shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missouri. Everyone else in the house got it except her and its because of her Dr.

@Arcadian Did you ask her what his/her reasoning is? If she has a medical condition where she shouldn’t have it..then that would make sense. From what you describe..it sounds like he may just be anti-vaccine..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband is on my last nerve. He’s not as careful as I am about being safe during Covid. He doesn’t wear a mask at work. He says the doctor says they are following CDC guidelines. I have to repeatedly tell him to wear a mask when he has to pick up food, have a repair person over, etc. It’s football season. He loves watching his team play. His brother went to the same school so they text each other, etc. His brother has been pretty careless going to reunions, football games, etc. My husband was going to actually go with his brother to game a few weeks ago but I blew a gasket so he didn’t go. His brother keeps asking him if they can watch the game here since we have a large screen TV. I keep telling my husband that since his brother isn’t safe, acts like there isn’t a pandemic..I don’t feel comfortable with him here. He’s asked me a few times. The answer is always the same. Tonight he said his brother keeps asking him if they can watch the game together at our house tomorrow. It’s so frustrating. He told him that I had a stomach ache so it wouldn’t be a good idea. That’s not true. I finally told him that if he can’t tell his brother he’s doing risky behavior..to just throw me under the bus. Tell him that I am not comfortable with him coming to our house..that he’s not being careful. Of course he won’t say that part. He’ll just say something like Joanne gets nervous about Covid…which infuriates me…:x2

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, You aren’t alone. I’ve told my husband to throw me under the bus too. I could have written every word you posted.

I’m dreading this winter.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds did I read that you started a new job??? How is that going?

Sorry I don't know where you ask you so decided to ask here!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband is on my last nerve. He’s not as careful as I am about being safe during Covid. He doesn’t wear a mask at work. He says the doctor says they are following CDC guidelines. I have to repeatedly tell him to wear a mask when he has to pick up food, have a repair person over, etc. It’s football season. He loves watching his team play. His brother went to the same school so they text each other, etc. His brother has been pretty careless going to reunions, football games, etc. My husband was going to actually go with his brother to game a few weeks ago but I blew a gasket so he didn’t go. His brother keeps asking him if they can watch the game here since we have a large screen TV. I keep telling my husband that since his brother isn’t safe, acts like there isn’t a pandemic..I don’t feel comfortable with him here. He’s asked me a few times. The answer is always the same. Tonight he said his brother keeps asking him if they can watch the game together at our house tomorrow. It’s so frustrating. He told him that I had a stomach ache so it wouldn’t be a good idea. That’s not true. I finally told him that if he can’t tell his brother he’s doing risky behavior..to just throw me under the bus. Tell him that I am not comfortable with him coming to our house..that he’s not being careful. Of course he won’t say that part. He’ll just say something like Joanne gets nervous about Covid…which infuriates me…:x2

Ugh I am sorry @MamaBee. At least Shatzie is respecting you by not letting his brother hang out in your house watching football. Greg may not always agree with my super cautious nature and measures but he abides by them because he knows it is important to me. I always tell Greg to tell his family/friends it's me when he tells them no we can't do this or that with them but I don't think he does. I don't mind being the bad guy when it comes to this. I would rather be the bad guy than the dead guy if you kwim. :/
((((Hugs)))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Calliecake @missy ..I’m feeling extra vulnerable right now because I’ve had to have lots of repair people in this past week for different things. One guy showed up without a mask. I handed one to him before letting him in the house. No matter where I go no one is wearing a mask. It’s so upsetting to me. I have more things next week where someone will have to come in. They’re all necessary repairs or deliveries. I hate the idea of them in my house but it can’t be avoided.
Thanks for listening.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Calliecake @missy ..I’m feeling extra vulnerable right now because I’ve had to have lots of repair people in this past week for different things. One guy showed up without a mask. I handed one to him before letting him in the house. No matter where I go no one is wearing a mask. It’s so upsetting to me. I have more things next week where someone will have to come in. They’re all necessary repairs or deliveries. I hate the idea of them in my house but it can’t be avoided.
Thanks for listening.

