shape
carat
color
clarity

I know it''s not Friday, but-Tiffany and Co?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NCNSD

Rough_Rock
Having read posts here, I wouldn''t go NEAR Shane Co, Helzberg, etc. What about Tiffany and Co? Our area is getting one on Friday....I was more excited for the Ikea opening
1.gif
Is T&C the same as other B&M retailers, or are they any better, or worse? I have a guess, but I want to see if my suspicions are confirmed.

Tom

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Monetarily speaking, you pay for the name, which in my opinion is way to much. Check it out though, and then do some on line price comparisons. You would be hugely amazed in the differences.
rodent.gif

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Tiffany & Co. has a very lovely website (instant mood elevator!) and you can see many of their wares online. This will give you an idea of the style of jewellery that they sell, as well as their prices. Not everything is online, but a large selection. www.tiffany.com

I wish you well,

Bridget

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Do a search on this site. Matter of fact this whole T&C topic is like beating a dead horse. There are those who love T&C, and those that love to hate them.
read.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
T&C has fine diamonds and magnificent custom designs...and it's special to some people to own a T&C diamond/ering/piece.

If you look at the diamond tutorial on their site, they go through what can & cannot (more importantly) qualifiy as a Tiffany diamond (no color below I, no clarity below VS2, no fish-eye, surface breaking feathers, very thin girdles, etc.) there is no reason--if you educate yourself--that you coud not find a diamond of just as high a quality from another vendor AND save some money.

Thus, some people prefer the convenience of T&C becasue they know any bad characteristic has been weeded out...but you are paying a hefty premium for both the convenience and the brand.

I think this sums it up, IMHO.
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Want my opinion? Buy whatever you want from ther so long as you never need anything cleaned, polished or repaired because once they touch it, it will be destroyed.

I think they are overpriced. You aren't paying for anything other than a T&Co stamped inside the ring.

NCNSD

Rough_Rock
I think I'll do what everyone's saying, read up and do some serious research. I'm not looking to buy for a while, and when I do, it'll be for a wedding ring, but it'd be nice to know what I was looking for and what specs to watch for.
Thanks!

Tom

PS-I've been lurking for a few months, and this has got to be the friendliest, most helpful bunch I've ever come across on the net
1.gif
Thanks for answering my questions and for being helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results