shape
carat
color
clarity

I know zip about rough diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Regenald

Rough_Rock
Can someone tell me what the latest legislation is regarding the buying and selling of rough/uncut diamonds?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The Kimberley process is now legislated into most countries so you need a certificate of origin with any rough to ensure they are not blood diamonds.
Contact your customs agent.
But if you know nothing, why not just send the money to me and I will spend it for you and tell you what a good time I had with it :)

At least you will get something for your money.

billyboy

Rough_Rock
I also have questions. If I know where the diamond come from, but I have no certificate for it, can I go to my customs agent, and then he will give me a certificate? Im trying to figure this out. Is there a place where it is illegal to have diamonds from? Is it illegal to bring uncut diamonds into the USA?
Thanks, Billy

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
They must have a certificate from their country of origin.

There are about 50 or so countries that mine or legitimately trade in diamonds and they can produce the cert.

Countries like Liberia who do not mine diamonds but do run smuggling operations for nasty people in their neighbouring countries can not produce certificates and are sanctioned against dealing in diamonds by the UN.

billyboy

Rough_Rock
I believe the country it came from is swaziland, but I can get the diamond in south africa. I do not believe it has a certificate. Can I ask swaziland for a certificate? I dont think they would just give me one would they? Thanks
Billy

billyboy

Rough_Rock
it seems to me that it is illegal to purchase the diamond. I appreciate your help. The person selling it told me it was legal, but obviously he was lying. I will NOT purchase the diamond now, and thanks for your help guys.

wanderlost

Shiny_Rock
what about:

www.diamondrough.com ?

I realize this is mainly for industrial purposes, however, would these not qualify for roughs (and some gem quality roughs) offered legitimately on the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results