shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have a good line of active wear. Called Gapfit. They fit me like a dream and are so comfy. I hang around in them and even run errands in them occasionally. They look nice and neat and are so comfortable but I already mentioned that. I value comfort so it I get excited when I find something that looks good and feels good too. I just searched for you but not sure they are the exact same pants I love. They seemed to have changed a bit but here you go. And it's 40% off now.

https://www.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=1005439&mlink=1007604,,flyout_fit_Capris_Leggings

My favorite are the Gap Fit flare leg. They run big so order down.

I did an Internet search for these, missy. Very nice. They look like slacks one could wear anywhere. Some of the other gapfit things (leggings) could have got me into buying more leggings, though, and I have no more drawer space for leggings. So I had better stay away from that website. Is it to leggings that all of you gals are addicted? I was just buying mine in solitude and without knowing what brands were "in"! I have some Spanx and some Athleta leggings I like. All high waist and wide waistband.

AGBF

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did an Internet search for these, missy. Very nice. They look like slacks one could wear anywhere. Some of the other gapfit things (leggings) could have got me into buying more leggings, though, and I have no more drawer space for leggings. So I had better stay away from that website. Is it to leggings that all of you gals are addicted? I was just buying mine in solitude and without knowing what brands were "in"! I have some Spanx and some Athleta leggings I like. All high waist and wide waistband.

AGBF

I have no clue what brands are in either and buy what is comfy and what looks good on me. I love leggings and they are a staple in my wardrobe. I wear them as tights with my dresses in the cooler weather. I get my leggings from American Apparel and have them in a multitude of colors. I am not sure if AA stores are still around as most of them by us have closed but I believe their online presence is still alive. I have so many pairs that I am good for probably a decade or more for leggings. The price is also quite reasonable and they are a workhorse in my wardrobe. My favorite AA leggings are the Jersey Cotton leggings. Waist falls right below belly button and it is very comfortable. They also make a high waisted legging if that is what you prefer Deb.

http://www.americanapparel.com/en/

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They also make a high waisted legging if that is what you prefer Deb.

Ha ha. My millenial daughter makes fun of me and will never put on a pair of my jeans, even when she fits in a pair of my larger ones! Although I wear hipster underpants (she hates that word), my blue jeans have to come up to my waist and I like my leggings to accentuate my waist! She wears everything low. Of course. I am just not that generation, although I do have some low slung leather belts. ;))

AGBF :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently bought these. They are very comfortable and very attractive. I never had leather (or, as in this case, "faux leather") pants or leggings before. I decided to walk on the wild side. They wash and wear very nicely! They are by Spanx.

SpanxFauxLeatherleggings.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently bought these. They are very comfortable and very attractive. I never had leather (or, as in this case, "faux leather") pants or leggings before. I decided to walk on the wild side. They wash and wear very nicely! They are by Spanx.

SpanxFauxLeatherleggings.jpg

I like those! Here are my highest waisted leggings from American Apparel. The Jersey cotton leggings fall a bit lower below the belly button but this one might appeal to you as it is right at the belly button...high enough for you perhaps?

jailhouseleggingslol.jpg

I call these my jailhouse leggings. But my dh calls them my hamburglar pants hahaha. I rarely wear them but they are fun.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Grrr.....hubbs to me: I was thinking about the you wanting a bike thing....how about we look at getting a bowflex... :evil: No. I don't want a fancy treadmill thing...a bike sounds more fun

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a little sad because a ring I ordered 2 day priority registered mail seems to have gone missing in the USPS system. I hope it just wasn't scanned and it still arrives as originally scheduled. And that it wasn't lost or stolen. Fingers crossed.

