carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient, @PreRaphaelite - I'm so very sorry for your losses :(sad

We just lost another one of ours. We knew she was declining, but we were hopeful... It's been a long few days.

I'm sorry. They really work their way into our hearts! Watching them decline and holding onto hope only to have to say goodbye is one of the most painful things I have ever experienced. Sending you hugs.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chemgirl, @SallyB, @missy, and @OboeGal, thanks for your input regarding the white water rafting / dinner bachelor party DH was going to attend today. We had a pretty quick and easy conversation last weekend. I laid out the risks that concerned me and, after asking him to reconsider, he agreed the trip wasn't worth the risks..

We'll figure out the wedding situation as the time approaches. I think our maximum length of attendance will be outdoor ceremony and maybe cocktail hour; no indoor / air conditioned parts. The bride and groom sent an email a few weeks ago to all invited explaining the schedule of events and covid adjustments / accommodations, saying they understood if anyone didn't feel comfortable attending some or all of the day, so I don't have any negative feelings about them.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
My dream of being an amateur gardener has died.

I planted a pepper plant at the beginning of summer. I hit some hurdles early on (like forgetting to water it, lol). But it was finally thriving.

Then last night, the deer in my neighborhood ate every single leaf :cry2: .

They feasted on my newly planted rose bushes too. Ate all the precious few flowers :cry2:.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to Covid (and hurting my foot) even when I’m on ‘vacation’ (spending time with family not going anywhere or doing anything) I have plenty of time to play around doing my nails.

D49D0F95-E17A-4769-BE96-CD1A506B4309.jpeg

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to Covid (and hurting my foot) even when I’m on ‘vacation’ (spending time with family not going anywhere or doing anything) I have plenty of time to play around doing my nails.

D49D0F95-E17A-4769-BE96-CD1A506B4309.jpeg

Very pretty!! :appl:

I (who never never wears nail polish) thought I could try doing my nails.

Then I had to get groceries and was the last person on this planet to know that hand gel destroys nail polish.
My mani lasted exactly 14 minutes.. Ugh

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Asscherhalo_lover I hope this doesn't creep you out but I had a dream about you last night! LOL. I have no clue why but I dreamt about you and while I do not remember the details we were in a pickle and we were helping each other to get out of said pickle. And we did it! Darn I wish I could remember details but man that was so funny because I never dreamed about a PSer before. And you rocked in my dream and I know you also rock in real life. :cool2:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!! :appl:

I (who never never wears nail polish) thought I could try doing my nails.

Then I had to get groceries and was the last person on this planet to know that hand gel destroys nail polish.
My mani lasted exactly 14 minutes.. Ugh

Thank you. This is gel polish and I have not noticed that the hand sanitizer is affecting the polish at all. I’m also much more careful to wash/brush under my nails when they get a little long. It stays on my nails pretty well though...I can often go more than 2 weeks and change it more because it is growing out and I’m tired of the same color.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. This is gel polish and I have not noticed that the hand sanitizer is affecting the polish at all. I’m also much more careful to wash/brush under my nails when they get a little long. It stays on my nails pretty well though...I can often go more than 2 weeks and change it more because it is growing out and I’m tired of the same color.

Nail envy!! Polish just doesn't last on me, neither does shellac and the likes (it just slides off my nails...) ... Gel is too much of a commitment.. So no polish it is, but I love to look at the pretty nails of PS

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
A bright spot at our house.:appl:
I am proud to say that my DS received a 5 on his AP Euro History exam! Not bad for his first AP test;))

He done good:lol:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
@kipari This is just like shellac....just other brands. My SIL has the same problem though...her gel polish just falls right off, sometimes hours after she puts it on. Mine sticks so much so that I use a peel off base coat now....and it still doesn’t peel off!!! If I use regular base coat or a primer/bonder I pretty much need a jackhammer to get it off. I would never do gel nails or acrylic....heard and seen too many people with completely destroyed nails.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Asscherhalo_lover I hope this doesn't creep you out but I had a dream about you last night! LOL. I have no clue why but I dreamt about you and while I do not remember the details we were in a pickle and we were helping each other to get out of said pickle. And we did it! Darn I wish I could remember details but man that was so funny because I never dreamed about a PSer before. And you rocked in my dream and I know you also rock in real life. :cool2:

That's so funny! We'll have to have a lunch when we are truly safe from COVID ♥️

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Saw a little Bee in my plants today: and that was a BIG joy for me. Please. PLEASE, carry on Bee Families, goodness knows you are needed.

