color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Musia @mellowyellowgirl watching the Sochi stage of the Russian Cup, Women's Free, I am just so upset that they sent Daria to the kiss-and-cry to wait for her scores ALONE, and after a clean skate from Anna they said something to her after she came off the ice that made her look as though she wanted to cry. Those guys are so mean! :x2

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Yes! Subaru Forester. It's my first Subaru and so far....I'm liking it! :D

My DH and I share a Subaru Outback (we don't drive much so having two cars doesn't make sense for us.) We LOVE it! I hope you will love yours too. Subies handle so well in the rain and snow, and they are comfy too. Great cars!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My DH and I share a Subaru Outback (we don't drive much so having two cars doesn't make sense for us.) We LOVE it! I hope you will love yours too. Subies handle so well in the rain and snow, and they are comfy too. Great cars!

:lol::lol::lol: Rain? Snow? Please tell me more...what are those things??? Sigh....serious drought here in the desert. No rain for months....snow...um....couldn't tell you....:lol::lol::lol:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Musia @mellowyellowgirl watching the Sochi stage of the Russian Cup, Women's Free, I am just so upset that they sent Daria to the kiss-and-cry to wait for her scores ALONE, and after a clean skate from Anna they said something to her after she came off the ice that made her look as though she wanted to cry. Those guys are so mean! :x2

I hate Danny G. Apparently he hates Zhenya and won't work with her (mind you this is from Twitter so huge handful of salt).

Poor Anna is having hiccups with her lutz-loop. I think she did a lutz-toe in a moment of panic but the toe got struck off because she had already completed two 3lutzes and two 3flips.

I'm super curious (in a morbid kind of way) to see Zhenya and Eteri at Kiss and Cry. Everytime I see Eteri now, my head starts playing:

Mother's right here
Mother will protect you
Darling, here's what I suggest
Skip the drama
Stay with mama
Mother knows best

From Tangled

voce

Ideal_Rock
I hate Danny G. Apparently he hates Zhenya and won't work with her (mind you this is from Twitter so huge handful of salt).

Poor Anna is having hiccups with her lutz-loop. I think she did a lutz-toe in a moment of panic but the toe got struck off because she had already completed two 3lutzes and two 3flips.

I'm super curious (in a morbid kind of way) to see Zhenya and Eteri at Kiss and Cry. Everytime I see Eteri now, my head starts playing:

Mother's right here
Mother will protect you
Darling, here's what I suggest
Skip the drama
Stay with mama
Mother knows best

From Tangled

I was never that impressed with his choreography, apart from the programs that Kostornaia skated. I guess since Kostornaia felt close to him (I think it was him who was with her after her FS at GPF last year) I thought he couldn't be that bad.

But, I remember now, the Twitter stuff with Kostornaia, looking weird in that photo with Medvedeva, and not even having the decency to comfort Daria in a vulnerable moment like this. It just looked to me like cruel and unusual punishment. I get that Anna was up next, but there were two guys from the coaching team available, and the one Anna didn't really need was Danny G. Danny G won't get the benefit of the doubt from me anymore.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock

I agree, they are mean. :angryfire: The girls are super talented and their programs are extremely difficult, hard to skate without making mistakes. And then the coachers' reactions makes them feel even worse.

I always loved to watch figure skating competitions since I can remember myself. USSR didn't have any strong women in single skating. They had men, pairs and dancers but not women. The first lady who won any medal was Anna Kondrashova (finished second in 1984 World Championship). I can't believe how much progress Russian girls have made since then. No one can compete against them!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I agree, they are mean. :angryfire: The girls are super talented and their programs are extremely difficult, hard to skate without making mistakes. And then the coachers' reactions makes them feel even worse.

I always loved to watch figure skating competitions since I can remember myself. USSR didn't have any strong women in single skating. They had men, pairs and dancers but not women. The first lady who won any medal was Anna Kondrashova (finished second in 1984 World Championship). I can't believe how much progress Russian girls have made since then. No one can compete against them!

The girls are super talented and skate beautiful programs, but I wish the sport will become more about women's skating, with more ladies having longevity in their careers comparable to Kostner, Kim, Asada, Kwan, Slutskaya. I don't want girls to break their bodies staying thin and relying on pre-rotation instead of building strength in legs.