Yay it arrived. No photos yet from me but here it is for all of you who cheered me up while I was waiting. A true vintage skinny french cut band. It's small but it is the perfect addition to Bubbalah when I want to add more bands during cooler (and finger shrinking) days.

frenchcutband.jpeg.png frenchcutbandprofile.jpg.png frenchcutbandperspective.jpg.png

It was never scanned at its point of origin despite being sent registered, signature required ad 2 day priority. Took 5 days with no scanning. But it arrived so yay!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grrr.....hubbs to me: I was thinking about the you wanting a bike thing....how about we look at getting a bowflex... :evil: No. I don't want a fancy treadmill thing...a bike sounds more fun

A bike *is* more fun. Tell dh you are getting a bike.
bikebikebike.gif

And he can get the Bowflex thing he wants. Because it sounds like that is what he wants. But you want a bike. So win win. Bike for you and Bowflex for him.=)2

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
My husband has decided he doesn't want us to eat meat because he feels bad about the animals, which I get. But he's very tall, and I have no idea how he's going to sustain himself. He also hates most vegetables so I have no idea what we're supposed to be eating. I have enough ideas to get us through the week, after that I don't know.

I'm also surprised at how hard it is to get people to respond to things. I offered to volunteer at the local free library, left my phone and email, never heard back. Offered to volunteer at the new Democrats headquarters in the tiny town down the road. Never heard back. Applied for an unpaid job with the township. Crickets. Contacted several jewelers about getting quotes for my ring, all PS approved vendors. Got no response from anyone. Starting to think it's me.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A bike *is* more fun. Tell dh you are getting a bike.
bikebikebike.gif

And he can get the Bowflex thing he wants. Because it sounds like that is what he wants. But you want a bike. So win win. Bike for you and Bowflex for him.=)2

I may end up doing this. I think he saw my reaction was not positive, I'll try to explain to him that the bowflex (at one time I said looked interesting) would be boring. The bike would be way more fun. :D

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband has decided he doesn't want us to eat meat because he feels bad about the animals, which I get. But he's very tall, and I have no idea how he's going to sustain himself. He also hates most vegetables so I have no idea what we're supposed to be eating. I have enough ideas to get us through the week, after that I don't know.

I'm also surprised at how hard it is to get people to respond to things. I offered to volunteer at the local free library, left my phone and email, never heard back. Offered to volunteer at the new Democrats headquarters in the tiny town down the road. Never heard back. Applied for an unpaid job with the township. Crickets. Contacted several jewelers about getting quotes for my ring, all PS approved vendors. Got no response from anyone. Starting to think it's me.
Its definitely not you..It’s them for sure! :kiss2:

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
Its definitely not you..It’s them for sure! :kiss2:

Hey, I got a partial response today! Things are looking up!

I think a lot of these places asking for volunteers either don't need the people they say they do, or they don't have the organization to handle when people respond. I'm so type A it's hard for me to understand, but I've learned not to be surprised.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooooo Im gonna say it (because its true), but some people only eat the ugly animals. it makes them ok with it. (my husband's sister is this way kid you not...lol)

I do eat less meat as I get older, its more because it can be harder to digest. But because of my medical needs meat of some type is a necessity . Speaking of medical I had a very odd medical emergency last night.

I think some of you all know I'm hypoglycemic. Its a real pain in the ass and one of the reasons why eating meat is kind of essential for me, and my diet is mostly low/med GI foods because it helps me stay off the roller coaster (but yes I do enjoy pizza on occassion, I gotta have some fun somewhere!!)

Anyway last night I was on the phone with my mom, out of the blue I started to sweat and babble a bit, but I also got ringing in my ears which wasn't normal. so I hurry up and take blood sugar so I can assess.... Omg, it was 57mg/dl which is just a wee bit too low. apparently I messed up somehwere. some cranberry/pineapple juice got me back to something on the normal side but even after dinner I struggled to get to 90mg/dl. today was better but low 70's. my ideal is 80's but 70 aint 50 so I guess I'll take it. (though I have really nasty tiredness)

I don't know what caused that drop but it was pretty darn sudden and the fight to get back to my normal is just...odd. A1C tests are unreliable for me because they're always low (i.e., they're never normal).

I'll have to keep a close eye over the next few days to see if any weird patterns develop.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Soooooo Im gonna say it (because its true), but some people only eat the ugly animals. it makes them ok with it. (my husband's sister is this way kid you not...lol)

I do eat less meat as I get older, its more because it can be harder to digest. But because of my medical needs meat of some type is a necessity . Speaking of medical I had a very odd medical emergency last night.

