shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
If thin mints didn't come in two separate packages in the box, I would eat the eat the entire box in one sitting. As it is, I eat the entire box in two sittings. :nono:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
princesss|1305131447|2918602 said:
Sevens were on Gilt today. I miiiiiight have bought a pair. They'll go great with my awesome new sunglasses that I spent way too much money on.

Urgh. Somebody smack me, please. I'm eating rice and beans and tuna forever (and by "forever" I mean "for the next week" because then it's pay day). On the plus side? I have a few returns that should hit the bank account soon AND this is all fun money and not needed anywhere but my savings account. But NZ is coming up and there are a few things I want for the trip that I'm now $99 farther away from...

I can't smack you, because I did the same thing when I was fresh out of college and doing my own thing. I spent almost ALL of my "food budget" on clothing/shoes/accessories back then! I don't regret it ONE. LITTLE. BIT. I looked AWESOME back then and felt great. I might have been eating rice and beans for the most part, but I had lots of lunch and dinner dates! ;)) Now is the time for you to embrace your youth and have FUN. (I know you to be a really responsible person financially as well, Princesss!) These are some of the best times of your life. Go YOU! :appl:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I need vegetable growing secrets. My okra is failing so far. The only thing I've been successful with are bok choy and jalapenos in pots, and my papaya tree is doing ok. HELP!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1305523924|2922829 said:
princesss|1305131447|2918602 said:
Sevens were on Gilt today. I miiiiiight have bought a pair. They'll go great with my awesome new sunglasses that I spent way too much money on.

Urgh. Somebody smack me, please. I'm eating rice and beans and tuna forever (and by "forever" I mean "for the next week" because then it's pay day). On the plus side? I have a few returns that should hit the bank account soon AND this is all fun money and not needed anywhere but my savings account. But NZ is coming up and there are a few things I want for the trip that I'm now $99 farther away from...

I can't smack you, because I did the same thing when I was fresh out of college and doing my own thing. I spent almost ALL of my "food budget" on clothing/shoes/accessories back then! I don't regret it ONE. LITTLE. BIT. I looked AWESOME back then and felt great. I might have been eating rice and beans for the most part, but I had lots of lunch and dinner dates! ;)) Now is the time for you to embrace your youth and have FUN. (I know you to be a really responsible person financially as well, Princesss!) These are some of the best times of your life. Go YOU! :appl:

Love you, Monnie! The jeans should come sometime this week and I'm SUPER excited. I'll have them for my birthday and will totally rock them. And I'll have them for my trip to NYC for Memorial Day. :D

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1305123451|2918458 said:
I have to take my cat to the vet tomorrow :sick: .

Last time I took him he peed in his carrier on the way over and ... pottied in it on the way home :(( .

It was all over him. We had to give him a bath...the whole thing was not my idea of a good time
and I'm really not looking forward to it. ;(

I see this is too late to help you, but...

puppy training pads. I wrap one around the cushy pad in the carrier, and it makes clean-up a whole lot easier! (wrap it diagonally, the long tails under the cushion will keep it in place.)

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
Not sure where else to post this and I just feel like ranting. I've been looking for a new setting for an antique diamond I have. I found a beautiful antique platinum one complete with gorgeous engraving and milgrain with some tiny diamonds in the profile on eBay. I contacted the seller to ask some questions then made an offer and when they declined I made another offer for a bit higher, then they declined again, and I asked what the lowest offer was that they'd be willing to take which they promptly responded something along the lines of, "sorry, we can't take anything lower than what is listed." At that point I looked at the listing and saw that they'd taken the best offer option down. I asked about the hallmarks on the ring along with what percentage of platinum it was made of and they told me that they don't go by the hallmarks for metal purity and that the item was in a safe at their shop and they would get back to me tomorrow.

I haven't heard from them all day (nor did I reply to their last message) so I decided to take a look again at the listing. To my surprise, they raised the price by almost $500! Ugh. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing from them. The setting was nice, but the pictures were a bit blurry anyways and to top it off the seedy replies just turned me off. :angryfire:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Aaaaaand the jeans didn't fit. I guess this material isn't as forgiving as the other pair I have in the same style/size. Dang. AND Gilt only does credit, not a refund SO I either wait for another jeans sale or see if there is anything that makes me feel pretty.

I'm leaning towards see if there's anything that makes me feel pretty.