And Spiders too (on my deck) me LUVS you too.

in solidarity with Bees, etc--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw a little Bee in my plants today: and that was a BIG joy for me. Please. PLEASE, carry on Bee Families, goodness knows you are needed.

And Spiders too (on my deck) me LUVS you too.

in solidarity with Bees, etc--Sharon

Rah rah for the bees! Lots of types of bees in my garden this year including bumblebees which nearly disappeared from my area. There is a good variety of helpful spiders too. I've got a black widow feasting on earwigs that would otherwise turn my pepper plants into twigs.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve decided to let the clover have it’s way in my yard. We‘ve have other house priorities and I was starting to feel like our yard was unkempt until I realized how many honey bees were hanging out in our clover yard! It really is like an oasis for them in a sea of chemically treated, perfectly manicured lawn spaces in our neighborhood. We have almost 2 acres so I may clean up the strip by the street and let the bees and clover have the rest.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve decided to let the clover have it’s way in my yard. We‘ve have other house priorities and I was starting to feel like our yard was unkempt until I realized how many honey bees were hanging out in our clover yard! It really is like an oasis for them in a sea of chemically treated, perfectly manicured lawn spaces in our neighborhood. We have almost 2 acres so I may clean up the strip by the street and let the bees and clover have the rest.

Happy bees and less maintenance! Love this! We have raspberries, blueberries, lavender, sage, and oregano that the bees absolutely love too. So cool to see them enjoy the flowers and sit on leaves with water drops :kiss2:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient will you be the software to my hardware?

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Happy bees and less maintenance! Love this! We have raspberries, blueberries, lavender, sage, and oregano that the bees absolutely love too. So cool to see them enjoy the flowers and sit on leaves with water drops :kiss2:

We have a section that has to be regraded and I’ll seed it with a clover mix seed. I actually researched so I could convince hubby of the benefits. In addition to feeding honeybees Clover/grass lawns are drought tolerant, naturally choke out broadleaf weeds, the roots are deeper so stays green without watering, until the 50’s clover was the sign of a good lawn! There are lots of reasons to keep clover!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have almost ZERO people to talk to about this....so I'm posting here:
I've emailed a tattoo artist about covering my tattoo. :eek-2: I know this seems small, but I've included a lot of questions/info (including current pics) and am hopeful that she'll respond. I have looked at her art on Instagram and really like what I saw. I don't want to go to the shop because I'm not in a spot to put down the deposit for the work. I figure the email is the easiest way to communicate and am hoping she responds. I did FB message a different artist last year, but no response (and I wasn't sold on her insta pics)....

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have almost ZERO people to talk to about this....so I'm posting here:
I've emailed a tattoo artist about covering my tattoo. :eek-2: I know this seems small, but I've included a lot of questions/info (including current pics) and am hopeful that she'll respond. I have looked at her art on Instagram and really like what I saw. I don't want to go to the shop because I'm not in a spot to put down the deposit for the work. I figure the email is the easiest way to communicate and am hoping she responds. I did FB message a different artist last year, but no response (and I wasn't sold on her insta pics)....

I hope she responds soon and is able to do what you would like.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes I mess with the Amazon Browsing history to make DH curious or amused. Today I looked up floating beer pong, books on beating alcoholism and outfits for ferrets.

Edited to fix typo...

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stumbled upon the ugliest and most impractical prongs ever... It's on auction locally... Who manufactured that? And who wore it???

Attachments

• IMG_20200724_150302.jpg
    IMG_20200724_150302.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone is feeling bored!

FB_IMG_1595594824916.jpg

216?
It can go a few ways here though.
My thought process is as follows.

9+9+3=21
10+10+10=30
5+5+5=15

So going from the above:
9+9X12
18 times 12 equals:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy
Look at the third picture carefully and pay close attention to your order of operations

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
216?
It can go a few ways here though.
My thought process is as follows.

9+9+3=21
10+10+10=30
5+5+5=15

So going from the above:
9+9X12
18 times 12 equals:

PEMDAS @missy this is my jam.
So unless there is a hidden symbol in here (which some of these are wont to do) the order of operations is Parenthesis, Exponents, *Multiplication/Division, *Addition/Subtraction

I don’t know how to add a spoiler alert so I will refrain from answering beyond my hint.

*whichever comes first - left to right.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results