shape
carat
color
clarity

I just need a little dust please

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm glad your dad is doing well after surgery. Wishing him a full recovery!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh! I hope he has a quick recovery so he can go visit and spend time with his mother. Horrible.

My uncle is an avid bicyclist also, and has been hit many times, nearly killed 2 times, the one guy actually got jail time for hitting him because he outright admitted to the cop on the scene that he deliberately hit him--at 45mph!--for being on the road, and that bikers belong on the sidewalk and out of his way. I know around here a lot of people share that sentiment, because of jsut how many of these "accidents" we have. People suck!

I go out of my way to avoid bikers of all kinds. I can't grasp running one down.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Sending tons of healing vibes towards your dad! Sorry this happened!

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
ChloeTheGreat|1320021086|3050662 said:
Thanks for the dust, everyone.

My dad is in surgery now. They will be putting plates in his ankle and hand. Recovery is expected to take about 3 months, in which he won't be able to walk. I think it will be really tough for him to need help. This is really awful timing...just last week we found out his mother has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and at 84 years old, her prognosis is not good. He was planning to be visiting her (traveling from Texas to Illinois) more often over the next several months to see her...his injuries will put a damper in his travel plans.

Keep us in your thoughts.

OMG. How simply awful for your father, your grandmother and your entire family! Many, many prayers and dust to you all.

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
ame|1320066663|3050942 said:
Ugh! I hope he has a quick recovery so he can go visit and spend time with his mother. Horrible.

My uncle is an avid bicyclist also, and has been hit many times, nearly killed 2 times, the one guy actually got jail time for hitting him because he outright admitted to the cop on the scene that he deliberately hit him--at 45mph!--for being on the road, and that bikers belong on the sidewalk and out of his way. I know around here a lot of people share that sentiment, because of jsut how many of these "accidents" we have. People suck!

I go out of my way to avoid bikers of all kinds. I can't grasp running one down.

Seriously? Who does that? What is wrong with people? I'm so glad that SOB ended up in jail! :angryfire:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
A raging JERK. I remember the whole family went to the hearing in court. The judge was pretty blunt in reply. The guy had DUIs galore, among other issues.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Much dust for your family Chloe! xoxoxo

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad to hear that your Dad came out of the surgery ok, Chole! That is great news! Prayers for your grandma too, this will be awfully hard on your Dad. I hope his recovery will be uncomplicated and easy for him. He has a very caring and loving daughter in you.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts everyone!

Update: My Dad will have another surgery on his hand tomorrow. There is concern that he will lose the use of it. We won't know more about it until they get in there and figure it out. They put plates in the badly damaged ankle and I think the knees too. My Stepmother tells us he is managing pain well and staying in good spirits. My sisters and I will all be traveling to see him this weekend. I am so relieved he is doing as well as he is. He's one tough daddy! (...the bicycle, however, did not fare so well :???: )

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear your dad is doing well and is good spirits. I hope everything works out with his hand and he is able to gain full use.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
More dust coming your way. I hope that they can keep his hand functional and that he's able to walk and function normally in the leg/ankles.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Dust for your father.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Update: My two sisters and I were able to travel to see my father this week. He had another surgery on his hand Friday (was supposed to happen Wednesday, but he had a fever so they postponed.) They fused the thumb bone to the rest of the hand. His hand injury is his biggest injury...both of his legs had many complex fractures and were operated on as well. This evening he was moved to the rehabilitation facility. He will be there for about 2 months and then will be able to have home care. He won't be able to put any weight on his legs for 3 months at least. This will be very hard for him as he lives a really active life (hence the bicycling accident.) He is also adjusting to needing help and letting others care for him because he is very strong and independent. He is so brave for being able to get through this. Although he struggles with the pain at times, I think all his years of living a healthful lifestyle will aid in a speedy recovery.
Please continue to pray for him in this difficult time.

Also, the story of the accident for those that are interested: He and his wife were bicycling in the Texas Hill Country in an area where there are open rural roads and sparse residences. He biked up ahead a bit from his wife and a woman turning into her driveway hit him in her SUV with a cattle bar on the front. His left leg has serious injuries from being hit directly with the front of her car and the cattle bar. His hand was so badly damaged from the brakes on his bike. The bike is completely broken in half. Thank god he was wearing his helmet, as always, because he didn't have any head injuries other than some bruises on his face. I think they are unsure as to whether the driver was negligent, distracted, or really just didn't see him.

We are so blessed that he is alive and will recover.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update, and I continue to wish your father all the best while he recovers.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Just saw this...glad to hear surgery went well...continued dust coming your way!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best wishes for your dad!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending more dust to your dad. Good thing he was wearing a helmut.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of healing dust for your Dad! I'm so sorry. My DH cycles too and I worry about this all the time. I cant even get him
to wear a helmet! Keep us posted on how he is doing.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Sending dust your way Chloe.

I'm sorry about your Dad's accident. My mum used to cycle but the last accident (she had a few) was too much for her and she is too afraid of something else happening to get back on a bike now.

Thank god for helmets! It makes me feel sick when I see people cycling without them.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
More healing dust to your dad, Chloe. I'm so sorry this happened to your family.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chloe, much prayer for your dad. Thanks for the update. It will be a hard recovery but thankfully, he is alive and will survive.

That accident just sounds awful. My DH bikes and I am always worried about him. I am not sure the bike is better than the motorcycle he used to ride. We had a rider killed just last year where we live. I am so glad that your dad will recover. Prayers and hugs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results