Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

I LLUUURVVVV Orangy Pink

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,719
I've been looking for an FCD in this hue range, actually stronger hue saturation would be even better. :love:
I wish the clarity was better and the cut was asscher or emerald or round

There is just something about that salmon/apricot color range (like the pads) that really resonates with me.
The color seems to have a really powerful emotional content, not unlike certain fragrances that just take you away.'

I'm almost tempted to get this and do a recut.
Actually less pink and more orange would be ideal.

http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/5098.htm

1.jpg

2.jpg
 

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 20, 2008
Messages
23,268
I love that color too Kenny. I saw one like that in person around 20 carats if I remember correctly. It was love at first sight. I think putting aside all the issues with the cutting, clarity, etc. . . it sure is a very rare and pretty color.
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,719
TL|1305662246|2924162 said:
I love that color too Kenny. I saw one like that in person around 20 carats if I remember correctly. It was love at first sight. I think putting aside all the issues with the cutting, clarity, etc. . . it sure is a very rare and pretty color.
A 20 ct (not 20 pt) apricot/salmon FCD?
How did you survive?
Did you buy it?
If so would you marry me?
 

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 20, 2008
Messages
23,268
kenny|1305662387|2924163 said:
TL|1305662246|2924162 said:
I love that color too Kenny. I saw one like that in person around 20 carats if I remember correctly. It was love at first sight. I think putting aside all the issues with the cutting, clarity, etc. . . it sure is a very rare and pretty color.
A 20 ct (not 20 pt) apricot/salmon FCD?
How did you survive?
Did you buy it?
If so would you marry me?
It was on display in a very armed glass case with a guard at a museum. It was described as an orangy pink diamond and it was an enormous radiant cut in a ring. Droooool!! It literally glowed, it was so beautiful.

The Tiffany diamond was also on display, and I thought "meh!" next to this one.

Most of these have way too much brown in them, but when you find ones that are a pure orangy pink (no brown), that's rare.
 

LD

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
9,682
kenny|1305662387|2924163 said:
TL|1305662246|2924162 said:
I love that color too Kenny. I saw one like that in person around 20 carats if I remember correctly. It was love at first sight. I think putting aside all the issues with the cutting, clarity, etc. . . it sure is a very rare and pretty color.
A 20 ct (not 20 pt) apricot/salmon FCD?
How did you survive?
Did you buy it?
If so would you marry me?
Excuse me Kenny but I do recall that you proposed to me? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that you, me and TL could live happily in FCD land but a girl does like to believe she's the only one! :lol:

I too love the colour of this one. However, would you seriously recut since it's .16ct already? You'd almost definitely lose weight and to get a cut that you'd be happy with, that little baby will need a serious amount of remodelling. I actually love her quirkiness and would get her just for colour lusting rather than wondrous cutting moments!
 

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Sep 27, 2009
Messages
1,142
I like its quirkiness as well, there is a little bit of a pudge to it that I like, it seems to go with the color.
 

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
1,934
I would do so many illegal things to be able to own that diamond. I like her the way she is funky cut, fluffy bottom and all. :love: :love: :love:
 

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 22, 2004
Messages
37,494
Just set it and maybe you won't notice the window? :naughty: I dread to think of how much smaller it'll be after a recut, plus there's the initial price to consider as well.
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,719
Someone please stop me.
I'm about to buy this guy with horrendous cut and clarity.
This SOOOOOO goes against my clarity and cut snobbery.

I hear real FCD collectors grab the unique colors and often disregard clarity and cut if the color is rare and extraordinary.
For a real collector the 4Cs are: COLOR, COLOR, COLOR, and COLOR.

While this color is really beguiling, still, I'm getting the shakes here pulling the trigger on what may be an I1, or worse.
While I trust Leibish's GG, its clarity grade is not from GIA.
I'm sure with that clarity it would be at risk when being set so I'd think that lowers its value if I ever wanted to sell it since only a collector wants unsetable stones.
Characteristics that further limit an already-tiny pool of buyers is never a good thing.

Have you ever compromised on some specs you hold dear to get one really extraordinary and rare color?
 

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 20, 2008
Messages
23,268
kenny|1305744289|2924953 said:
Someone please stop me.
I'm about to buy this guy with horrendous cut and clarity.
This SOOOOOO goes against my clarity and cut snobbery.

I hear real FCD collectors grab the unique colors and often disregard clarity and cut if the color is rare and extraordinary.
For a real collector the 4Cs are: COLOR, COLOR, COLOR, and COLOR.

While this color is really beguiling, still, I'm getting the shakes here pulling the trigger on what may be an I1, or worse.
While I trust Leibish's GG, its clarity grade is not from GIA.
I'm sure with that clarity it would be at risk when being set so I'd think that lowers its value if I ever wanted to sell it since only a collector wants unsetable stones.
Characteristics that further limit an already-tiny pool of buyers is never a good thing.

Have you ever compromised on some specs you hold dear to get one really extraordinary and rare color?
Well, Leibish has a good return policy so take a look at it. It's not inexpensive, but it certainly isn't as expensive as some of the stones you've been considering, which are even smaller than this one. I can't talk you out of it because for me FCD's are not about cut at all, but color color color.
 

