shape
carat
color
clarity

I just lucked out!!!

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would like to share with you my piece of luck. Quite by chance, I found and was able to buy a sibling of a diamond in my dearly loved maternity ring.

I actually never made a thread for my ring that I bought to commemorate a birth of my dear daughter. It is a 1.48ct K-SI2 antique cushion. I fell in love with this stone at a first sight.

When we got engaged, my now husband proposed with a thin gold band with the tiny diamonds and we used to joke that later he would buy me a solitaire. In the church we exchanged simple plain wedding bands.

So when my daughter was born, I started looking around. I realized my love for old cuts and started deliberately looking for one. After looking at several dozens of stones, I lucked out. When I found my cushion, I was mesmerized by chunky facets and high crown coupled with the pillowy outline. While for sure, old cuts never have a white light reflection of modern cut stones, I love all the colourful flashes I see from it.

So, fast forward several years, a nearly impossible thing happened. I encounted a stone, practically identical to my maternity cushion. It has the same pillowy shape and dimensions, closely matching my own stone. While it is a couple of points lighter, I can hardly see any difference. I was lucky to buy it. When, I received it, I was totally blastered by the performance of this stone.

At 2.9ctw this gorgeous pair will one day make my holy grail earrings. For the time being, I set the new stone into a pendant until I figure out how I want the earrings to be set.

_34645.jpg

_34646.jpg

_34640.jpg

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And now the two stones together and the neck view. Boy, I am happy!

Hmmm, do not know how to turn the last photo, so that it would not show sideways.

_34644.jpg

_34647.jpg

_34648.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATS!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I am a cushion lover and really enjoyed your photos. Your two stones really are a nicely matched pair. :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! They do look like twins!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very lovely and how wonderful you have two for future options!!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I am always so happy when I read stories of a diamond finding it's perfect owner, but --WOW-- two similar and spectacular diamonds have decided that you are the perfect owner.

They are gorgeous! :love: Enjoy!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Both stones are beautiful and matching. So if you use them for earrings then will you buy another stone for your ER?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
both are gorgeous! I love cushions! especially the old cuts.. :love:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was fate for sure. A gorgeous pairing! Antique cushions are my kryponite! I love mine more than is probably healthy, haha!
Enjoy.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it these will make great earrings

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! You are very lucky because those two gorgeous stones were meant to be. Those are the kind of cushions that make me go :love: . Congrats!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love old cuts too and yours will make spectacular earrings!

Californiadreaming

Rough_Rock
Wow! I can't wait till you have them made into earrings :lickout: They are gorgeous as they are set now though too.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A match made in heaven - that was a great stroke of luck! They will make gorgeous earrings! Once done, you'll have lots of fun replacing an ering and a pendant - lol!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one of those things that you couldn't find two at the same time if you tried. They look fabulous together and will make gorgeous earrings some day. Right now you have a beautiful ring and pendant. Enjoy!

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stonehunter, tyty333, JDDN, crystal24, Tekate, Bonfire, Niel, lovesvintage, Californiadreaming. - thank you so much, i am really happy that I can share with you. Only PS crowd can understand the joy of doing the impossible - finding a matching antique cushion :clap: :D

Ariel144 - this is actually the reason why I decided to set the second stone into the pendant. I did not plan to upgrade my cusion yet :cheeky: but indeed I get ideas. It is scary how addictive diamonds are :devil:

MissGotRocks, marcy - you are so right, this sounds like the beginning of a great adventure. I love wearing the stones for now as they are, but I am already starting to think how to set them. As I already have my 1.1 ctw studs, I am thinking about putting them into some kind of vintage looking drop earrings. i have tiny earlaps and would look like Puff Daddy with those huge stone on the ear. :bigsmile:
So my answer is that I need something classical and reduced just below my earlap.
I am still undecided on the settings though.

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The sun came out tday, so I was able to make a couple of family photos :) unfortunately I cannot make such glamour photos, as you ladies do, but I gave my best

_34695.jpg

_34696.jpg

_34697.jpg

_34698.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I can't believe how well matched these are! :love: Definitely meant to be! Love all the photos!!! :appl:

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Wow lucky you will make fabulous earrings :love:

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby, Sphene - thank you very much!

Now that I had a chance to live with the stones a couple of days, I feel even happier. The new stone turned out to be of exactly the same nature as the old one. I love the pillowy outline (which indeed I knew also before), but the stone has proved to be a top performer in most lightnings. I love the bold rainbow-like flashes of light it throws.

In real live, I observe a beautiful facet pattern, however I struggle to show that in my photos. Unfortunately when I photograph it nicely and closely, my camera reflects too much in the stone and, being a good performer, a variety of facets go black. The good news are that the stone has hardly any obstruction at an arm length, resulting in the fact, that I see only a bringht lively stone.

It has a totally different flavour that my modern cut diamonds. While I absolutely see why many love a perfected white light performance of an ideal cut round, my heart sing when I have a chunky old cushion :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! This was meant to be. You have a stunning set.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool, old cushions are wonderful stones!!!!

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Acinom, it is a pleasure to hear that from a person with the collection as royal as your own

Arkieb - thank you. My stone is a baby sister of your cushion and wants to be like Lola when she grows up :) actually she came out of the pin as well, just like Lola ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results