shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to buy a coat. Whats a good place for cheap coats. You don't find a lot of coats in my part of Florida...lol.

Costco!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say that I am very very lucky.... Two weeks ago i was washing my hands and all of a sudden I felt that my ring scratched me badly and indeed I saw the palm of my hand bleeding. After I took care of the wound I took a look at my ring and realized that one of the side stones was missing. Needless to say that I felt that I was going to lose my mind. I checked everywhere in the house and I even looked in the trap under the sink but the diamond was nowhere to be found. I was soooooo sad both for losing my side diamond and seeing my ring in this condition. A few days later I was telling the story to my brother on the phone and he went and told my dear sister in law. The next day my brother called again and said that my sister inaw was so sad and upset about what happened to my ring (she is a bling lover too!!) and that she has a feeling that the diamond might be in my handbag. When I heard that I thought to myself: yeah, right.... and went on with my usual activities. Then, later that day I had to go out and decided that I had to change handbags. I started emptying my bag that I use when I go to court and then at the bottom of it i saw something sparklingOh, my God! My amazing sister was right!!! I had found the diamond exactly where she thought it would be!!!! The next day I went to my jeweler who had custom made the ring for me and asked him to repair it. This time he put four prongs on the side stones instead of three that he had put initially. The ring came out better than it was before!!!! I'm so excited to have it back on my hand!!!! Just wanted to share this happy story and a photo of my ring with my PS friends....

Yay!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to buy a coat. Whats a good place for cheap coats. You don't find a lot of coats in my part of Florida...lol.

I want to live in a place where you don't need coats. I have a dozen of them for each season!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

New season of The Crown is simply yummy.

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to live in a place where you don't need coats. I have a dozen of them for each season!

I normally live in such a place...lol But I also lived in a place where having a coat wardrobe was necessary. (ditched them all!) haven't purchased a new coat in many years though and you just don't see that big of a selection in South Florida. Need one for my visits to DC and KC.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WTF parents? YOU can't communicate with your child about the project information that they ALREADY HAVE????

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WTF parents? YOU can't communicate with your child about the project information that they ALREADY HAVE????

Seems like a lot of parents have trouble communicating with their kids even on simple matters. Must make being a teacher very difficult!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seems like a lot of parents have trouble communicating with their kids even on simple matters. Must make being a teacher very difficult!

I was wondering why they couldn't just forward the info....:think:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been wondering why there’s fur in all my leftovers lately. Been rinsing the dishes before use... even though they always look fine...

You know what I didn’t think to check?

The underside of the plate cover that we use in the microwave.

E93D2CB6-F2EB-48FF-A94A-C043411999FB.jpeg

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been wondering why there’s fur in all my leftovers lately. Been rinsing the dishes before use... even though they always look fine...

So stinking cute :kiss2:
A little fur in the food was worth it for this photo!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Mamabean!

@stracci2000, on one hand I am relieved and very thankful to have a job but yes working nights is going to be a big adjustment for everyone. They said I'll probably be working 3 night a week but I plan on trying to maintain the same schedule even when I'm not working. So far that looks like working from 12-6 being up during the day, getting the kids home and sleeping from 4-11pm. Is it going to work? No idea. Gotta start somewhere though. DH's biggest concern in all of this is having to sleep alone!

Any updates on that job, Steph? Just thinking about you......

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, so I worked one overnight shift and by the end of it I could hardly walk out of there. I underestimated greatly how physically demanding it would be and in the past few months have developed plantar fasciitis so standing and walking on concrete for six hours was too much.

All that to say that I am again looking for a job. DH told me afterwards he really didn't want me working nights. Also let's be honest and say he has gotten used to just having to work and not worry about most of the other stuff because I take care of all the rest.

I did apply for a cleaning job which was a couple towns over and four hours five days a week but it was filled by the time I applied. Finding a job is miserable, not because I don't want to work, the whole process is just exhausting.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm having Turkey day anxiety! My parents are here in the States for their first Thanksgiving, and though I'm really good at side dishes, my turkeys are always mediocre at best....I want everything to be perfect, and I'm stressed out!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:kiss2: Oh my goodness...….super cute trout in the milk.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having Turkey day anxiety! My parents are here in the States for their first Thanksgiving, and though I'm really good at side dishes, my turkeys are always mediocre at best....I want everything to be perfect, and I'm stressed out!

