shape
carat
color
clarity

I keep knocking my e-ring accidentally...Should I just stop wearing it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovebling

Rough_Rock
My e-ring is set kinda high, so I keep knocking it against things accidentally.
7.gif
Today, for instance, I''ve knocked it 4x already. So far, I don''t see any obvious damage yet, although I don''t have a magnifying glass. After reading some of the previous messages about people getting their diamonds chipped/broken, I''m terrified. Should I just stop wearing my e-ring? How likely is a diamond to chip or crack?

Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
How long have you had the ring? many times once you get used to it, you''ll stop hitting it so often. diamonds can chip so if it continues to be a problem you might look into seeing if they can lower the stone a bit for you.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe get it reset so it is lower and more flush.
It would be sad to stop wearing it.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 9:47:09 PM
Author: mrssalvo
How long have you had the ring? many times once you get used to it, you'll stop hitting it so often. diamonds can chip so if it continues to be a problem you might look into seeing if they can lower the stone a bit for you.
Yup, I second that opinion. If you've had it for awhile and you're still knocking it into things, you may want to lower the setting. Diamonds are not indestructible and a hard hit can do damage.

ETA: Yup, don't stop wearing it, make IT more wearable!

lovebling

Rough_Rock
I''ve had it for about 3 months now. Is that considered "sufficient" time to get used to it? I love the setting. It''s "intertwined" from hearts on fire, and the setting alone costed ~$5000. My fiancee spent a LONG time looking for the setting, and it would hurt his feeling (and mine!) to change the setting.

I guess I should also start looking into getting my ring insured. But even if insurance covers the damage/loss, it wouldn''t be the same stone and hence not the same sentimental value...sniff...sniff...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovebling, please call and get it insured ASAP. you just never know what can happen. I''d still take it to a jeweler and see if they can lower the stone in the setting a bit for you. i agree 3 months should be long enough but what''s the point in having such a wonderful ring if you can''t wear it. can you post a picture? 1) we might be able to tell if there is a bit a room for it to be lowered and 2) I''d love to see this setting
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
As long as you are insured I would not worry about it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS, and congrats on your engagement!!!!!
35.gif

Getting it insured asap is a must. Pics are a must as well. We'd love to see this setting. Sometimes if you aren't used to wearing rings, it takes longer to adjust. And of course this just isn't any ring, it's your ering.

lovebling

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replies so far girls. I'm not very good at taking photos and most of the photos came out blurry. I've attached below pictures of the ring from the website, and another picture in the next post.

engagement ring2.jpg

lovebling

Rough_Rock
Pic I took myself... Sorry for the poor quality of the photo. My center stone is 2.01 ct. The side stones are 0.5ct.

Picture 300.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 10:58:56 PM
Author: lovebling
Pic I took myself... Sorry for the poor quality of the photo. My center stone is 2.01 ct, color E, VVS2. GIA certified excellent symmetry. The side stones are 0.5ct.
What a beautiful ring!!! The profile is high, but something I think you can get used to over time.
2.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful ring! More pics please!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful setting!

I have a rather low setting, but went from a .30ish stone (worn for over 20 years) to a 1.4, and I too knocked it a few times in the beginning. Before I got the ring, I tended to move quickly a lot of the time (I have 3 boys, I have to
9.gif
).

I hated it too and was so worried I''d do some damage, and I actually did knock a prong and move it. After that, I told myself to slow down, and be more aware of the ring, it was a really concerted effort. But after that, things got MUCH better, and I rarely knock it now, and usually it''s very lightly. You WILL knock it ocassionally, it''s inevitable.

I would just try to be more aware of it, slow down and see if that helps! And echoing everyone else, PLEASE get that baby insured!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s such a gorgeous setting, congratulations!!!! But honestly, please get that baby insured as soon as possible!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tape your ring finger to your middle finger as much as possible for a couple of weeks. It will feel weird and every time you are aware of it - it will remind you to be careful of your ring. If you do it for long enough it might get you into the habit of being gentle with that hand.

Try it, you never know it could work
9.gif

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely get it insured, but by all means, keep wearing it! I have heard lots of stories of people keeping their treasured possessions locked away and then they never enjoy them. I wear all of my jewelry, every day (except showering or heavy cleaning). You and your fiance invested a lot of time, love and money into that ring so it should be enjoyed. It''s a beauty, by the way!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I agree with the others who stated that you should get your ring insured...that aside, your ring is sooo gorgeous!! HOF has some really amazing settings, & yours is one of them!!
30.gif
30.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Is it the correct size? If it spins a bit then maybe that''s why you''re knocking it on things?

Nurseynurse

Rough_Rock
Please do not stop wearing that beautiful ring
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
your ring is just gorgeous. I agree that I''d 1) get it insured 2) keep wearing it, it may take longer to get used to or you may just keep bumping it but it is just way too pretty to not wear....love it...

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
I used to bump mine ALL the time the first few months..... Actually, I still do maybe once a day and I''ve had mine since last July. I don''t think your ting is set too high, I think you''ll get more used to it as time goes on....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. See if you can get the stone lowered.
2. Make sure that puppy is insured.
3. Stop worrying and enjoy your ring!
1.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
the stone is not too high in my opinion, it''s just a huge stone in a huge setting. pay attention to what you are doing.
mantra: I am wearing 20,000 dollars on my hand. I am wearing 20,000 dollars on my hand.

lovebling

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the useful tips! I''m so happy that I didn''t knock it against anything yesterday (but I kept looking at my ring the whole day though to make sure it''s safe). I called Statefarm, and was quoted ~900 for insurance premium. That''s expensive IMO
7.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 8:26:29 AM
Thanks for all the useful tips! I''m so happy that I didn''t knock it against anything yesterday (but I kept looking at my ring the whole day though to make sure it''s safe). I called Statefarm, and was quoted ~900 for insurance premium. That''s expensive IMO
7.gif
That''s insanely expensive. Granted, I don''t know what your ring is worth (and I''m not asking), but there''s no way it should be that much.

I have SF, and my ring is on my jewelry rider. It''s 108.00 a year for 13,000.00, to give you an idea.

I''d call back and ask to speak to the person in charge, that''s just gotta be wrong!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 9:54:22 AM
Author: Ellen
Date: 2/8/2007 8:26:29 AM

7.gif
That''s insanely expensive. Granted, I don''t know what your ring is worth (and I''m not asking), but there''s no way it should be that much.

I have SF, and my ring is on my jewelry rider. It''s 108.00 a year for 13,000.00, to give you an idea.

I''d call back and ask to speak to the person in charge, that''s just gotta be wrong!

I agree, that seems really high. I''d double check.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I just added an item to my SF personal articles policy yesterday. The agent quoted me a rate of $13 per $1000 of insured value (per year, of course).

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
$900 a year is crazy....unless you''re secretly wearing the hope diamond?
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 12:45:22 PM
Author: FireGoddess
$900 a year is crazy....unless you''re secretly wearing the hope diamond?
2.gif
lol!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results