I'm kinda shocked about this. In my town people seem to be very compliant about our governor's mask mandate. Everyone is to wear a mask indoors, and I rarely see unmasked people.
I'm sorry you are dealing with this.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm kinda shocked about this. In my town people seem to be very compliant about our governor's mask mandate. Everyone is to wear a mask indoors, and I rarely see unmasked people.
@stracci2000 I am too..Our mask mandates have been lifted for indoor and outdoor settings in Pennsylvania. Social distancing and capacity limits are also removed. Health care settings, schools, nursing homes, and prisons still have a mask mandate in effect. My mom’s nursing home had seven cases of Covid in two months. Covid isn’t gone. I wish it was gone but it isn’t. It makes me crazy to see everyone around here walking around without masks acting like it’s business as usual...If I didn’t hound my husband he would be one of them. I know he’s doing the same when I’m not around.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

We’re kind of in the same boat, MamaBee. My hubby has decided that he’s vaccinated snd can tolerate Covid if he gets it, it’s not his job to protect anyone who isn’t vaccinated. Nothing I can say will change his mind. Last weekend we were in a part of the state with indoor mask mandates, when he was “forced” to put on a mask in a store, etc., he’d wear it below his nose until I glared at him long enough. He’s acting like a petulant child at this point. He leaves today to visit his DHG on and DIL in Kentucky - which fortunately seems to be improving daily re Covid transmission. I’m sure his son and DIL will lay down the law re masking while he’s with them (she’s in a medical field and her work probably involves vulnerable populations) but I am concerned about him during the two or so weeks he’s traveling. He’ll be flying his own plane snd camping along the way, so minimal exposure there, but he’ll also be getting groceries, dining out, and checking out some of the sights. I don’t know how he’ll cope or take care of himself if he does get Covid en route.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We’re kind of in the same boat, MamaBee. My hubby has decided that he’s vaccinated snd can tolerate Covid if he gets it, it’s not his job to protect anyone who isn’t vaccinated. Nothing I can say will change his mind. Last weekend we were in a part of the state with indoor mask mandates, when he was “forced” to put on a mask in a store, etc., he’d wear it below his nose until I glared at him long enough. He’s acting like a petulant child at this point. He leaves today to visit his DHG on and DIL in Kentucky - which fortunately seems to be improving daily re Covid transmission. I’m sure his son and DIL will lay down the law re masking while he’s with them (she’s in a medical field and her work probably involves vulnerable populations) but I am concerned about him during the two or so weeks he’s traveling. He’ll be flying his own plane snd camping along the way, so minimal exposure there, but he’ll also be getting groceries, dining out, and checking out some of the sights. I don’t know how he’ll cope or take care of himself if he does get Covid en route.

How exciting that your husband can fly his own plane..TBH he would make me nervous just like my husband…I don’t know if they feel like it can’t happen to them because they’re vaccinated and bulletproof. I have to be the doomsday wife telling him all the people that were vaccinated but still got Covid and died. The vaccine is amazing but it does wane over time…It’s also not 100% effective..I really hate having to keep reminding him. It’s like he needs a daily reminder. I’m not even sure I make a difference. I hope your husband stays well during his trip..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

People here, for the most part, are not wearing masks indoors. There is no mask mandate here. Our governor has caved to political pressure. Very disappointing. My dh and I, of course, always wear a mask indoors. But it is not right that we do not have an indoor mask mandate in this state.

And when I see most people indoors, not wearing masks, I think to myself.
The masses are asses.
True dat.

:(

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stumbled across the most spectacular bed and breakfast ever! It just happened that this place is a comfortable drive from where I need to drop the parts off and is an area I always wanted to see. This place costs double what I have been trying to stay below ($130/night and this is around $270) so is definitely a splurge. So amazing! DH suggested we come back next year for our anniversary so he can be here too. Barring crazy between now and check out, I would love to come back. Will share pictures and more later since it would pin my exact location too well.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why the hell do I have two random moles under my arm? Where they come from the mole fairy!! I’m coming up on my 48th b-day this month…what the hay?!?! t
They literally ‘just appeared’ :confused2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know how long I can put up with my widowed MIL. She is so demanding and spoiled and she expects us to jump when she calls.
Not how I expected to spend my ‘golden’ years, taking care of a 90 yo manipulative lady and her 50 yo house. :hand:
ETA I’m so unhappy about this situation that I didn’t even buy myself jewelry for my birthday last week like I always do. And it was a milestone birthday too!!

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just ate all the M&Ms and all the Cheetos. I shall now turn my attention to the Cheez-Its. Don't judge me.

