shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Um, ok, got an answer....super exciting and yet so super scary. Prayers for how to best continue....Nothing bad, just different. :shock:

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
This is the 3rd time in 15 weeks that I've gotten a cold. I started a brand new job in February and <blammo> I'm sick all the time. I used to be a 1-2 colds per year person, now I'm sick all the time. I don't work in a petri dish, what is the problem? Please let this cold be the final one for the remainder of this year. This is ridiculous. It's really upsetting me.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there maybe something in the building causing it? This is the fourth year I've worked in this building and this is the fourth year I've been sick all school year. I'm fine on long breaks, like spring break, summer break, christmas, I've been home for a week w/influenza and the "cold" symptoms have been gone, and when I was off for bereavement, I was fine. There's something in the building.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tanzigrrl said:
This is the 3rd time in 15 weeks that I've gotten a cold. I started a brand new job in February and <blammo> I'm sick all the time. I used to be a 1-2 colds per year person, now I'm sick all the time. I don't work in a petri dish, what is the problem? Please let this cold be the final one for the remainder of this year. This is ridiculous. It's really upsetting me.
packrat said:
Is there maybe something in the building causing it? This is the fourth year I've worked in this building and this is the fourth year I've been sick all school year. I'm fine on long breaks, like spring break, summer break, christmas, I've been home for a week w/influenza and the "cold" symptoms have been gone, and when I was off for bereavement, I was fine. There's something in the building.
It could be that the HVAC system has not been cleaned out :errrr: :nono: and nasty things are blowing around the building. What I would suggest is a small desk humidifier especially if the building is on the dry side to keep the dust and other ick down on the ground with the moisture pushing it down.

Also, when I used to travel, I'd always develop a cold. I suspected a combo of airplane air quality and the hotel HVAC. So far, this has really helped - saline nasal gel up the nose before I get on the flight. Since I'm staying in a hotel - I will reapply before bed. For your purposes, I would try a squirt before you head out for the day, and carry it in your bag for a "touch up" if necessary.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Luckily (kinda but that's a whole 'nother story) our preschool is moving up to the elementary building this next school year. I have 11 more school days to deal w/this and then hopefully it will be better next year.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to say that I really love this thread. Its a great place to tell some things that you have going on or just want to mention without a huge new topic. There is going to be a HUGE change coming soon, and I'll post hopefully tonight/tomorrow about it. I really want to share the information but need to do somethings first.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1463146672|4031208 said:
I have to say that I really love this thread. Its a great place to tell some things that you have going on or just want to mention without a huge new topic. There is going to be a HUGE change coming soon, and I'll post hopefully tonight/tomorrow about it. I really want to share the information but need to do somethings first.
I love your mysterious posts, Cozystitches! Lots and lots of lucky dust!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Tanzigrrl|1463056643|4030665 said:

What are your symptoms? Could it maybe be allergies?
I'm sorry that you're not feeling well :blackeye:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1463152450|4031254 said:
Cozystitches|1463146672|4031208 said:
I love your mysterious posts, Cozystitches! Lots and lots of lucky dust!

:whistle: :lol: :D I'm glad you like them! Now to dispel the mystery:

I got a new job! I'm leaving my current school at the end of the school year and going to a new school. Way exciting but I'm also totally terrified!!! :-o I told my principal today. Um it was not a great conversation. :(sad

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! How exciting for you!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the new job! :appl: I'm sure your principal would have preferred to keep you there for longer. :wall: However, you have to do what's best for you! :dance:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations cozystitches!!! Now be mysterious about something new - it's quite fun when you're mysterious!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1463447379|4032494 said:
Congratulations cozystitches!!! Now be mysterious about something new - it's quite fun when you're mysterious!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Me mysterious?!?!?! That's hilarious! :D Ok....hmmm....mystery....uh...no clue! ;-) :loopy:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches,

Congratulations on the new job! :appl:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks December Fire :D

Now for some randomness....

I feel like a horrible mom. :blackeye: So my daughter's birthday is in April, we celebrated super early for her and made her this cool stepping shelving system. She loves it. The day of her birthday, I totally spaced and didn't wish her happy birthday until she reminded me. :( Now to make matters worse, my son's birthday was yesterday and I didn't wish him happy birthday until someone else reminded me. ;( No real excuse other than it's the last day of school and yesterday was 8th grade promotion. Ugh. And add to his frustration is the going to a new school which he's not happy about. His teacher told me that he was struggling with that. ;(

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches,

Congratulations! You're a normal Mom! :appl:

Feeling like a horrible mother is part of being a mom.

We've all been there at one point or another. Some of us even have VIP status for being frequent guests in the Land of Terrible Moms. :lol:

You're teaching your children that you're human and can get overwhelmed by lots going on.

Apologize and hug it out.