I think some of you all know I'm hypoglycemic. Its a real pain in the ass and one of the reasons why eating meat is kind of essential for me, and my diet is mostly low/med GI foods because it helps me stay off the roller coaster (but yes I do enjoy pizza on occassion, I gotta have some fun somewhere!!)

Anyway last night I was on the phone with my mom, out of the blue I started to sweat and babble a bit, but I also got ringing in my ears which wasn't normal. so I hurry up and take blood sugar so I can assess.... Omg, it was 57mg/dl which is just a wee bit too low. apparently I messed up somehwere. some cranberry/pineapple juice got me back to something on the normal side but even after dinner I struggled to get to 90mg/dl. today was better but low 70's. my ideal is 80's but 70 aint 50 so I guess I'll take it. (though I have really nasty tiredness)

I don't know what caused that drop but it was pretty darn sudden and the fight to get back to my normal is just...odd. A1C tests are unreliable for me because they're always low (i.e., they're never normal).

I'll have to keep a close eye over the next few days to see if any weird patterns develop.
I’m glad you’re okay..I hope you can figure out what caused the drop. Can stress do it? I hope you feel better soon..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay it arrived. No photos yet from me but here it is for all of you who cheered me up while I was waiting. A true vintage skinny french cut band. It's small but it is the perfect addition to Bubbalah when I want to add more bands during cooler (and finger shrinking) days.

frenchcutband.jpeg.png frenchcutbandprofile.jpg.png frenchcutbandperspective.jpg.png

It was never scanned at its point of origin despite being sent registered, signature required ad 2 day priority. Took 5 days with no scanning. But it arrived so yay!
Yay! I’m so happy for you! I don’t know how I missed this! It’s perfect for Bubbalah! So pretty! Can’t wait to see it with her!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is how I feel too. I would prefer not eating animals at all but this past year has proven challenging with how/what to eat and for now I must continue being a pescatarian. But I don't like eating animals including fish. Being a vegan (which I was for a very long time) can actually be inflammatory for some people (google plant paradox) so it can be a challenging issue for some of us.

Hey, I got a partial response today! Things are looking up!

I think a lot of these places asking for volunteers either don't need the people they say they do, or they don't have the organization to handle when people respond. I'm so type A it's hard for me to understand, but I've learned not to be surprised.

Glad you received a response even if it was only part. I am with you. I'm also Type A and have gotten disappointed in the past (you know that saying no good deed...)but I have learned not to get my hopes up and not expect people to respond the way *I* would respond. My dh taught me this valuable lesson about expectations because people were often disappointing me. Not getting our hopes up is the best defense against being disappointed. Good for you for wanting to volunteer for a worthy cause and for not letting roadblocks get in your way.:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Arcadian sending you healing hugs and good thoughts. Hoping you can easily and effectively monitor your low blood sugar and are feeling much better today. It is a challenging health concern and I hope it is under control.

A thought as to why your HgA1C might be low and your occasional blood sugar high is because HgA1C is an average blood sugar over a few months whereas any blood sugar reading of the moment is just that. A snapshot of that moment in time. So overall you are low but occasionally you go high so that might not affect your HgA1C if you are low more than you are not. If that makes sense.

Healing vibes being sent your way and (((hugs))).

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m glad you’re okay..I hope you can figure out what caused the drop. Can stress do it? I hope you feel better soon..

Stress, coffee, menopause, allergies, all kinds of funky stuff. :roll2::lol-2: I'm still not totally feeling like myself but moreso than I did yesterday, so I'm on the road to feeling better. My hands/feet/joints are just a mess though..very very swollen.

Scary though I wonder about all the red tide around here.... Not saying it could do it but...it could, never know. Plus there's what they call a non specific AID that they've not yet figured out...

But my honest feeling is that because I went through chemotherapy treatments years ago for cancer, some of what Im dealing with now could very well be caused by that stuff. Chemo back then was not as targeted as it is now.

Thanks @missy, Working away but still trying to take care of myself. I have Dr appt next month so they should find all of this very interesting.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stress, coffee, menopause, allergies, all kinds of funky stuff. :roll2::lol-2: I'm still not totally feeling like myself but moreso than I did yesterday, so I'm on the road to feeling better. My hands/feet/joints are just a mess though..very very swollen.

