shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m 72 and the doc said nothing about stopping. That seems dangerous, especially since one could easily live well into their 90’s.

That said, I just mailed in my Cologuard test kit yesterday! Good for screening to see if you need a follow up with a colonoscopy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m 72 and the doc said nothing about stopping. That seems dangerous, especially since one could easily live well into their 90’s.

That said, I just mailed in my Cologuard test kit yesterday! Good for screening to see if you need a follow up with a colonoscopy.

Love Cologuard. I was doing it before insurance was covering it. Of course it can’t catch polyps but it’s a good screening tool and for this colonoscopy adverse individual it’s better than nothing.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been procrastinating on booking my colonoscopy. Saw the surgeon, and she was supposed to get back to me with a date, but she had to confirm with my rheumatologist that I could even do the procedure because I'm on biologics and can't risk infection. I should be calling. You all have given me some courage, I will call today. My brother died after his colon cancer went into remission with treatment, then 3 years later it returned. I'm frightened about the whole process because of that, which may seem counter-intuitive.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been procrastinating on booking my colonoscopy. Saw the surgeon, and she was supposed to get back to me with a date, but she had to confirm with my rheumatologist that I could even do the procedure because I'm on biologics and can't risk infection. I should be calling. You all have given me some courage, I will call today. My brother died after his colon cancer went into remission with treatment, then 3 years later it returned. I'm frightened about the whole process because of that, which may seem counter-intuitive.

Good luck Lyra. I’m so sorry about your brother. If your doctor gives you the go ahead and you can schedule your colonoscopy I suggest scheduling it for the first appointment Monday morning when the equipment will be at it’s cleanest.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bleh @missy I didn't think there would be a cleanliness issue! I'm awaiting her call back. I get what you're saying though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bleh @missy I didn't think there would be a cleanliness issue! I'm awaiting her call back. I get what you're saying though.

Well, they’re not going to admit to this period. But I got this from someone who was involved in the hospital day to day running and it’s what she recommended to me. Yeah not pleasant a thought. Perhaps the reason I’ve not had one done yet despite being well over the age one should get their first colonoscopy. :/

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yes I agree. If that was the side effect for me I would have been thrilled cause I am also a non napper. Wish I could nap!

#nappingwouldbeblissful

Me too! I have to be really sick to nap...I actually missed practically a week of sleep a few months ago..so I did take a nap...Unfortunately I didn’t sleep at all that night..I can’t win! Haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Please get it done @lyra...Its not bad at all...The prep where you have to drink tons of liquid is the worse part. You’ll be asleep and when you wake up it’s done..I’m sorry about your brother...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck Lyra. I’m so sorry about your brother. If your doctor gives you the go ahead and you can schedule your colonoscopy I suggest scheduling it for the first appointment Monday morning when the equipment will be at it’s cleanest.

Yuck @missy! They have to sterilize that thing, right? I just looked up how they clean and disinfect the equipment.. I’m only partially relieved...Better to get an infection than to get cancer because I didn’t go.. :sick:

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy PLEASE go and get it done..I said it in a previous post..that it’s better to get an infection then to risk having a cancer because you didn’t go..I’ve had them many times and I didn’t get an infection..and neither did my husband who gets them more often than I do..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy PLEASE go and get it done..I said it in a previous post..that it’s better to get an infection then to risk having a cancer because you didn’t go..I’ve had them many times and I didn’t get an infection..and neither did my husband who gets them more often than I do..

I really appreciate your concern. Truly. I just am not ready mentally to do this. I had so many invasive procedures done in 2014 and such a challenging past 5 plus years that I need a break. And colonoscopy is far down on the list of things I want to do. I know I might be regretting that decision one day but hopefully I won't be. And maybe one day I will do it but at this point in time I don't plan on it. Now should I start having ominous symptoms/signs I would re-evalute my decision. And Cologuard is something. So far all good on Cologuard and I did 2 of them in the past 4 plus years.

Thanks Joanne. (((Hugs))).

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't risk that kind of infection, but my other options are limited. Can they look via MRI? I'm getting an MRI in August anyway. She said they could do a CT, but not with contrast dye because I'm allergic. Why are these things so hard when you're so scared anyway?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't risk that kind of infection, but my other options are limited. Can they look via MRI? I'm getting an MRI in August anyway. She said they could do a CT, but not with contrast dye because I'm allergic. Why are these things so hard when you're so scared anyway?

So I don't want to be the cause for you not to get a colonoscopy @lyra but I also don't want you to g-d forbid get an infection. Perhaps discuss in detail with the physician who will be performing your colonoscopy and see if he/she can rest your fears. Maybe they can take special precautions for you because you are at much greater risk of having complications.

IDK how accurate this info is but sharing FYI.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I think the long delay in the surgeon getting back to me is that she wasn't sure SHE would want to risk me getting an infection. So she's supposed to be conversing with my rheumatologist and my gp. Too many doctors are on this! I have an aversion to having too many medical appts. and/or any procedures. I think you feel the same. I even hate the phone calls and scheduling.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@lyra and @missy I really understand how you both feel. As a nurse I should be wagging my finger saying get it done, but honestly with my own health and having been prodded, poked, misdiagnosed along the way.....:(sad. Well, I just understand!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niffler75 I've been trying to get it done, lol. It's the doctors that are holding things up. I never got a call back today either. This is why the fear builds for me. If I know I have to do something on a specific date I can gear myself up for it. Not knowing makes me more afraid.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wonder if in real life the (overly and just for the sake of an argument as far as I see it) argumentative poster(s) are as aggressive. Maybe it is cathartic for her and she gets it out now so is calmer IRL?

