snowflakes is my favorite scene in the Nutcracker. Truly magical. I know it's not real snow, but I love the confetti snow falling on the stage and the dancers twirling through it at top speeds.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I love a heavy snow covering the next day, when the sky is BRIGHT blue! I love the cleanness of it.

I love snowballs in dog fur. They look like big, white pom poms, but they melt and cause no harm. My setters, with their long hair, always get snowball fur!

I love walking when it's snowing before it lands, when it's just coming down - especially with a dog in tow.

I love snow memories - they're all good!

I love the whole 'snuggled up indoors with snow coming down outdoors' feeling.

I love walking out of church and finding it's been snowing while we were inside.

I love trees covered in snow!

And most of all.....

I love it when it melts. :))

Doesn't this first photo remind you of Narnia? This is taken from my back yard.

IMG_2533.jpg All the photos are beautiful, but the first one is pure magic !!!!! It would make a wonderful Christmas card=)2

In my front yard.

IMG_2540.JPG

Also in my front yard, this Christmas.

20201217_173551.jpg

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
A2497796-AB64-4731-A98D-BD0BF91DE28C.jpeg We get cold weather here but it has never snowed below the mountain for ever (over 100 years). We got it this year & FOR A DAY it was lovely! But we didn’t have damage to our house. Plenty did. Our school library had LOTS of damage & was out of action for nearly 8 weeks.
Yes they are daffodils in the snow.... crazy!
My daughter and I went and danced in it at 0030-0130.
Would I like it for ages on end.... no!
I like going to the snow for fires & wine.... I hate skiing....
But I must say our snow day was one of our warmest winters day we had last year when the sun came out. We are just not prepared for it.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm swooning at all the beautiful images of snow (and dogs, and husbands)! Some people are sun/beach/heat people, I'm the complete opposite....which is ironic given that I've lived in CA now for 23 years 8). But I was born and raised in the harsh Midwestern climate and am a cold-weather girl all the way -- snow, fog, overcast skies....give me all of it!

The only thing I dislike about snow/ice is driving in it :lol: . Otherwise it's all about the coziness and "hygge" feel of winter - fluffy sweaters, blankies, roaring fire, fuzzy socks, etc. And the special stillness and *quiet* of snowfall brings me so much peace. You don't know the meaning of total silence until you've stood outside with flurries falling all around you.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The snow is beautiful. It makes me think of skiing. And fires and hot cocoa (with or without) the peppermint schnapps).

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if I like the snow as much as I like winter. It's very peaceful here in the winter. I feed the outdoor birds starting in December and stop in May. This is my favorite part of winter. Under the canopy of a huge pine tree I spread out about 4 pounds of no mess birdseed. I also have 3 suet feeders.

The birds wait in the trees for me. As soon as I come out the door they start calling each other to tell them it's feeding time. I like the sense of community the birds have. The blue jays seem so aggressive with their fierce calls but they are actually generous. They call out to all their neighboring jays to share the food. There may be a hundred birds under the pine tree when it gets very cold.

Then we have the squirrels. They come and surround the base of the tree in a buffalo stance. My husband created a song called "The Ring of Squirrels." He takes out his guitar and sings it to the tune of Johnny Cash's song "Ring of Fire."

Last year I had a juvenile hawk eat bird seed along side the other birds. It was so unbelievable that I grabbed pictures. I think he must have been near starvation to eat bird seed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results