shape
carat
color
clarity

I looked at another one today....what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcard71

Rough_Rock
AGS TRIPLE "0"
Round Brilliant
SI1
I COLOR
Table: 56%
Depth: 61.5%
Pavilion: 42.9%
Price: $6,098

I forgot to get the crown %...

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Actually if that were truly an AGS triple "0" it'd be a triple ideal cut (polish, symmetry, proportions) AGS "0", a D in color (AGS color grade of "0") and an FL or IF clarity (AGS clarity grade of "0") and that'd be a heckuva steal for a 1ct D IF.
2.gif
ta dum dum

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Is this from the same jeweler as the other stone for the three stone ring?

Also, what Rhino means is that an AGS Triple 0 refers to color, clarity, and cut, but people have started to use it just to refer to cut. "D" is "0" in color according to the AGS, while "I" is "2.5," etc.

Anyway, I think that an I SI1 AGS0 cut diamond is a great way to make cut a priority and to save as much as you can on color and clarity without being noticeably tinted or included. However, $6K is really steep. If you are set on working with this jeweler, I would mention what other I SI1 AGS0's are going for on the internet. I could understand a price difference of a few hundred dollars to get the service and peace of mind of a local store, but 50% more? The H VS2 was a better buy as long as the cut is ok -- bigger size, better color and clarity, and cheaper. Yes, there is a premium for cut, but not that much.

Maybe you could buy the center stone yourself off the net and have this jeweler create the ring and get the side stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results