1899429ix0yflafza.gif

:cry:

No, I'm not normally aggressive, online or anywhere else. I am deeply empathetic - too much so, I guess - and I'm lately finding myself so pained by what I see going on around me - the cruelty, the greed, the selfishness, the total lack of empathy - and so powerless to do anything about the suffering of so many that it's occasionally pushing me to be more aggressive than normal.

My apologies to those I've made uncomfortable.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:cry:

No, I'm not normally aggressive, online or anywhere else. I am deeply empathetic - too much so, I guess - and I'm lately finding myself so pained by what I see going on around me - the cruelty, the greed, the selfishness, the total lack of empathy - and so powerless to do anything about the suffering of so many that it's occasionally pushing me to be more aggressive than normal.

My apologies to those I've made uncomfortable.

Dear @OboeGal you are not the poster I am referring to. I think you are a lovely warm and kind person. I am not sure the thread you are referring to but please know I think you are a wonderful and kind person. As for too much empathy I hear you and feel you and am similar that way. It is a hard way to live sometimes. (((Hugs)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lyra and @missy I really understand how you both feel. As a nurse I should be wagging my finger saying get it done, but honestly with my own health and having been prodded, poked, misdiagnosed along the way.....:(sad. Well, I just understand!

@Niffler75 Yeah being in healthcare sometimes makes it more difficult because we know too much. :/
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

@Niffler75 I've been trying to get it done, lol. It's the doctors that are holding things up. I never got a call back today either. This is why the fear builds for me. If I know I have to do something on a specific date I can gear myself up for it. Not knowing makes me more afraid.

Ugh, I hope the doctors call you back today. It's not right that they aren't keeping you informed in a timely manner. Not knowing does make the fear and anxiety worse. I am sorry @lyra and hope today you receive the news you need.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I'm super excited because my fiancee and I are eloping on Friday; Valentine's Day!!!! But, I can't tell any of my friends IRL, so I have to spill the beans somewhere. We'd been planning on getting married for a year and a half and then we saw our opportunity to do something fun and spontaneous and we're going to do it. We are thrilled! I don't remember the last time I was this excited.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I'm super excited because my fiancee and I are eloping on Friday; Valentine's Day!!!! But, I can't tell any of my friends IRL, so I have to spill the beans somewhere. We'd been planning on getting married for a year and a half and then we saw our opportunity to do something fun and spontaneous and we're going to do it. We are thrilled! I don't remember the last time I was this excited.

Oh so exciting!!! Very happy for you @Tanzigrrl !!! Eloping is romantic. We eloped too. Sending you bucketloads of happy good luck dust for a marvelous day ❤️

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cool! Do it, its probably the best decision you can make (and probably funner in the long run!) Then have a bangup party.

I didn't have a "wedding" and was so happy to had not gone through the headache (I took a long lunch and we got married!)

Have a great time and congrats to both of you! (and we want pics!!)

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dear @OboeGal you are not the poster I am referring to. I think you are a lovely warm and kind person. I am not sure the thread you are referring to but please know I think you are a wonderful and kind person. As for too much empathy I hear you and feel you and am similar that way. It is a hard way to live sometimes. (((Hugs)))

Thank you, Missy - I really appreciate that. In the "Three Cheers for Nancy Pelosi" thread, I was debating with another poster strongly, and had been feeling concerned since then that perhaps I had been at best obnoxious, if not outright aggressive or even unkind. I never want to be like that. Based on my worries about that, I presumed incorrectly. My apologies for being paranoid and presuming.

It really is hard to be so empathetic. I'm not surprised that you feel that way as well - my perception of you is as a deeply empathetic person. In my case, it's set on such a "hyperdrive" setting that I feel much of the time that it's become a character flaw instead of strength, as it can easily interfere with my ability to be rational when it's needed or to even just get done what needs to be done. I'll keep trying to find the right balance between being assertive when I perceive that folks in this current divisive climate are spreading or perpetuating things about others that I know just aren't true while still channeling my inner Mr. Rogers!

(((Hugs))) back to you.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh, that IS exciting! Congratulations! I hope your day is wonderful and beautiful!

Honestly, I see so many couples dealing with so much pressure, stress, and expectations, both emotionally and financially, from the people around them when it comes to weddings that I've come to find eloping to be a seriously wise act of healthy self-care!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How exciting @Tanzigirl! Wishing you all the best - have a wonderful day and congratulations!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

Soo happy for you!

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I regret deeply for signing up for UPS delivery updates.

I get at least 5 notifications for every delivery.

The latest one was to inform me the delivery window was changed from "3 pm - 7 pm" to "2:45 pm - 6:45 pm". :wall::wall::wall:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The latest one was to inform me the delivery window was changed from "3 pm - 7 pm" to "2:45 pm - 6:45 pm". :wall::wall::wall:

I laughed out loud :bigsmile:
Please do let us know if they bump it further? I’m envisioning a couple more texts that converge on 2:39-6:39.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I laughed out loud :bigsmile:
Please do let us know if they bump it further? I’m envisioning a couple more texts that converge on 2:39-6:39.

LOL me too. The inaneness of life. Not sure that is even a word but it fits. Or one could just say the insanity that is life. Both inane and insane.

@GlitterInMyHair I would unsubscribe. Not worth it. Hope your delivery arrives by 2:45 though. That would be sweet. Is it by chance bling? 8-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results