LD

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
9,682
kenny|1305744289|2924953 said:
Someone please stop me.
I'm about to buy this guy with horrendous cut and clarity.
This SOOOOOO goes against my clarity and cut snobbery.

I hear real FCD collectors grab the unique colors and often disregard clarity and cut if the color is rare and extraordinary.
For a real collector the 4Cs are: COLOR, COLOR, COLOR, and COLOR.


While this color is really beguiling, still, I'm getting the shakes here pulling the trigger on what may be an I1, or worse.
While I trust Leibish's GG, its clarity grade is not from GIA.
I'm sure with that clarity it would be at risk when being set so I'd think that lowers its value if I ever wanted to sell it since only a collector wants unsetable stones.
Characteristics that further limit an already-tiny pool of buyers is never a good thing.

Have you ever compromised on some specs you hold dear to get one really extraordinary and rare color?
Absolutely agree with this statement. I compromise on cut and clarity but NEVER EVER colour.

The fact that you're even considering it means to me that you may be coming over to the dark side and joining the colour snob club!

Get it and see how you feel. You can always send it back unharmed.
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,719
Ah Phooey!
You guys are no help. :angryfire: :wink2: :bigsmile:

What will the neighbors think if I buy a windowed I1 diamond. ;(
How will I face PS? ;(
 

LD

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
9,682
In our capacity as your joint wives, TL and I will make sure it remains within our possession and the neighbours need never know! :Up_to_something:

We can also keep it a secret from the cut fiends in the Rocky Talk section. :wink2: You're amongst friends in the coloured stone section. Have no fear.
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,719
LovingDiamonds|1305755128|2925141 said:
kenny|1305754965|2925140 said:
You guys are no help. :angryfire: :wink2:

What will the neighbors think if I buy a windowed I1 diamond. ;(
In our capacity as your joint wives, TL and I will make sure it remains within our possession and the neighbours need never know! :Up_to_something:

Uh Oh . . . . wife stuff :-o . . . where is that running-away simley?
 

LD

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
9,682
kenny|1305755203|2925143 said:
LovingDiamonds|1305755128|2925141 said:
kenny|1305754965|2925140 said:
You guys are no help. :angryfire: :wink2:

What will the neighbors think if I buy a windowed I1 diamond. ;(
In our capacity as your joint wives, TL and I will make sure it remains within our possession and the neighbours need never know! :Up_to_something:

Uh Oh . . . . Wife stuff . . .
. . . where is that running-away simley?
..... looking for the instant divorce smiley :naughty: :lol:
 

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 20, 2008
Messages
23,268
LovingDiamonds|1305755367|2925147 said:
kenny|1305755203|2925143 said:
LovingDiamonds|1305755128|2925141 said:
kenny|1305754965|2925140 said:
You guys are no help. :angryfire: :wink2:

What will the neighbors think if I buy a windowed I1 diamond. ;(
In our capacity as your joint wives, TL and I will make sure it remains within our possession and the neighbours need never know! :Up_to_something:

Uh Oh . . . . Wife stuff . . .
. . . where is that running-away simley?
..... looking for the instant divorce smiley :naughty: :lol:
Please, one husband is enough for me!! However, Kenny if you know how to properly do laundry, you would make my day!
 

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 20, 2008
Messages
23,268
kenny|1305754965|2925140 said:
How will I face PS? ;(
How many people on PS own a fancy intense orange pink diamond? :naughty:
 

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
7,289
Kenny, you're not going to get any help from me either.

dood, thats some pretty arse color on that there rock! :love: Besides, you know you want to take a look at it. :bigsmile:


-A
 

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
20,775
Oh wow. I hear ya'. Just photos of that colour are getting me hot and bothered... and what a fabulous addition to your collection!


RTers and CSers on the same page - Kenny, it's obviously a lost cause :bigsmile: :appl:
 

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
2,218
You need to pull the trigger. If you get beat down to much next door you can always come back here and get nothing but ohh's and ahh's from us color junkies. Color looks so delicate. Like it could float away if the breeze was to strong or you handled it to roughly
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,719
I've been up to something . . .




I tried to resist but I couldn't help it.
This little slice of a sunrise sky will be here in around a week.

Fancy Intense Orangy Pink Diamond Sold..png

sneaky.jpg
 

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
22,097
Cant wait to see some of your famous pictures Kenny!
 

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
606
Well... you certainly have been busy! Yippee! :appl:

Red AND orangy pink. Where's the seething with jealousy smiley?
 

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 22, 2004
Messages
37,494
No beating from this quarter; I'm all about colour and for the rarity, size and etc, I can easily forgive the clarity and window.
 

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Apr 12, 2011
Messages
585
OMG Congrats Kenny! She reminds me of a very drunk and very pretty sunset I once saw in Key West =)
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    A 1.7ct Upgrade For A 17th Anniversary
    A 1.7ct Upgrade For A 17th Anniversary
    A Classic Solitaire
    A Classic Solitaire
    August Birthstones: Peridot And Sardonyx
    August Birthstones: Peridot And Sardonyx

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top