shape
carat
color
clarity

I love supermacro!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
I changed homeowners insurance companies which required me to get a new appraisal for my reset stone to add an additional jewelry policy. I used a local appraiser who did an excellent job. They nailed the value at $500 more than I paid/what it would cost to replace my ring. Bonus is that the new policy is cash value payout, not replacement.

So....I had a clean ring and a new camera I was experimenting with. I now know how everyone gets such great pictures. Its all about the camera.

P9160130.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great photo! Pretty ring.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Poor lighting and just pointing and shooting. I wonder what I will get if I try with a little effort?

P9160133.JPG

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Yay Ponder! I''ve been waiting for more pics of your beautiful ring! Do you have any handshots???

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
How about a foot shot?

P9160152.JPG

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
I will see if I have any new handshots worth posting.

P9160156.JPG

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Adorable pics!!! Love how the ring could fit on two of those little toes! So cute! :) Your ring is unique and quite beautiful!!

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Here is an Ok handshot.

P9160139.JPG

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Marcy and LFVDoll. I think I will try for some outdoor pics tomorrow.

LFV, I can''t wait to see some clearer pics of your new ring. Even in the blurry pics it throws a lot of sparkle! Congrats!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! And such cute foot shots!!
30.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I
30.gif
this ring, and I''m so excited you posted more pics! It is one of my favorites on PS, the design is just stunning. Thanks!
26.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a gorgeous ring! looks great both on baby foot and your finger
9.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring!!!!!!!!!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Love your ring. Missed you around here too!
Who did you use as an appraiser if you don''t mind sharing?
I''d like another appraisal on my ring.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Great ring and pics!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I love the ring... My favorite shot is the baby foot! (So cute!!
9.gif
)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
such a gorgeous ring

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the baby foot pictures! Congrats on the ring AND the baby!

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone for your kind replies.

Bebe, Its good to hear from you. I have been MIA due to obvious reasons, but things are settling down and I actually have time to post and not just lurk.

I used Dixon jewelers in Humble (by Chili''s). I know they are a jewelry store and not strictly an independent appraiser, but they did a good job. My State Farm Agent recommended them as he had other clients use them in the past with satisfactory results. I was ok with using them since they are a well established business and it was only 50 bucks. Also, since this is a cash value policy and not a replacement policy all they needed to do was get the value correct. They did a thorough job, but I am sure it is nothing compared to some of the extensive appraisal services some PSers have recieved. If you are looking for something incredibly detailed and extremely precise I would go elsewhere (ex. color grading was a little off).

I needed an appraisal quickly with as little hassle as possible and they fit the bill.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Bebe,

What did you end up doing with your diamond studs? Recut?

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 6:38:25 PM
Author: ponder
Bebe,

What did you end up doing with your diamond studs? Recut?
No recut yet. Brian thought they were ok, but gosh, I''d love a finer cut and of course, more fire and sparkle :)

Thanks for the apparaiser info. I have heard of them. I did use an appraiser I found listed here on PS. But to be honest,
she seemed not so professional and didn''t know my stone was a cushion - she thought it was a radiant - duh!!!
And she appraised it for way, way more than we paid. I''ll go see Dixon and see what they say. Thanks again for sharing your ring,
it really is a great look and shows your diamond off in a stunning way.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A unique ring. Thanks for the new photos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results