OOH! It looks like I might be able to get a refund after all! SWEET!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1305594309|2923566 said:
Aaaaaand the jeans didn't fit. I guess this material isn't as forgiving as the other pair I have in the same style/size. Dang. AND Gilt only does credit, not a refund SO I either wait for another jeans sale or see if there is anything that makes me feel pretty.

I'm leaning towards see if there's anything that makes me feel pretty.

OOH! It looks like I might be able to get a refund after all! SWEET!

Find something that makes you feel pretty.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanna say that I absolutely love the day after DH gets home from a long business trip...it always means sleeping in until late and a whole day of being relaxed...

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Strangely obsessed with Lonely Island's "Jack Sparrow" featuring Michael Bolton.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love my new climbing shoes! My friend J got them for me for my birthday and we got to play with them yesterday. They're black and hot pink and say "Rockstar" and I'm in love with them.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
strange..how come this thread is not in BOLD letters?... :confused:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Check me out...........................

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<---------------------------------1000!!!

So when do I get my 5 carat AVC set by Leon?????????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

(I talk sooooo much how did it take me this long???? :lol: )

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Congrats susi! I think that all the time... I'm always like wheeeeeeere are my posts going? HAHA! :wavey:

Hot tea in the Florida Summer... yup... there's something wrong with me.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay Susimoo!

I think you've got another 999,999,000 to go before you get the big one!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
dragonfly411|1306243481|2929037 said:
Congrats susi! I think that all the time... I'm always like wheeeeeeere are my posts going? HAHA! :wavey:

Hot tea in the Florida Summer... yup... there's something wrong with me.

Hey DF :wavey:

Thank you! I am thrilled at my new improved status!!! :praise:

I love hot tea, any time of year!! Nothing wrong with that!!! :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty|1306246120|2929064 said:
Yay Susimoo!

I think you've got another 999,999,000 to go before you get the big one!

VR, only 999,999,000 more???????? :-o :-o :-o

I need a ghost writer, cos I sure do want that Leon!!!! :bigsmile:

:wavey:

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
I was just attempting to schedule a meeting and realized that I am going to be the ONLY person in my work group actually in the office on Friday! I'm really, really hoping that the areas my groups supports also have a high level of vacation takers or Friday is going to SUCK!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to specify "hold the sour cream" when I ordered my tamale lunch today.

I am fully aware that sour cream has virtually no nutritional value and should basically just be applied straight to the thighs.

But oh my goodness -- it is certainly delicious!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Armchair diagnoses REALLY bug me.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Probably an unpopular opinion, but home fireworks should be banned!

Some kids were setting them off in the parking lot and my cat Riley is traumatized! He started running towards me and then a particularly loud one went off and he just froze and peed all over himself. I've spent the better part of my evening trying to wash him. Now he thinks he's been bad and he's sitting under a chair, looking at the ground whenever I come near him. Poor guy.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1306278059|2929465 said:
Armchair diagnoses REALLY bug me.

Stout? Lager?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
There is a deer that has been visiting our road recently and today I realized he's a boy. He has velvety antlers sprouting in. He's SO PRETTY! Too bad he's become a neighborhood buddy :naughty: . He really is gorgeous though and I think they're so pretty in velvet.

April20

Ideal_Rock
DH got me totally hooked on The Event and I just figured out it's been cancelled.... After we watched the season, I mean SERIES, finale. Dang it all!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
April20|1306294224|2929663 said:
DH got me totally hooked on The Event and I just figured out it's been cancelled.... After we watched the season, I mean SERIES, finale. Dang it all!

Wait, what??? We've watched the show religiously every week and had no idea it had been cancelled.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1306293490|2929651 said:
df - aww ::)

my dad set up a deer cam - he's caught them eating the tulips and grape plants. He set up this wire fence thing to stop them - they shredded it and kept gnawing happily for a good hour.

Want.

Dress1.jpg
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62982834/natural-patchwork-silk-and-wool-scarf?ref=v1_other_1

Yssie - There are complementary plants he could plant that would help keep them at bay b/c they don't like the smell. He could also try putting cans along the fence lines. If they hear them they get scared and don't want to jump the fencing. Another option is for him to find another oppressive scent that he could put out, such as a carnivorous scent, or even leaving articles of his clothing that he's recently worn along the fences. Deer are very wary and don't like change.

At least you don't have my current problem, which is a skunk coming to the front porch to smell our new roses. It STINKS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results