clarity

I LOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE my juicer

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a juicer?
What do you juice?
Which juice blends do you like?

Way back in 1990 I bought this juicer, which they still make today.
I thought it was obscenely expensive (around $200), but now 21 juicy years later I'm so glad I bought such a good one since it still runs like new, smooth, quiet and solid.
Today it lists for $300 but with the Internet you can find it for $199; I can't believe it's still made in America!!!
http://www.waringproducts.com/ret/catalog/product.php?cat_id=2&item_id=19
At the bottom of this screen click on Product Demo and watch the video of the guy using it.

It is solid, heavy and super powerful; it liquifies thick carrots effortlessly like they were butter.
All the important parts are heavy finely-machined and carefully balanced stainless steel.
If you use a paper filters ($15 for 200) clean up is a breeze!
http://www.waringproducts.com/ret/parts/index.php?part_id=163&product_id=18&cat_id=2

If you've never tasted fresh carrot juice you are in for a surprisingly-sweet treat.
It tastes like someone added sugar.
If you've only had it from a store it's NOT the same!!!
It's one of those juices, like freshly-squeezed orange juice, that you must drink immediately when it's at its best.
Even if you juice it fresh and refrigerate it, I think the taste is much worse just an hour later.

kkapers2_2171_8444027.jpeg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
We just got MIL a juicer, but we haven't use it yet.

I have to agree with you on freshly juiced carrot juice. My coworker bought in her juicer for our potluck, and I enjoyed the carrot juice (which I never did before).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, we scored one from a neighbor (Waring Pro, used twice) for $15 a few weeks ago! So far, we've done a lot of carrot/fruit mixes and tomatoes. Good stuff!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I do have a juicer but its one of the first ones that came out so its a total bitch to clean so I never use it :(

When I did use it..I loved to juice apples and carrot juice. So delicious.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love fresh fruit and vegetable juice. I want a juicer but haven't seen great reviews for those I've checked out so far. Also, we have storage issues depending on the height of the machine. I'm going to check out this Waring Pro. Hopefully it's the one for us!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1314487921|3002254 said:
I do have a juicer but its one of the first ones that came out so its a total bitch to clean so I never use it :(

When I did use it..I loved to juice apples and carrot juice. So delicious.

Yeah, when I got mine I didn't know they made paper filters for it so it took forever to clean out all the pulp.
Maybe you could improvise and cut up some coffee filters or paper towels to line the basket ???

Juicing is a fantastic and tasty way to get fresh raw veges and fruits into your diet.
A cup of carrot juice takes around 8 medium sized carrots.
If you ate them, that's a lot of chewing! ;(

No I am not a shill for Octavia, Leibish or for Waring. :D
I just get so excited about cool stuff.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1314487847|3002251 said:
Yup, we scored one from a neighbor (Waring Pro, used twice) for $15 a few weeks ago! So far, we've done a lot of carrot/fruit mixes and tomatoes. Good stuff!

Whoa girl! KILLER Deal! :appl:

Tomatoes? Hmm, I'll have to try that.
I was surprised how deliciously carrot and celery mix.

You know, with my health issue I'm looking to make my diet more healthy so I'm juicing almost daily.

melave

Shiny_Rock
i used to have a juicer, but i moved somewhere where fruit was really expensive so i didn't end up using it

The OH used to look at some of the juices i made with a strange look. The colours weren't always pretty :)

beetroot and orange was a nice one. From memory i tried to juice banana which didn't work out too good :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
melave|1314488542|3002289 said:
The OH used to look at some of the juices i made with a strange look. The colours weren't always pretty :)

Yeah but compare your face after drinking vege juice daily for 40 years to a face that drinks Coke daily for 40 years if you want to see not pretty. ;-)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1314488381|3002280 said:
monarch64|1314487847|3002251 said:

Whoa girl! KILLER Deal! :appl:

Tomatoes? Hmm, I'll have to try that.
I was surprised how deliciously carrot and celery mix.

You know, with my health issue I'm looking to make my diet more healthy so I'm juicing almost daily.

We made some killer bloody mary's with juiced tomatoes. Not as healthy with the vodka, but at least it wasn't a pre-mix full of sodium.

ETA: oh, and we got it from a neighbor whose husband bought it and then decided he didn't want to clean it. It's really easy to clean...I forget which model it is but I think it retails for under $100. $15 was a steal for sure.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I have a tiny one that cost $35 & I LOVE it. Use it mostly for orange juice, what a blessing!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have one but I'm kind of into appliances lately so maybe I should get one! I just ordered a George Foreman grill and my husband is obsessed with it! I also need a new Cuisinart food processor-mine's way too small!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We used to have one. Melon Juice is my favorite. Especially Cantaloupe (called Rock Melon in AU). So good in the summer. Nothing beats it for a refreshing drink.

Now I want to go out and buy a juicer! You guys are such enablers. ;))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1314492508|3002534 said:

I don't mind being an enabler for juicing.
It's like being an enabler for . . . quitting smoking.
Juicing is so healthy and surprisingly delicious.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1314493067|3002566 said:

It is. But I have a tiny kitchen and WAY too many small appliances. I have no idea where I'd store a juicer but I am jonsing for cantaloupe juice now.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1314493175|3002575 said:
kenny|1314493067|3002566 said:

It is. But I have a tiny kitchen and WAY too many small appliances. I have no idea where I'd store a juicer but I am jonsing for cantaloupe juice now.

I totally understand.
We have a tiny kitchen too in our 2 BR 1 bath old house, and I HATE clutter and stupid crap like electric can openers or garlic crushers.
I'm a proponent of a fine chef knife and chopping block in place of a zillion cutsie-wootsie gadgets.

IMHO a juicer is way worth the $$$ and the space.

klop1986

Rough_Rock
There is nothing like new kitchen appliancesds

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results