Good luck! Try finding a turkey rub to use before putting him in. I use Emeril’s Turkey Rub. Delicious.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is turkey requsite? A lot of people don't care for turkey...………...alternatives to diminish the stress?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, so I worked one overnight shift and by the end of it I could hardly walk out of there. I underestimated greatly how physically demanding it would be and in the past few months have developed plantar fasciitis so standing and walking on concrete for six hours was too much.

All that to say that I am again looking for a job. DH told me afterwards he really didn't want me working nights. Also let's be honest and say he has gotten used to just having to work and not worry about most of the other stuff because I take care of all the rest.

I did apply for a cleaning job which was a couple towns over and four hours five days a week but it was filled by the time I applied. Finding a job is miserable, not because I don't want to work, the whole process is just exhausting.

Well, maybe that was for the best. Working overnight is for the birds. I totally hated it.
I was hanging sale tags in the grocery store. A thousand tags have to go up overnight, before the store opens on ad day.
I would always be bitter, thinking to myself---"Here I am, hanging tags on ice cream, when everybody else is in bed.....this is so stupid!" I hated hanging tags in frozen foods, with your head in the freezer doors. It would be SO COLD, my fingers would be numb.

Anyway, I understand your angst when looking for a job. I recently tried to get a part time retail position, and they didn't want me because I already had another job. They wanted their job to be priority. What? Really? They missed out, because I would have been their best employee.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boy that is really crap, what difference does it make if you have two jobs as long as you do both well? DH is really pushing me to go work at Home Depot because he did it years ago and loved it, but he is also a people person.

I can't even imagine hanging all the little tags in the freezer and any job like that doesn't really pay well. This job did pay an extra dollar and hour for working overnight but you can't put a price on sleep! @stracci2000

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn , I have mostly healed my plantar faciitis using gel toe separators I bought on amazon. You start out wearing them for small increments of time while you're resting. Then work your way up in time. You only wear them in the house, not in your shoes, although there are sock type ones for that. Give it a try. I get a lot of relief, and have been able to wear a few different pairs of shoes now.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lyra, gosh thanks so much for the recommendation. I have the gel inserts I just found at the store and they do work but I can't go without shoes so it seems my feet have become dependent on them. I'm going to order those toe separators and maybe hopefully be able to go barefoot again with time.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg!!! I found an old box of letters and photos from my teen years, and I was such an idiot back then! I found letters from a boy I liked who kept telling me not to waste my time on him, but I didn't get the message, and I was all "I'm not wasting my time! Don't worry about it!" - so innocent! - until eventually he wrote, "Please stop wasting your time on me." Ouuuuuuuuuuch! LOL!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I have an update! The store called and offered me a shift working from 6-10 as a personal shopper. So I'm going to give that a go, granted there are quotas to meet but it's less hours on my feet without heavy lifting so maybe I'll be better at this.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I have an update! The store called and offered me a shift working from 6-10 as a personal shopper. So I'm going to give that a go, granted there are quotas to meet but it's less hours on my feet without heavy lifting so maybe I'll be better at this.

Good news!
Is this Peapod or another store? 6-10 am or pm?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still Peapod and 6-10pm, sorry that last post was a bit unclear!

Much better hours! This will be better for you and the family.
And they called you, so they still want you!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I agree! I bought a very lightweight down jacket there last year..I think it’s Eddie Bauer..I should have bought a few more! I love mine!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I agree! I bought a very lightweight down jacket there last year..I think it’s Eddie Bauer..I should have bought a few more! I love mine!

I have at least 3 Costco coats and I just got an icy blue Columbia fleece from them. I also just ordered Celine Dion purses from Costco! I love Celine and they are on online now! I ordered a few and then will decide hopefully on 1 to keep and return the others.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have at least 3 Costco coats and I just got an icy blue Columbia fleece from them. I also just ordered Celine Dion purses from Costco! I love Celine and they are on online now! I ordered a few and then will decide hopefully on 1 to keep and return the others.

They’re great! I’m going there tomorrow to get my mom’s eyeglasses..They have everything..

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AAAAAAHhhhhhhh bomb cyclone hitting us right now. Wind gusts at 70 mph, winds at 50 mph. Trees whipping all around, branches falling, gusts sound like bombs when they hit the house. I HATE wind, hate it, always hated it. Multiple ambulances and firetrucks keep speeding past my house. Road conditions in the mountains, just 45 minutes up the road, are a mess. My poor cats are slinking around the house on their bellies, pupils dilated, wondering what that roaring sound is all about.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results