I love M&Ms! My all time favorite candy.
I will fight you for the last one!:P2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why the hell do I have two random moles under my arm? Where they come from the mole fairy!! I’m coming up on my 48th b-day this month…what the hay?!?! t
They literally ‘just appeared’ :confused2:

I don’t want to make you nervous but I would make an appointment with a dermatologist.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I stumbled across the most spectacular bed and breakfast ever! It just happened that this place is a comfortable drive from where I need to drop the parts off and is an area I always wanted to see. This place costs double what I have been trying to stay below ($130/night and this is around $270) so is definitely a splurge. So amazing! DH suggested we come back next year for our anniversary so he can be here too. Barring crazy between now and check out, I would love to come back. Will share pictures and more later since it would pin my exact location too well.

Waiting for photos!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t know how long I can put up with my widowed MIL. She is so demanding and spoiled and she expects us to jump when she calls.
Not how I expected to spend my ‘golden’ years, taking care of a 90 yo manipulative lady and her 50 yo house. :hand:
ETA I’m so unhappy about this situation that I didn’t even buy myself jewelry for my birthday last week like I always do. And it was a milestone birthday too!!

@Slick1 I’m sorry..I really understand because my mom was difficult until she went into the nursing home. I was always jealous of everyone that had lovely mothers. She’s much better now that she can’t complain about me. Try to get your hubby to do most of the things for her.
I think you deserve to get yourself something very blingy. Happy Belated Birthday!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee See that is the problem. He does treat her with kid gloves and doesn’t even realize the control she is exerting daily over him and our life.
I remember how hard having mom was for you and I now can totally relate. We are working on getting her into assisted living but she and her daughter are resistant. Of course, we’re the only ones (out of four) who live close enough to do her bidding. I am so unhappy I can’t even muster the enthusiasm to buy anything for myself, much less bling. But thank you for your kind words. ❤️
This is the griping thread right? I sound terrible. Sorry all.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee See that is the problem. He does treat her with kid gloves and doesn’t even realize the control she is exerting daily over him and our life.
I remember how hard having mom was for you and I now can totally relate. We are working on getting her into assisted living but she and her daughter are resistant. Of course, we’re the only ones (out of four) who live close enough to do her bidding. I am so unhappy I can’t even muster the enthusiasm to buy anything for myself, much less bling. But thank you for your kind words. ❤️

You are welcome and free to post your frustration. We are all struggling with how to manage aging parents. It is a full time "job". Hugs.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Geez, I wonder why I don't get anymore phone spam about "winning a free cruise":confused::bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

You don’t sound terrible. I feel for you…:(2

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Well, on a lighter note, my DH can't remember the names of anything so we just finished watching 'That Shrimp Show'(Squid Game) and tonight we start 'Black Church'(Midnight Mass):twirl:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I got my flu shot today and was very pleased to finally get a sore arm, hours later.

The reason is, it was the weirdest thing but I could have sworn the guy did not actually give me a shot because I did not feel it at all and didn't see any evidence of it either. So all day I kept wondering if he might have possibly faked giving me the shot and why in the world he would have done that. If I called with my concern, they'd probably think I was crazy. So... I was strangely grateful for my sore arm. :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my flu shot today and was very pleased to finally get a sore arm, hours later.

The reason is, it was the weirdest thing but I could have sworn the guy did not actually give me a shot because I did not feel it at all and didn't see any evidence of it either. So all day I kept wondering if he might have possibly faked giving me the shot and why in the world he would have done that. If I called with my concern, they'd probably think I was crazy. So... I was strangely grateful for my sore arm. :)

Well then I’m happy your arm hurts! :lol:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t want to make you nervous but I would make an appointment with a dermatologist.

I know, my sister said I should make appointment with my PCP. I did some reading and discovered could be change in hormones...menopause could be on the horizon. Guess I will reach out.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG that has happened to me LOL. With the first Covid dose. I didn't feel anything so I wondered uh oh did she not give me the shot. And until my arm started hurting I was worried I didn't get it. And like you I thought but why and if I told anyone my concerns they would think me crazy haha.

Glad you got your flu shot. That is next on my list. It is predicted to be a potentially bad flu season this year.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waiting for photos!

The photos from my phone don't do it justice! (Camera photos not available until I get home.) This is a bed and breakfast in Shiloh, TN. I stayed in the Jenny Lind suite. It was the quietest night since I left home and every detail was spectacular. They have an art gallery with actual paintings from the 1400-1700 range and give tours/lectures to art students. The couple who own it work hard to make sure everything you want is there without even needing to ask. The three course breakfast was a delicious work of art too! (May have to post more when I get home and see what comes off the camera.)

IMG_20211010_215322903_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211011_115934568_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211010_215258086_HDR.jpg IMG_20211011_090640527_HDR.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results