shape
carat
color
clarity

I just need a little dust please

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
My Stepmother called this afternoon to tell me my father was hit by a car while on his bike ride today. He was airlifted to the hospital. They are preparing him for a 5-9 hour surgery to repair both knees, an ankle, and a hand. (I still know very little detail at this point.) He had a bit of injury to his head but he has been conscious and talking and they performed tests to make sure there was no damage. I have been told none of his injuries are life threatening, but with damage to both legs...we will have to wait and see how his mobility is affected. Please send some dust our way that the surgery goes well and he recovers strong.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! What a relief that your dad doesn't have life threatening injuries. Sending lots of dust to your dad, you and your family for strength and healing. I hope the surgery is successful and your dad has a quick and complete recovery.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
DUST to your dad!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear this! How awful!!! My friends dad was in a cycling accident about 15 years ago and badly broke his hip. He had a long recovery, but he hikes and skis now and it just about good as new. DUST for a complete recovery!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chloe - I do hope what you heard is the worst of it! Does your father have a fighting spirit? That can be as important as anything in determining how he comes through this.

Dust for your father, his medical team, and your family!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very scary! Lots of dust to you and your dad. Keep us updated.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this. I hope your dad has a speedy recover.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about your dad. Praying that he has a good recovery.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How awful! Dust to your Dad for a quick and easy recovery!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ChloeTheGreat|1320014200|3050602 said:
My Stepmother called this afternoon to tell me my father was hit by a car while on his bike ride today. He was airlifted to the hospital. They are preparing him for a 5-9 hour surgery to repair both knees, an ankle, and a hand. (I still know very little detail at this point.) He had a bit of injury to his head but he has been conscious and talking and they performed tests to make sure there was no damage. I have been told none of his injuries are life threatening, but with damage to both legs...we will have to wait and see how his mobility is affected. Please send some dust our way that the surgery goes well and he recovers strong.
OMG. Vibes and dust galore.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chole...I am saying a prayer for your father's surgery and recovery. As a fellow cyclist... my heart breaks for him.... doing what we love has become so very dangerous.... I know... I've seen the sad results... :cry:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry - good wishes, lots of dust and prayers. It seems like we should be doing more for you. :cry:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Hoping your father makes a full and speedy recovery!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DUST and more DUST blown your dad's way. I wish him well!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
dust and prayers for your dad, hugs

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
dust and prayers sent your way!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Lots of healing dust! My dad was in a bike accident a few years ago too. He swerved to avoid being hit by a car, lost control of the bike and it fell over, and he ended up with a brain bleed (and yes, he was wearing a helmet!). Because he was able to avoid the car, he didn't suffer any additional injuries, but he needed surgery to evacuate the blood. Biking can be a lot more dangerous than we like to think. But he's back on the bike now and has had no serious long-term effects.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Chole, I am so sorry. My hubby is a cyclist too. I will be praying for your dad and your family. I hope your Dad has a complete recovery. Please keep us updated on his progress!

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Oh goodness, Chloe. Lots of dust for your dad, for you, and for the rest of your family. Here's hoping the surgery goes well and he's back on his bike in no time.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the dust, everyone.

My dad is in surgery now. They will be putting plates in his ankle and hand. Recovery is expected to take about 3 months, in which he won't be able to walk. I think it will be really tough for him to need help. This is really awful timing...just last week we found out his mother has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and at 84 years old, her prognosis is not good. He was planning to be visiting her (traveling from Texas to Illinois) more often over the next several months to see her...his injuries will put a damper in his travel plans.

Keep us in your thoughts.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Oh, no how terrible. Sending dust for your dad!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Chloe, I am so sorry to hear about your dad's accident but relieved to hear he will ultimately be OK. Sending tons of dust for a speedy and complete recovery!
So sorry about your grandmother's diagnosis. Sending her tons and tons of dust as well.
You and your family are in my thoughts. Big hugs.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
how scary.. I so hope he is fine and in good recovery, tons of dusts coming your way!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, how scary.

Prayers and dust and good vibes and hugs and everything good for a speedy and easy recovery for your father.
Dust for your grandmother, too.

You are all in my thoughts.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lots of healing dust and good thoughts on their way!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg--- DUST to you and your family!!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super-healing and quick recovery dust to your Dad!! I do hope he is able to make it to visit his Mom, even if it is not as often as originally planned! Pancreatic cancer is a tough diagnosis at any age. I wish your family well.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry! Lots of dust. Wishing speedy recovery.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
He came out of surgery late last night and is doing well considering.
I knew PS dust would help him!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ChloeTheGreat|1320057690|3050886 said:
He came out of surgery late last night and is doing well considering.
I knew PS dust would help him!

Great news Chloe!! Sending lots more ****dust**** for an easy and complete recovery!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results