carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Geez, I wonder why I don't get anymore phone spam about "winning a free cruise":confused::bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

I hope you didn’t just jinx yourself! I swear my iPhone is listening to every word I utter or type - and selling that information to the lowest bidder!

BMI

Shiny_Rock
I swear my iPhone is listening to every word I utter or type - and selling that information to the lowest bidder!

I have absolutely no doubt that Google is doing the same via my Chromebook!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you didn’t just jinx yourself! I swear my iPhone is listening to every word I utter or type - and selling that information to the lowest bidder!
It’s been really weird lately. I will be talking to someone on the phone about something. The next thing I know I will see suggestions in ads for the same thing online or in my Facebook IG feed. It’s a little scary to tell you the truth!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s been really weird lately. I will be talking to someone on the phone about something. The next thing I know I will see suggestions in ads for the same thing online or in my Facebook IG feed. It’s a little scary to tell you the truth!

DH and I were talking about ladders since we have a lightbulb up high to change. Just talking. Not on the phone. No searches. No anything about ladders anywhere except a conversation where I had my phone in my pocket. Within 15 minutes, I had several ads for ladders. All of my privacy settings are about as tight as they can go. No app has permission to use the microphone except the phone and the camera. Everything else is denied.
Had things like this happen half a dozen different times. Seems too much to be a coincidence!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH and I were talking about ladders since we have a lightbulb up high to change. Just talking. Not on the phone. No searches. No anything about ladders anywhere except a conversation where I had my phone in my pocket. Within 15 minutes, I had several ads for ladders. All of my privacy settings are about as tight as they can go. No app has permission to use the microphone except the phone and the camera. Everything else is denied.
Had things like this happen half a dozen different times. Seems too much to be a coincidence!

I agree! That’s also happened to me! I think Alexa is listening to me! :lol: :shifty:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Does everyone having these issues of being listened in on have a virtual personal assistant like Alexa or etc?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does everyone having these issues of being listened in on have a virtual personal assistant like Alexa or etc?

No! We don't have any of those devices and keep the tv/DVD/etc not hooked to the network. Phones don't have the assistant set up. All that stuff shut down as much as possible.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have Alexa! Is she really listening to me??? Hahahaha

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’ve had that happen - I get ads related to some product my hubby is researching and chatting about. It doesn’t happen frequently, but it’s rather unnerving when it does. We don’t have Alexa devices or anything like that, but we both have iPhones and Siri isn’t disabled (he uses the Siri feature fairly regularly; I rarely use mine).

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have Alexa! Is she really listening to me??? Hahahaha

Yes, and so is Siri if that is enabled on your phone, also if you use a smart TV etc. If you google these topics you will see plenty of articles confirming this.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee that happens to us too and it’s quite unnerving. I know they track us and send specific product emails after I visit a store. Ugh!! Hate it and feel violated.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had that happen - I get ads related to some product my hubby is researching and chatting about. It doesn’t happen frequently, but it’s rather unnerving when it does. We don’t have Alexa devices or anything like that, but we both have iPhones and Siri isn’t disabled (he uses the Siri feature fairly regularly; I rarely use mine).

Happens to us as well. Freaks me out!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun day at our first college football game. UConn won!

Coming out on the field
7F31E992-7135-4670-83DB-B48E73AC897D.jpeg

Mascot
34265B3F-005B-4F84-8C55-DE306D36059C.jpeg

My favorite part was half-time
C8C9A861-A40F-412E-AB02-8E5441DC9163.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun day at our first college football game. UConn won!

Coming out on the field
7F31E992-7135-4670-83DB-B48E73AC897D.jpeg

Mascot
34265B3F-005B-4F84-8C55-DE306D36059C.jpeg

My favorite part was half-time
C8C9A861-A40F-412E-AB02-8E5441DC9163.jpeg

Looks like fun! Halftime is always the best part!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like fun! Halftime is always the best part!

I love to hear the band play, a lot of people get up to get food etc but IMO they miss the best part!

Celtic Fest looks like a lot of fun!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love to hear the band play, a lot of people get up to get food etc but IMO they miss the best part!

Celtic Fest looks like a lot of fun!

I never realized how big those poles were.....
I had seen the Highland Games on TV, but in real life it was truly amazing.
And so many big strong men in kilts...!!:kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom came for a visit at the house for the first time in two months. Her huggies were in desperate need of cleaning. I put them in the Magnasonic and went to another part of the house for about an hour. When I got back
the Magnasonic was still running! It was really warm. It never shut off! This is my older one that only has the option of running a couple of minutes. You have to start it again if you want to repeat it! It could have started a fire..
I’ve never seen her huggies that sparkly! :)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her huggies were in desperate need of cleaning. I

I've had a long hard day and I'm really tired. My mind went to adult diapers and I was very confused why your mom was bringing her dirty diapers to your house and why I hadn't heard of a washing machine with the brand name Magnasonic. I kinda got a clue when you said her huggies were sparkly. Going to bed now that I've made this humiliating confession.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had a long hard day and I'm really tired. My mind went to adult diapers and I was very confused why your mom was bringing her dirty diapers to your house and why I hadn't heard of a washing machine with the brand name Magnasonic. I kinda got a clue when you said her huggies were sparkly. Going to bed now that I've made this humiliating confession.

So glad it wasn't just me who had that thought! :lol: 8)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thought everyone would know what a Magnasonic and huggies are! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought everyone would know what a Magnasonic and huggies are! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Usually I do! I was eating Oreo cheesecake after having driven from southern Utah to northern Oregon in one day. Brain was definitely shut off by then :lol:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Uhm, me three… or is it four or five now? :oops:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I needed some yarn for a project yesterday so I went to the yarn shop, and since I was in the building, I figured I might as well bop into my favorite local jewelry store, and…

is it still an impulse purchase if I’ve been drooling over them for more than a year now?

95B31BFE-4487-4A3C-BF7B-F594838D9DBF.jpeg

Eddie Sakamoto earrings, oxidized silver with yellow gold and diamonds. :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results