shape
carat
color
clarity

I like bad cuts and I cannot lie

Thparkle

Rough_Rock
I have been shopping for a big ass cushion 4+ carats and the one i have has a large chunky window (gasp), and I kinda like it the more I look at it.. If this was a small stone I would hate a window.

Is something wrong with me?

I see other people on here with lgd honkers that are not perfect either. Is that a thing?

My amazing jeweler is trying to talk me out of it. The really brilliant cut cushions lack romance or something.

Thparkle

Rough_Rock
You would have been right at home durring Victorians times
they found being able to see the skin through the window erotic

I love a big table
but i know somehow that is very wrong

We are naughty. There should be a disgraced forum for types like us.
:lol-2:
But thats a lovelly ring
i bet it gets a million compliments

I havent decided if I am keeping it yet. But yes... it shows skin. Especially when its....dirty.:twisted2:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
If you love it, then that is all that matters.
Nothing wrong with you, at all.
Besides, it looks amazing in your photo!

Oh, and great thread title!
That song will be stuck in my head for the next few hours.

leespoons-mixalot.gif

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
I often love 'bad' cut diamonds! This is one of my favorite diamonds ever and I'm not a colorless diamond person.
And with naturally colored diamonds, each 0.01ct can be so expensive that shallow with a big face up, at the expense of excellent light return, can be a preference.
OnPaste.20220303-152511.png

Thparkle

Rough_Rock
I often love 'bad' cut diamonds! This is one of my favorite diamonds ever and I'm not a colorless diamond person.
And with naturally colored diamonds, each 0.01ct can be so expensive that shallow with a big face up, at the expense of excellent light return, can be a preference.
OnPaste.20220303-152511.png

It looks like water! Those are perfect facets for a magical water stone

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like MRBs and prefer old cuts especially OECs, and the ones I am eyeing on Ivy and Rose are all slightly wonky.

I believe it is part of old cuts' charm for them not to be 100% symmetrical.

DK :))

Thparkle

Rough_Rock
I don't like MRBs and prefer old cuts especially OECs, and the ones I am eyeing on Ivy and Rose are all slightly wonky.

I believe it is part of old cuts' charm for them not to be 100% symmetrical.

DK :))

Understood. Know that Ilya's stone's and pieces are mostly not actual vintage but reproductions. He has good pricing.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There’s bad cuts and then there’s charming cuts :)

Understood. Know that Ilya's stone's and pieces are mostly not actual vintage but reproductions. He has good pricing.

Their settings are well labeled as to what’s repro and what’s vintage/antique tho right?
I’ve not looked there in a while - but you are also saying the loose antique diamonds they have there are mostly repros?

Thparkle

Rough_Rock
I have followed them for over 15 years and i am sure they have some true vintage pieces but on sites like ebay the reproductions listed as vintage were actually brand new and they make reproductions. So there is no way for me to tell but I can tell you there was a time when everything they had was repro and listed accordingly.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
So funny - I’m like that with diamonds as well. I hate windows in coloured stones but I love lower colour, unusual and really spready cuts in diamonds.

This one is super shallow and I think and L or M, but I adore it. It’s going to be made into a stick pin when I find a shield or kite for the bottom “bung”.

A2049B8A-911E-44A1-A718-88289C70268D.jpeg

Attachments

• 3569AD48-B8A8-4472-B1B5-6F1A3BBC06F0.jpeg
    3569AD48-B8A8-4472-B1B5-6F1A3BBC06F0.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 24188E68-29A5-4D10-BBAB-F64E7479EEBA.jpeg
    24188E68-29A5-4D10-BBAB-F64E7479EEBA.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 7

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Your preferences are just that---yours. There is nothing wrong with liking gemstones others consider to be imperfect.

I've found that sometimes there's just so much, idk...sameness with some gemstones/types of jewelry. After seeing too much of said sameness, I tend to prefer something different.

Plus, wonky gems need love, too. :D ;-)

Thparkle

Rough_Rock
So funny - I’m like that with diamonds as well. I hate windows in coloured stones but I love lower colour, unusual and really spready cuts in diamonds.

This one is super shallow and I think and L or M, but I adore it. It’s going to be made into a stick pin when I find a shield or kite for the bottom “bung”.

A2049B8A-911E-44A1-A718-88289C70268D.jpeg

Im the same with colored stones. I cannot stand windows. But with diamonds i feel something unique is special because diamonds are not as rare as quality ruby and sapphire and need charm. That is a fun project you have there

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I can understand where the super-ideal lovers striving for perfection come from, and I'm glad I picked one MRB with great stats because it ended up being a fireball!

But usually I just want something that looks good to me and I love when things are a little wonky but still gorgeous, especially when it's antique/vintage or something unique! I think there's more wiggle room with diamonds in a lot of cases, because a strange cut/windowing in colored stones doesn't always look pleasing.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never knew until recently that pastel colored stones were considered lower quality than saturated gems. I like ‘’em light.

I was so excited to read that too. I prefer light colored stones. TG something I like is less expensive.

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
I am upgrading (IMHO) to a 2ct. cushion K-SI2 for my e-ring (the clarity is because there is a teeny-tiny cavity near the girdle that will be covered by a prong in the new setting.) The shape and warmth of this stone is, to me, gorgeous. I can't wait to wear her!

Remember, a stone should bring you joy... each one is as unique as each of us.
Celebrate finding and wearing your special stone!
GIA - 2 ct Cushion K-SI2.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am upgrading (IMHO) to a 2ct. cushion K-SI2 for my e-ring (the clarity is because there is a teeny-tiny cavity near the girdle that will be covered by a prong in the new setting.) The shape and warmth of this stone is, to me, gorgeous. I can't wait to wear her!

Remember, a stone should bring you joy... each one is as unique as each of us.
Celebrate finding and wearing your special stone!
GIA - 2 ct Cushion K-SI2.jpg

Very pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results