Hugs to you!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1463575043|4033178 said:

I feel like a horrible mom. :blackeye: So my daughter's birthday is in April, we celebrated super early for her and made her this cool stepping shelving system. She loves it. The day of her birthday, I totally spaced and didn't wish her happy birthday until she reminded me. :( Now to make matters worse, my son's birthday was yesterday and I didn't wish him happy birthday until someone else reminded me. ;( No real excuse other than it's the last day of school and yesterday was 8th grade promotion. Ugh. And add to his frustration is the going to a new school which he's not happy about. His teacher told me that he was struggling with that. ;(

Cozy, not a mom but I did something MUCH worse! The year I was studying for the CPA exam my brain was just totally occupied with all things debit and credit. I finished the last part of the exam in October. In early November when normal brain functions started to return I said to the CB (who I had been dating for three years at that point) "Wait -- when's your birthday?" September 28. Oops.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1463579558|4033195 said:
Cozystitches|1463575043|4033178 said:

Cozy, not a mom but I did something MUCH worse! The year I was studying for the CPA exam my brain was just totally occupied with all things debit and credit. I finished the last part of the exam in October. In early November when normal brain functions started to return I said to the CB (who I had been dating for three years at that point) "Wait -- when's your birthday?" September 28. Oops.

Dee*Jay, you're also human! :lol:

I was quite busy the Christmas my daughter was 3 yrs old and my son 1 yr old. After the usual Christmas Eve of visiting relatives to drop off gifts, getting home late, getting the kids to bed, last minute Christmas stuff, I was up until the wee hours Christmas morning wrapping gifts for the kids. I carefully printed each tag with the name of the child and 'Love, Santa' (my daughter could read).

Christmas Day, after opening all the gifts, my daughter asked me why there were no gifts from me. :shock:

Yup. No Mother-of-the-Year Award. Santa had been extremely generous. But Mom. Not a single gift. :doh:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1463581824|4033208 said:
I was quite busy the Christmas my daughter was 3 yrs old and my son 1 yr old. After the usual Christmas Eve of visiting relatives to drop off gifts, getting home late, getting the kids to bed, last minute Christmas stuff, I was up until the wee hours Christmas morning wrapping gifts for the kids. I carefully printed each tag with the name of the child and 'Love, Santa' (my daughter could read).

Christmas Day, after opening all the gifts, my daughter asked me why there were no gifts from me. :shock:

Yup. No Mother-of-the-Year Award. Santa had been extremely generous. But Mom. Not a single gift. :doh:
This is really funny :lol: :lol: :lol: and super endearing! :saint:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Now to add more mystery for PintoBean....

I am waiting funds from my mini bonus to purchase somethings....they are small and have color... :appl: And no one had better have purchased them already... :devil: I'm just sayin' they've been in my "cart" for a while....

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1463784434|4034191 said:

I am waiting funds from my mini bonus to purchase somethings....they are small and have color... :appl: And no one had better have purchased them already... :devil: I'm just sayin' they've been in my "cart" for a while....
:lol: :lol: :lol: plenty of skittles to go around! :loopy:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1463840795|4034416 said:
Cozystitches|1463784434|4034191 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: plenty of skittles to go around! :loopy:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I had to read that several times before I understood..... :wall: Coffee hasn't kicked in yet....now I wonder what's the mm size of a skittle???? :think: I'm sure they're pretty low on the Mohs scale.... :whistle: :wink2: :lol: :loopy: :loopy:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish the forum had a place you could scroll thru member screen names. There's a ring I want to look at and I can't quite remember the full screen name so I can't search for it. argh.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1463890245|4034655 said:
I wish the forum had a place you could scroll thru member screen names. There's a ring I want to look at and I can't quite remember the full screen name so I can't search for it. argh.

Any chance they are online? Check out the list at the bottom of the page of current users online and maybe you will find the screen name...?

ETA: Yanno, just out of idle curiosity I just went and read the list of online participants and I don't know three quarters of them LOL. Totally an aside, but ten years ago I could read the list and know 90%!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1463890245|4034655 said:

Do you remember some part of the screen name?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was like...Chaz or Chazzz..Chazman or something. Not someone who still posts, sadly. I have a picture of it but wanted to see the whole thread again. I was trying to draw a setting idea last night (and boy if that wasn't a laugh riot) and this ring just popped in my head, what i was drawing reminded me of it.

pinchedring.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1463951459|4034897 said:
It was like...Chaz or Chazzz..Chazman or something. Not someone who still posts, sadly. I have a picture of it but wanted to see the whole thread again. I was trying to draw a setting idea last night (and boy if that wasn't a laugh riot) and this ring just popped in my head, what i was drawing reminded me of it.
I FOUND IT I FOUND IT I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!! Under the split shank thread!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-thanksgiving-proposal.130671/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-thanksgiving-proposal.130671/[/URL]

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
GAH thank you!!!! I was kinda close on the name!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:dance: :dance: I am dipping my toes into the world of Colored Stones :dance: :dance: I have purchased 2 stones from Jeff Davies and I'm scared because of my inexperience. I love the color on both, I've read quite a bit. I purchased a sapphire (it's heated, but it was inexpensive and I love the purple color) and a topaz. These are my first colored stones and I just hope that they will be nice. Now to wait their arrival....anyone know how long it takes to ship from Jeff to AZ???

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah... I've re-entered the CS world too! I just bought a bunch of 5mm cabs from a vendor so that I can get yennyfire type earrings made, skittles style!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results