shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I am so sorry for your loss. My two cats that I had (before my current furbabies) died within a month of each other. :cry2: It will get better with the passage of time. Sending virtual hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am so sorry for your loss. My two cats that I had (before my current furbabies) died within a month of each other. :cry2: It will get better with the passage of time. Sending virtual hugs!

Thanks @Niffler75 I am very sorry for your loss and heartbreak too. They live on in our hearts and one day, I hope, we will be reunited.

weonlywantedyou.png

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Why does everything have to be made so flippin' hard to get support if you have a child with additional needs? Endless form filling, telephone calls, speaking to people who do not understand your child's diagnosis, pointless meetings, statutory timescales missed, rights of a disabled child ignored.
I will jump through all their flaming hoops and go around the barriers put in my place to get what my child needs and is entitled to. Grrrr!
It just shouldn't have to be a fight! :cry2:
I will get off my soapbox now. :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why does everything have to be made so flippin' hard to get support if you have a child with additional needs? Endless form filling, telephone calls, speaking to people who do not understand your child's diagnosis, pointless meetings, statutory timescales missed, rights of a disabled child ignored.
I will jump through all their flaming hoops and go around the barriers put in my place to get what my child needs and is entitled to. Grrrr!
It just shouldn't have to be a fight! :cry2:
I will get off my soapbox now. :lol-2:

I feel you and I’m so sorry. You are right. It shouldn’t be such a fight. But it is. I don’t know what state you’re in but with each year it has been more challenging to say the least. As I told you I worked with developmentally disabled children and adults for over 2 decades and services kept getting cut. It’s a crying shame. I hope you can work it out and make the system work for you. It’s tricky but depending on your state it is still doable. Sending you lots of good wishes and hugs.

ETA just wanted to add a big part of the reason it’s so hard and they make you jump through hoops is because of the people who take advantage and ruin it for those who truly need it. Abuse is rampant in all fields. :(. So the good people, the ones who are honest and desperately need services are the ones who pay the price. Makes me so angry :x2

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy totally agree. Here in the UK there have been big budget cuts and services will get away with not providing adequate services and support if they think they can get away with it. Certainly in my area anyway. It's a crying shame, but just so fundamentally wrong!
But will put my boxing gloves on and carry on fighting and raising awareness. ;)2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Billie Eilish cleaned house. What a show :clap:

Also Demi Lovato was amazing, I'm glad she was able to pull herself from the depths of addiction.

Last edited:

alexah

Brilliant_Rock

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never answer the door but DH is expecting phones for work so when the doorbell rang I answered it. Big mistake, got roof people, they only want to speak to my husband also they are running a promotion but wouldn't give me any details. So I left s little note for when they come back to talk to "the decision maker" later lol!

IMG_7339.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never answer the door but DH is expecting phones for work so when the doorbell rang I answered it. Big mistake, got roof people, they only want to speak to my husband also they are running a promotion but wouldn't give me any details. So I left s little note for when they come back to talk to "the decision maker" later lol!

IMG_7339.JPG

:lol:

Love your sign. Reminds me of the time I was pleading with the delivery person to please ring our bell. Hahaha

9E19BD64-483A-40DF-879C-4A593AE830CD.jpeg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_7339.JPG

Best.sign.ever! :lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_7339.JPG
[/QUOTE

I made DH install a peep hole in the door for me, at my eye level.
Now, if I don't recognize the person, I don't answer.
We also have a convenient upper level window, so we can look down and see the person who is ringing the bell.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made DH install a peep hole in the door for me, at my eye level.
Now, if I don't recognize the person, I don't answer.
We also have a convenient upper level window, so we can look down and see the person who is ringing the bell.

I think Kenny started a thread a while back king if we answer the door when we aren’t expecting anyone. If I’m not sure who it is I don’t answer if I’m alone. But even if my dh is here that won’t do any good if the person has a gun or something like that. What a world we live in SMH that we need to think about this stuff.

It’s good sense to have a peephole or camera bell etc. Anything that helps you stay safe.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I bet the note on the door worked though, I'm hoping they don't come back! I was incensed though that they wouldn't talk to me even though my name is also on the deed. Do they not realize in a marriage the woman has equal if not more say? This is not the 50's!

@JPie and @stracci2000 to be fair I got this idea from the great internet so can't take credit. We have a window right next to the door and usually I will sneak a peek but I just don't answer the door ever. Typically people know "if you don't call or have the code to the door, you aren't getting in".

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to the shelter to visit a couple of cats - a bonded pair of big black boys, ten and eight years old. They're so sweet - the younger one came over for snuggles within five seconds. He licks chins when he's picked up.

The older one is a purring machine, but he can't walk - he didn't even want to stand. When we propped him up he was very low on his hocks - very unstable. He's lost a ton of muscle in his hindquarters. He was apparently adopted out and returned nearly immediately - he came back to the shelter December 20th. The previous owner took him to their vet and their report has no notes on this, and it's really impossible to miss, which means that whatever it is, it's developed within the last month. Having just lost one cat to acute kidney disease, and another who's chronic kidney disease has been progressing much too quickly the past few months - I know what that looks like. Kidney issues or unchecked diabetes seem like the most probable diagnoses.

I've asked the shelter to do a CBC. I'm very concerned that the shelter staff didn't see this until we pointed it out... Apparently he was in a kitty condo for a long time, which restricts movement... But still... Hoping, hoping it's something treatable.

