shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I don't have much other than pale and pink. Even if I "get a bit of color" it is still super pale.

I decided to return #1 as it really depends on the right light to look good and I don't want something else to just sit in a drawer. I got the double bars in white gold. Not quite like the picture, but similar feel (I was bad and didn't take pictures since I was sure of #1 so had to resort to Google images for something close...). So far, I like it. Not fancy. Just a little pretty for days I don't want to bring out the nicer stuff.

It's the perfect everyday necklace to add a little beauty to the day. Enjoy.:appl:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t want to start a whole new thread on this, but just give a ‘shout out’ about it, really.

I couldn’t find my usual Dawn Platinum dish soap at the grocery store when I last went, so I grabbed this instead:
88B2C5C5-38ED-49B9-9663-C65A7FFFC9B2.jpeg

I decided to give my e-ring a soak in it to see how it compared to my usual Dawn, and let me just tell you - I think this is better (for quick everyday diamond cleaning). My diamond looked so clean and sparkly, and the OEC facets were reflecting light and the surrounding colors like a mo-fo! I usually give my ring a quick soak in a drop of dish soap & hot water in the morning, then a quick soft brushing, and rinse, and the difference was really noticeable! I got the same result with my daily wear studs as well. I think I might be saying goodbye to Dawn Platinum, and hello to Palmolive Oxy from now on! Just wanted to share ... :wavey:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm struggling with how to word a thank you note! My daughter's boyfriend's mom passive aggressively gave me a gift for no reason. She treats my daughter (and her own son) very poorly. Words fail me. I've never met the woman. She was abusive to her son such that he required therapy. His stepfather beat him, she simply sent him to live with his dad in the US, who didn't want him there. Ay yi yi. I was pissed she was playing head games with my daughter, but to include me now, I don't know, because I don't take things lightly. So what do I say? Thank you for the gift. It was much appreciated. Regards, Lyra. PS I'm giving the item to goodwill. :eek2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would probably put lovely or generous gift (if it was one or the other) in the note. Keep it short and sweet, send it, done. Seems kind of strange that she would send a gift if you have never met. Has your daughter been dating her son for a long time? I’m wondering if she is hoping to improve the relationship with her son.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, she's not trying to improve anything. They've been dating for a year but their both 30, so it's definitely a serious thing. She doesn't think they should be so serious or anything. My daughter isn't allowed "upstairs" in her house, lol. Her son spends a lot of time at our house. They've talked a lot about marriage and kids. His mom is not aware of that.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm struggling with how to word a thank you note! My daughter's boyfriend's mom passive aggressively gave me a gift for no reason. She treats my daughter (and her own son) very poorly. Words fail me. I've never met the woman. She was abusive to her son such that he required therapy. His stepfather beat him, she simply sent him to live with his dad in the US, who didn't want him there. Ay yi yi. I was pissed she was playing head games with my daughter, but to include me now, I don't know, because I don't take things lightly. So what do I say? Thank you for the gift. It was much appreciated. Regards, Lyra. PS I'm giving the item to goodwill. :eek2:
Thanks witch, for your stab that was disguised as a gift. I’m throwing it in the trash as soon as I’m done writing this letter.

Go **** yourself,
Lyra.

Edit: Some homeless person will surely love your “gift” as I am donating it to Goodwill...

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the gift. As you know, the greatest gifts of all are my daughter and your son. I'm blessed to have them both in my life.

- @lyra
OMG! I will have to struggle so hard not to just copy this! I will for sure show it to my daughter. For the record, her son was deeply embarrassed about giving me the gift, but said he had no choice, it was forced on him. Daughter is not having it. She will get a kick out of what you wrote.:mrgreen2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great post Pinto Bean!

Lyra, Her son is 30 and she doesn’t think he should be in a serious relationship??? Oh your poor daughter!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the gift. As you know, the greatest gifts of all are my daughter and your son. I'm blessed to have them both in my life.

- @lyra

Oh you're good pinto...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gee whiz. I decided to play music while I showered and guess what I take shorter showers! I move to the beat as opposed to standing there day dreaming and dawdling and wasting water! Tonight I showered to this :lol-2:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

- @lyra
I love this So much for real life application.

PB...I have the biggest girl crush on you. :kiss2: So much fabulousness wrapped into one human, how is it possible?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I've discovered organic cauliflower--and it is out of this world. I could eat the whole head, raw, in one sitting! Super yum! http://josiesorganics.com/

cheers--Sharon

I love the organic cruciferous veggies. Though I can't eat them raw (they can be goitrogens when raw) but grilled they are super scrumptious. Super yum is right.:lickout:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanna say why are so many people incompetent at what they do for a living? Is it that they just don't care? That is my gut feeling. Because all these people cannot be that stupid. ;( Grrrrrrrrr.:blackeye:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I let my 14-year old wear my 0.40 pendant today for her last day of junior high. It looked so pretty on her young neck, I think I may just gift it to her as a graduation gift and get a new one of my own! :lol: It was kinda neat to be able to SEE it on someone else instead of not seeing it on myself, KWIM?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been in so much pain, was misdiagnosed, went through two oral surgeries only to find out today (after 6 weeks of excruciating pain/numbness) that I have trigeminal neuralgia, which is AKA as the suicide disorder since the pain is so searing. Hoping my neurologist finally got to the bottom of this and hope to recover soon. She said it could take six+ months and/or become chronic. I've lost my entire spring season in pain.
Oh, and apparently those two surgeries were likely unnecessary AND rhis was probably brought in by trauma from the Novocain shot during the original refill of a lost filling. :angryfire:
Anyone else have any experience with this?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I've discovered organic cauliflower--and it is out of this world. I could eat the whole head, raw, in one sitting! Super yum! http://josiesorganics.com/

cheers--Sharon
Inremember going Apple picking as a kid and we walked over to another field on the farm which had rows of cauliflower. It was so fun picking a head to take home.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been in so much pain, was misdiagnosed, went through two oral surgeries only to find out today (after 6 weeks of excruciating pain/numbness) that I have trigeminal neuralgia, which is AKA as the suicide disorder since the pain is so searing. Hoping my neurologist finally got to the bottom of this and hope to recover soon. She said it could take six+ months and/or become chronic. I've lost my entire spring season in pain.
Oh, and apparently those two surgeries were likely unnecessary AND rhis was probably brought in by trauma from the Novocain shot during the original refill of a lost filling. :angryfire:

Ugh I am so sorry @Sandeek.:cry2: Nothing to share with you about this but sending you good thoughts and healing vibes and gentle hugs. Hope you find relief soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I let my 14-year old wear my 0.40 pendant today for her last day of junior high. It looked so pretty on her young neck, I think I may just gift it to her as a graduation gift and get a new one of my own! :lol: It was kinda neat to be able to SEE it on someone else instead of not seeing it on myself, KWIM?

You're a good mama! Nice gift and woohoo on getting a larger pendant just for you. Please share pics when you do.:appl: And congrats on your DD graduating Jr High and entering HS!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry for you. Nothing worse than head/mouth pain. Healing vibes across the miles.

cheers--Sharon

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing at all serious. I always thought pet strollers were a joke and a cash grab. Today I am looking at pet strollers. Our chi Lola, who turns 10 this year, has knee and neck problems and can't go walking with the boys anymore. I hope she won't be freaked out by a stroller. Maybe it IS a dumb idea, yet I'm going to try it. You never know. She might enjoy it? :eek-2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am looking at pet strollers
I've taken my savannah cats for walks in strollers their entire lives and they love it. They are leash trained but because they're so distinctive looking, we couldn't get too far without being stopped by people who wanted to know about them. Drivers would even pull their cars over to ask about them and that got too freaky so I switched to strollers.

If Lola is suspicious of new things, leave the stroller in the house for a few days so she can check it out and sit in it then start with short walks until she adapts. My bet is that she'll love it right off the bat. Good luck and let us know how it goes -- with pictures of course.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lyra, Please report back on how your dogs deal with the stroller. I’ve been considering getting one for our fur baby. I have been warned to be extremely careful as we have raccoons, foxes, geese that we are in our yard daily. There is a disease that dogs can get if she were to eat there feces or urine. The vet said all she would have to do is lick her paw if she’s had stepped in it to get the disease. She is too small to get the vaccination for this disease. She is trained to use a pee pad in our garage. My parents dog wanted nothing to do with the stroller but I have a friend that said her dogs loved the stroller. I’m very interested to hear how your babies dealt with the stroller.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My neighbors walk their dogs in strollers and I think they’re all nuts. When you ladies talk about it...i think you’re perfectly reasonable. This just goes to show that I am far more fond of you than I am of my neighbors!

:kiss2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lyra...You might also want to buy a package of pee pads to line the bottom. It's easier cleanup than scrubbing the removable pad that usually comes with the strollers. I purchased my strollers from Pet Gear -- highly recommend. https://www.petgearinc.com/products.asp?cl=8

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My neighbors walk their dogs in strollers and I think they’re all nuts. When you ladies talk about it...i think you’re perfectly reasonable. This just goes to show that I am far more fond of you than I am of my neighbors!

:kiss2:

I haven’t bought one yet @House Cat but am seriously thinking about it. When she was about 2 years old she got sick with and we were afraid we would lose her. She didn’t eat or drink anything for 4 days. She had to be given liquids under her skin by the vet. We spent everyday at the vet for a week. I’m the first to admit I am nuts when it comes to my furbaby. How has Honey been feeling?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Matata for the recommendation. I'm not rushing into this. I'm still researching. I can't find any store to try one out with Lola. If she hates it, there won't be any returns from Canada. We're worried that it might scare her, and if she moves too suddenly she will definitely hurt her neck. She's very impulsive! It can't be tippy either. She is the loudest on the way to the vet btw. She sits with the other two in the back seat and yells "Ow, ow, ow!" all the way there.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing at all serious. I always thought pet strollers were a joke and a cash grab. Today I am looking at pet strollers. Our chi Lola, who turns 10 this year, has knee and neck problems and can't go walking with the boys anymore. I hope she won't be freaked out by a stroller. Maybe it IS a dumb idea, yet I'm going to try it. You never know. She might enjoy it? :eek-2:

Haha love this idea @lyra. I have often wanted to take my kitties for a walk but they are not as evolved as @Matata's beautiful and smart Savannah kitties. And to boot we are always seeing people with their dogs on their bikes around here. Just yesterday (and we are all going to fast for me to get pics unfortunately) we saw a man and his 2 dogs on the back of the bike in side baskets. So cool. @Calliecake they were the same breed as your sweet pup and I thought of you. I don't know if your furbaby would like that though.

Anyway another vote for yes try it out and probably Lola will love it once she gets over her initial hesitation.:appl:

brooklyngirlsdog.gif

Good luck!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t bought one yet @House Cat but am seriously thinking about it. When she was about 2 years old she got sick with and we were afraid we would lose her. She didn’t eat or drink anything for 4 days. She had to be given liquids under her skin by the vet. We spent everyday at the vet for a week. I’m the first to admit I am nuts when it comes to my furbaby. How has Honey been feeling?
Oh goodness, I am so sorry you have been through so much with your furbaby!
That is one of the things I love most about this forum...everyone’s love for their pets.

Honey is fantastic! She’s back to being her old self which is a big dog in a tiny dog’s body...until the toaster beeps! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results