shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1295382532|2825974 said:
Hi Hi!!! I am back, and jet lagged like a champ! Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone!!! :)
:appl: Hey there! I was wondering when we'd hear from you again. How was your trip? I can't wait to hear all about it.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Zoe|1295382693|2825980 said:
Hi Hi!!! I am back, and jet lagged like a champ! Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone!!! :)
:appl: Hey there! I was wondering when we'd hear from you again. How was your trip? I can't wait to hear all about it.

LOL, yeah, I kind of fell of the face of the earth!!! Well, it was AMAZING. Really. The only thing I am trying to deal with now is the jet lag. I flew for over 34 hrs on the way home. It really messed me up. LOL, I didn't really have too much jet lag on the way there but man, coming home is a TOTALLY different story. Here is a teaser pic before I post up the rest:

jelly..jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1295369803|2825803 said:
Love the cake plate princess!!

VR - That's FANTASTIC about your kitty!

I don't want a full thread for this, but could use some horsey dust. One of our horses injured his leg quite severely on Thursday afternoon. I spent Friday with him and the vet. He's on stall rest for an extended time with steroids and pain killers. This could be something that would cause him chronic problems though. :((

Poor horse! Dust, dust, dust! I will try to send him reassuring vibes through the ether. Poor guy!

Please update, is he better?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't want a full thread for this, but could use some horsey dust. One of our horses injured his leg quite severely on Thursday afternoon. I spent Friday with him and the vet. He's on stall rest for an extended time with steroids and pain killers. This could be something that would cause him chronic problems though. :((

Oh no DF, I'm so sorry to hear about this, I'm sending lots of dust his way for a quick and full recovery.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
vintagelover229|1295032821|2822836 said:
PS Ilander: Did you figure out why the street lights go out for your DH? It happends to me (then they go back after I've passed, so I know its not the light buring out...and it happens to more than one street light...like the whole street as I walk near them. Then after I pass them, they go right back on. Get near the next one, off again. After I'm past it, back on. So on and so fourth). At first I thought it was broken sensors...but wouldn't they turn ON and not OFF when someone goes by? And other ppl walk by them and nothing happens (i've watched!).

No, never did figure it out. Do you have any idea? I find it odd.

he takes it as a sign that he's "going in the right direction" with his life, so I guess that works. This happens to him in the deepest, darkest night, so it's not like it's dusk and the light sensors are wonky.

Let me know if you find out anything, VL!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

Welcome back! (although I am not sure that is the right sentiment since you were where I am now?) lol :D

Can't wait to hear about your trip!!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
HOT- I loved Perth!!! Loved it! What a great town. I really enjoyed Fremantle, mainly for Little Creatures and various fish and chips places. :)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
YAY! Welcome back, Renee! I misseded you.

purselover

Ideal_Rock

Lots of DUST df

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the dust. So far he's in good spirits, though he seems bored. He stopped eating this morning but I know it's because he can smell the medicine powder in his food. We're going to add molasses to mask it.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
princesss|1295449848|2826624 said:
YAY! Welcome back, Renee! I misseded you.

I missededed you, too. :) Hooray for being back!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1295441226|2826539 said:
HOT- I loved Perth!!! Loved it! What a great town. I really enjoyed Fremantle, mainly for Little Creatures and various fish and chips places. :)

We stayed in Fremantle when we visited Perth. I loved Fremantle! And the fish and chips!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strawdermangrl|1295383170|2825988 said:
Zoe|1295382693|2825980 said:

LOL, yeah, I kind of fell of the face of the earth!!! Well, it was AMAZING. Really. The only thing I am trying to deal with now is the jet lag. I flew for over 34 hrs on the way home. It really messed me up. LOL, I didn't really have too much jet lag on the way there but man, coming home is a TOTALLY different story. Here is a teaser pic before I post up the rest:

I knew that gooey looking thing had to be a jellyfish. Eeeewwwwww!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1295472621|2826955 said:
Renee - welcome back!!!

It just wasn't the same without you kid, and that's the truth!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Okay, my random post for the day is....

o, why dear Gilgamesh, must thee be so hard to read, o dear Gilgamesh, how i wish to thee, that Thy would understand Thee...o weep, dear world, for passages are not taken nor written lightly.O Giglamesh, sitting so quietly on thy table, in thy study. Why must thy head be not ready, for thee wonders , which thee will show me. O what must thee do, to open thy mind?

End Random Comment.......o, if you ahvent caught on, im reading The Epic of Gilgamesh

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Bee* We have a friend that runs the backpackers hostel in Fremantle and that is also where the boat is. :) I spent many a late afternoon at Little Creatures. Sigh. I miss it already!!!

MC- good to be back!!!

GG- <3 the jellyfish. Love it.

Ok, so I am working on getting the images put together and I am going to do a post about my adventure. Had a lot go on and covered a lot of ground!!! I am looking forward to heading back!!!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
gemgirl|1295485138|2827166 said:
MC|1295472621|2826955 said:
Renee - welcome back!!!

It just wasn't the same without you kid, and that's the truth!

awwww...*kicks feet around* shucks. <3

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want Twinings Peach Tea *so* badly. I fell in love with it a couple of years ago and couldn't find it again - I guess it went into limited production or something? And I've *found* it again.. on Amazon..

I can't believe I am seriously contemplating spending $35 on four boxes of 25 tea bags. Not-specialty, not-exotic tea bags. Seriously.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
All dressed up and nowhere to go...

I need to stop making plans with flaky friends on work nights. I swear, this girl is going to drive me insane.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1295534785|2827571 said:
Bee* We have a friend that runs the backpackers hostel in Fremantle and that is also where the boat is. :) I spent many a late afternoon at Little Creatures. Sigh. I miss it already!!!

That sounds great!! DH's parents hired a house when we went. It was like something you would see in Cribs-it had it's own lift and it was absolutely huge. I would love to go back, although I think I preferred the East Coast.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
A girl that I worked with years ago who also happened to be a friend of my DH's passed away a couple of days ago. She had secondary cancer from a skin cancer she had cut out of her back. The time from discovering the secondaries to now was 3 to 4 months.

She was 31 and leaves behind a husband, daughter who is 4 and a baby son. I never really took skin cancer seriously but now I do. :(sad

princesss

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1295605594|2828533 said:
A girl that I worked with years ago who also happened to be a friend of my DH's passed away a couple of days ago. She had secondary cancer from a skin cancer she had cut out of her back. The time from discovering the secondaries to now was 3 to 4 months.

She was 31 and leaves behind a husband, daughter who is 4 and a baby son. I never really took skin cancer seriously but now I do. :(sad

Gosh, that's awful, HOT. Her poor family. Skin cancer is scary stuff.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Today is a great day. Seriously. GREAT.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I saw Country Strong last night and ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
P.S. Strawder - If I do not see pictures of your trip soon, I will :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1295632112|2828829 said:
I saw Country Strong last night and ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

Without giving anything away (I haven't seen it yet), was it good?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Zoe - It was Soooooooooooooooooooo good yes. I generally am not a huge Gwenyth fan, but she really did quite well. You do need to like Country Music to get many of the references, but omg, so good. I cried and cried. The songs made me cry, the story made me cry. It really gives a look into the lives of music super stars too, their insane schedules, their obligation to shows and fans, their struggle to maintain normal relationships and lives.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh good, DF, I'm glad you liked it. I want to see it. I do like country music, mostly stuff that's not too...twangy, if that makes sense. :bigsmile: I heard that Gwynneth studied Faith Hill (love her!) and modeled a lot of her stage presence/dancing style after her.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1295605594|2828533 said:

Oh, god.

HOT I'm praying for her family.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results