This is why I'm rooting for the Mishin and Plushenko school athletes all the way, even though the corrupt judges are only helping the Eteri school now.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
First day of hybrid teaching. It was interesting. First few classes were really weird. I had all of the kids (both in person & remote) log into the zoom and the kids worked together on escape room puzzle assignments. Three kids "forgot" their devices (two of those don't have devices to bring....um...kind of required for in person) so they sat during the work time because the work is in their Google Classroom.

To top it off....it RAINED this morning and it's COLD. Ok....normally this would be a celebratory moment, but really???? The first day of a crazy hybrid and we're tossing in the Inclement weather issue???? GAAAAAAHHHHHH.....

Thankfully, it was very light in the morning and the kids could follow their "normal" schedule...but still. Craziness! I am tired though..

Am considering sitting on the couch....which I've been avoiding as it hurt my back, but snuggling on the couch while quilting sounds really nice.....

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
The girls are super talented and skate beautiful programs, but I wish the sport will become more about women's skating, with more ladies having longevity in their careers comparable to Kostner, Kim, Asada, Kwan, Slutskaya. I don't want girls to break their bodies staying thin and relying on pre-rotation instead of building strength in legs.

This is why I'm rooting for the Mishin and Plushenko school athletes all the way, even though the corrupt judges are only helping the Eteri school now.

I agree, I also want these talented young girls to last much longer and successfully compete for many years. In good old times figure skaters used to be on ice for decades, winning several Olympics and multiple championships. Now Russian women's programs are so difficult that they are much easier to perform successfully when the girl is still small and thin. And of course, I am worrying about their mental health and well being as much as for their physical health and normal development. Russian coaches and teachers are generally very mean. They are competing against each other and happy to see someone's skater making mistakes. Absolutely not a healthy environment for young girls to practice, perform and grow further. Parents are also may be very strict and demanding/commanding/pressing. I was that type of mother myself. It is typical for parents (former USSR) to be pushing hard if they want their children to achieve a lot. Maybe some Asian parents in the US are the same type, not me anymore. Poor girls, I feel very bad when I see them falling hard and being sad after performing not perfectly.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't bear to make this a thread, but something awful just happened. My husband lost his job because of the pandemic. He's 61 and there are no jobs out there. I don't know what's going to happen to us, honestly. He's not going to get much severance because he was only there 2 years. We are not able to have him retire right now. All I can do is cry. Thanks.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If someone could go over the steps I should take to sell my ER ring, that would be helpful. I can't think. It doesn't have a cert. Should I get one, how do I do that from Canada? How much does that cost? TIA. Then how do I sell it the safest way if anyone is ever interested, or should I consign?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If someone could go over the steps I should take to sell my ER ring, that would be helpful. I can't think. It doesn't have a cert. Should I get one, how do I do that from Canada? How much does that cost? TIA. Then how do I sell it the safest way if anyone is ever interested, or should I consign?

@lyra you could place it here in the preloved section and see if there is any interest among PSers without a cert and then list it on loupe troop. Alternatively you could also reach out to one of the PS recommended appraisers (if there is one near you) and get an appraisal vs a GIA cert. To get a GIA cert you would need to have the stone unmounted from the setting and send it to GIA. It's not expensive but I do not remember the cost. BRB let me check the GIA website.

Here is the fee schedule.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't bear to make this a thread, but something awful just happened. My husband lost his job because of the pandemic. He's 61 and there are no jobs out there. I don't know what's going to happen to us, honestly. He's not going to get much severance because he was only there 2 years. We are not able to have him retire right now. All I can do is cry. Thanks.

Oh my goodness I am so sorry! I am just reading this. I only saw your last post. I am very very sorry @lyra and sending you bucketloads of good luck dust. (((HUGS))).

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @missy . Really means a lot to me. I just needed some of the steps because I know this would be a long process.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @missy . Really means a lot to me. I just needed some of the steps because I know this would be a long process.

@lyra I feel it in my gut. It's going to be OK. It might be a tough few months but ultimately you are all going to be A OK. (((HUGS))).

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
((Hugs)) @lyra, I'm so sorry!! Im sending lots of dust to you and your DH!!!!