I feel like an awful person for saying that I'm not sure I'm up for a third round of kidney disease. But I'm also not sure I could leave him there knowing what's coming, if that's what's going on. If he's only got a few weeks left - is it better for him to disrupt his life yet again? And what about his bonded mate - is it better to leave him there to bond with another cat, and then bring that pair home? I'd like to say that whether or not we bring these boys home, we'll be paying for his treatment... But that's a blanket statement that I can't make. There's no dollar limit to how much I'll spend on my babies - the only limit is what's humane and reasonable. There is definitely a dollar limit to how much I'll spend on Random Shelter Cat. I'm not hugely proud of that fact, but.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to the shelter to visit a couple of cats - a bonded pair of big black boys, ten and eight years old. They're so sweet - the younger one came over for snuggles within five seconds. He licks chins when he's picked up.

The older one is a purring machine, but he can't walk - he didn't even want to stand. When we propped him up he was very low on his hocks - very unstable. He's lost a ton of muscle in his hindquarters. He was apparently adopted out and returned nearly immediately - he came back to the shelter December 20th. The previous owner took him to their vet and their report has no notes on this, and it's really impossible to miss, which means that whatever it is, it's developed within the last month. Having just lost one cat to acute kidney disease, and another who's chronic kidney disease has been progressing much too quickly the past few months - I know what that looks like. Kidney issues or unchecked diabetes seem like the most probable diagnoses.

I've asked the shelter to do a CBC. I'm very concerned that the shelter staff didn't see this until we pointed it out... Apparently he was in a kitty condo for a long time, which restricts movement... But still... Hoping, hoping it's something treatable.

I feel like an awful person for saying that I'm not sure I'm up for a third round of kidney disease. But I'm also not sure I could leave him there knowing what's coming, if that's what's going on. If he's only got a few weeks left - is it better for him to disrupt his life yet again? And what about his bonded mate - is it better to leave him there to bond with another cat, and then bring that pair home? I'd like to say that whether or not we bring these boys home, we'll be paying for his treatment... But that's a blanket statement that I can't make. There's no dollar limit to how much I'll spend on my babies - the only limit is what's humane and reasonable. There is definitely a dollar limit to how much I'll spend on Random Shelter Cat. I'm not hugely proud of that fact, but.

Aww @yssie I understand. And I hope and pray this sweet shelter cat will be OK. That it isn't something life ending or quality of life ending :( You are not an awful person for not wanting to take this on should it be something so serious. Keeping good thoughts and hoping the shelter kitty and his bonded buddy are going to be OK and that you guys can adopt them and give them a wonderful life and that they still have a good number of happy healthy years left. Thank you for considering adopting older cats. I have decided next time we adopt it will be an older animal for sure. (((Hugs))) @yssie

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I bet the note on the door worked though, I'm hoping they don't come back! I was incensed though that they wouldn't talk to me even though my name is also on the deed. Do they not realize in a marriage the woman has equal if not more say? This is not the 50's!

It doesn't surprise me @StephanieLynn. I don't expect too much from people who earn their living harassing others so yeah I am not shocked. LOL consider yourself lucky these losers didn't want to speak with you. Ugh. Hope the sign keeps all the riff-raff away.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An old colleague of mine died in the middle of the night of a heart attack. He was in his late 40s.

We weren't close by any means, but man, it really puts things in perspective.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata had 3 maRTINIS for dinner. She had biopsies of her lady bits today to determine if she has cancer. She has dubious pleasure of informing DH that doctr said "nothing should be inserted into your vagina for a week." Matata'ss alter ego Amatito wrote this. Mahybe we need a 24 hour post. Matata wants all lady bits removed and thrown in trash regardless of gtest results. Dr. is not so sure. MaTATA needs a nap. Amatito wants nother martini.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata had 3 maRTINIS for dinner. She had biopsies of her lady bits today to determine if she has cancer. She has dubious pleasure of informing DH that doctr said "nothing should be inserted into your vagina for a week." Matata'ss alter ego Amatito wrote this. Mahybe we need a 24 hour post. Matata wants all lady bits removed and thrown in trash regardless of gtest results. Dr. is not so sure. MaTATA needs a nap. Amatito wants nother martini.

Oh no. Oh my goodness. I am praying all is okay with MaTATA!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kisses & hugs marvelous Yssie, Do you remember when me met at PS gathering years ago in Vegas? I do,. You are a special human and I appreciate your intellect and insight even when we don't agree. My lady bits are grateful for your attention.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course I do!! And I gotta say I'm glad we agree mucch more than we disagree because you're awful sharp yourself ::)

Time for another martini? Please share the results, if you're comfortable... Your lady bits are in my thoughts; I'll let you know if they creep into my visuals. ::HUGS::!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
;Hugs" back atcha. I will be mortified (and maybe a bit ego-centrically satisfied) if my lady bits inform your dreams. Nothing like a Disney version of dancing uteri and singing ovaries contributing to a good nite's sleep :bigsmile:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m sorry you’re going through this and I hope your results are negative.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
’m sorry you’re going through this and I hope your results are negative.

Thanks JPie, It seems that the issue is common is post-menopausal women so I'm not too worried; it's just the anticipation and the darn discomfort of some medical procedures that send me into self-pity forget-how-to-put-on-my-big-girl-panties mode.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks JPie, It seems that the issue is common is post-menopausal women so I'm not too worried; it's just the anticipation and the darn discomfort of some medical procedures that send me into self-pity forget-how-to-put-on-my-big-girl-panties mode.

I’m pretty sure you’re fully allowed to indulge in self-pity under the circumstances. Just make sure you’re not drunk texting too much. ;-)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata, I’m praying for negative results so you can put this behind you. We all go thru self-pity forget to put on our big girl panties when dealing this stuff and are waiting for test results. Feet in the stir-ups isn’t my idea of a good time. I hope the martini’s are helping a little tonight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results