Scary though I wonder about all the red tide around here.... Not saying it could do it but...it could, never know. Plus there's what they call a non specific AID that they've not yet figured out...

But my honest feeling is that because I went through chemotherapy treatments years ago for cancer, some of what Im dealing with now could very well be caused by that stuff. Chemo back then was not as targeted as it is now.

Thanks @missy, Working away but still trying to take care of myself. I have Dr appt next month so they should find all of this very interesting.

I'm sending dust, prayers, and good thoughts, Arcadian. I am so sorry.

AGBF

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
This is how I feel too. I would prefer not eating animals at all but this past year has proven challenging with how/what to eat and for now I must continue being a pescatarian. But I don't like eating animals including fish. Being a vegan (which I was for a very long time) can actually be inflammatory for some people (google plant paradox) so it can be a challenging issue for some of us.

Glad you received a response even if it was only part. I am with you. I'm also Type A and have gotten disappointed in the past (you know that saying no good deed...)but I have learned not to get my hopes up and not expect people to respond the way *I* would respond. My dh taught me this valuable lesson about expectations because people were often disappointing me. Not getting our hopes up is the best defense against being disappointed. Good for you for wanting to volunteer for a worthy cause and for not letting roadblocks get in your way.:appl:

He's decided to give up red meat through the end of the year, and then transition to being a pescatarian next year. I've never been much of a meat eater, but I will miss chicken parmesean and the occasional nice steak. I want to be supportive, but I couldn't go along with not buying leather. I don't need to eat meat, but I draw the line at having a plastic handbag, not to mention he needs nice shoes for work.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's decided to give up red meat through the end of the year, and then transition to being a pescatarian next year. I've never been much of a meat eater, but I will miss chicken parmesean and the occasional nice steak. I want to be supportive, but I couldn't go along with not buying leather. I don't need to eat meat, but I draw the line at having a plastic handbag, not to mention he needs nice shoes for work.

I hear you. I tried buying faux leather and it makes me sweat and so far I have been unable to find a good faux quality brand that wears well. So what I do now (I haven't eaten meat for well over 3 decades-no red meat, no chicken, etc) is I don't buy new leather goods. I will however buy vintage leather as I rationalize I am not killing any new animals. Of course we all do what makes sense for us and what we can live with. I also have tons of leather goods from past decades so really do not even have a need to buy anything new/more. But there are always exceptions so I don't generalize and I never (haha) say never or always. Within reason I do what I can and what I can make peace with and try not to judge others. Because who am I to judge anyone else? I follow my own moral compass and don't put my expectations on others. My dh eats meat and chicken and turkey and pork etc (not a lot but occasionally) and I am OK with that. It is his right to eat as he sees fit and not to follow my beliefs.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I gave up beef, pork, and lamb (I think it was lamb) for a while a few years ago. It may be more than a few years ago, now. I still ate chicken as well as fish. It wasn't a well thought out plan. I just couldn't bear the idea of killing cows, pigs, and sheep. I gave it up although I do not eat veal. (Again: not well thought out.) I should be a vegetarian. I would be if it would actually save all animals. I hate this discussion. I cannot talk about this topic rationally.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg! I want it all! There actually was a diamond cluster in there that would make a beautiful ring. :roll2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg! I want it all! There actually was a diamond cluster in there that would make a beautiful ring. :roll2:

There was only one thing in that catalogue that piqued your interest, Mamabean? ;))

Deb/AGBF

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
There was only one thing in that catalogue that piqued your interest, Mamabean? ;))

Deb/AGBF
No..I want everything and I mean it! I was literally drooling over the pictures...sigh This place is BAD BAD BAD..and now I’m hooked. There’s no way to save me now..:P2

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No..I want everything and I mean it! I was literally drooling over the pictures...sigh This place is BAD BAD BAD..and now I’m hooked. There’s no way to save me now..:P2

I am so glad to have another sister in crime. :))

Deb :wavey:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, nice find! I like the lapis and pearl dangle earrings; sapphire and diamond diamond dangle earrings; ruby, emerald, sapphire and diamond bracelet; and sapphire and diamond necklace and earring set. I had to stop at the gorgeous diamond floral necklace and next page of emeralds. So much to like there!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results