This pandemic sucks!! I'm sure you will ok. It's great you're being proactive. Like @missy I'm positive it's going to be ok!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock

@lyra I'm sorry , please do not despair there have been temporary changes made to E.I. see if there is any government help out there. Take good care xo

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, he will be applying. It's not much, but he's never applied before when he was off work.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lyra: I read this earlier this year, and am posting this with the hope you may find it helpful. I am sorry for your latest news, and hoping the job loss is temporary.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Watched "The dog who saved Halloween" and "Holidate". We are exciting Folks!!

cheers--Sharon

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lyra I am sorry you are going through this. We went through it half a dozen years ago and it is still a hard time to think about. I sold my diamond back to the jeweler I bought it from. Sadly, at a big loss. (mine was much smaller than most here) That is a quick and easy option with no risk. Consigning or listing here might be better as you would have less loss. One thing to consider is if you want to keep the setting. I loved my setting and it wouldn't have been much $$ so I sold the diamond but kept the setting to have for later.

If I remember correctly, your husband is a pilot? If he isn't already a member, have him join the FB flying groups. There are job listings here and there plus a pilot job group I forget the name of. Also worth checking small charter companies and flight schools as they seem to be very active still in some areas.

One thing I didn't do immediately and should have was go through all of our monthly bills. $5/month to consumer reports. Cancel. $130/month for cell phone. Call and see what specials they are running that would lower your bill -- some have things you don't get to know about unless you call. All told, I cut probably $200/month that way.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a long night. Dogs went out to potty before bed (in our fenced yard I had already walked through earlier in the day to make sure nothing unsafe for them). Out for all of two minutes. My little dog came in and looked like she might be walking a bit funny. Okay. Feed them then check her feet. She ate all of her dinner but super slow and looked off while eating. Checked her feet. No problems. Then her head started bobbing and her eyes looked wrong. Sent DH out with a flashlight to check over the yard while I called the emergency vet. Our usual was closed so sent to a different one. (turned out to be a good place, so that was good!) I got her into the car and rushed to the emergency vet. Nothing in the backyard. Told DH to look again closer and focus on this area. Still nothing. Vet came and talked to me at the car. (Yay! So much better than over phone!) Clearly she ate something. Toxic or just bad? Either way, induce vomiting. It was pretty clear that she ate something rancid. Since no decline, not likely toxin. Given directions to watch her through the night. She got an anti-nausea med after the vomiting had been completed and subcutaneous fluids. I spent the night as a wreck watching her.

She is fine this morning. Eyes back to normal, usual energy, no head wobble, good appetite. We have a couple of ideas what it was based on what the vet saw come out. One is just a normal part of living around wildlife. The other would leave me even more upset at the guys who painted our house. Either way, she is okay. I have been through the yard again very carefully. Will ask DH to look again in case I missed something. Don't want to go through that again!

Attachments

• IMG_20201031_103350063.jpg
    IMG_20201031_103350063.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 8

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a text message from my son. He is back in the US and supposed to call me tonight. I have not actually heard his voice in nearly a year. So excited!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a long night. Dogs went out to potty before bed (in our fenced yard I had already walked through earlier in the day to make sure nothing unsafe for them). Out for all of two minutes. My little dog came in and looked like she might be walking a bit funny. Okay. Feed them then check her feet. She ate all of her dinner but super slow and looked off while eating. Checked her feet. No problems. Then her head started bobbing and her eyes looked wrong. Sent DH out with a flashlight to check over the yard while I called the emergency vet. Our usual was closed so sent to a different one. (turned out to be a good place, so that was good!) I got her into the car and rushed to the emergency vet. Nothing in the backyard. Told DH to look again closer and focus on this area. Still nothing. Vet came and talked to me at the car. (Yay! So much better than over phone!) Clearly she ate something. Toxic or just bad? Either way, induce vomiting. It was pretty clear that she ate something rancid. Since no decline, not likely toxin. Given directions to watch her through the night. She got an anti-nausea med after the vomiting had been completed and subcutaneous fluids. I spent the night as a wreck watching her.

She is fine this morning. Eyes back to normal, usual energy, no head wobble, good appetite. We have a couple of ideas what it was based on what the vet saw come out. One is just a normal part of living around wildlife. The other would leave me even more upset at the guys who painted our house. Either way, she is okay. I have been through the yard again very carefully. Will ask DH to look again in case I missed something. Don't want to go through that again!

Oh my gosh @TooPatient, what a stressful thing to go through! So glad your doggie is ok!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a text message from my son. He is back in the US and supposed to call me tonight. I have not actually heard his voice in nearly a year. So excited!

HOW WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!! You must have extraordinary patience!!! Enjoy every moment!!

cheers--Shaorn

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 I am so happy for you that you spoke to your son and he is safe and sound on US soil again. Thank you and a heartfelt thanks to him for his service. ❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results