shape
carat
color
clarity

I just got engaged - here''s Big Bertha!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kslim

Rough_Rock
di this starta new thread?

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Yes ma''am it sure did...
36.gif
36.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Any details or more pics of the ring you could provide?

I''m especially interested b/c I think this is the ring I want!
30.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Big Bertha.....ROTF!!!!!

kslim

Rough_Rock
Ughghgh. I just spent forever typing a whole lot of details and the post got corrupted somehow. Ok. SO here goes...again.

The details are just what my fiance has relayed to me because I haven''t gone through the papers yet and I don''t have them with me right now. Center is RB 2.1 H, SI1, superideal hearts and arrows, rating of 1 - does that mean anything to anybody- the 1 part? the side stones are each 0.33 H VS1 pears. The center stone is from Michael C. Fina (purchase on the 25% off import day), the setting was designed by Blauweitz and Berkowitz in the diamond district and everything was put together by Bailey Banks and Biddle.

I have tried to attach two additional pictures.

The proposal was fantastic. My finace is english and was the best man at a wedding in London. He left New York just as I was cramming and about to take the New York Bar Exam (ugggghghghg. did terribly, didn''t study enough). The day after the exam I went over to meet upwith him in London. I was NOT excited about going because I did not know anyone, I was dog tired from the exam and his ex-girlfirend of six years whom he had previously lived with was going to be there. Furthermore, I didn''t get to sit with him because he was at the head table so I figured I''d be surrounded by people I didn''t know and probably couldn''t understand. Anyway, the wedding was fine but I did get drunk and started crying about not being engaged yet. so embarrassing little did I know.

The day after the wedding I was hung over as a dog. He told me to get up and get dressed and look nice because we had to go to a picnic in the country and had to take the tube and a train to get there. I was really really grouchy because I just wanted to sleep and feel sorry for myself - but I went along because he rarely gets to see his friends in England. So we took the tube to Waterloo (wasn''t excited about taking the tube two weeks after the multiple terrorist attacks - but it was relatively uneventful). Once in Waterloo he completely surprised me when he came out with a pair of first class tickets to Paris. I was shocked and thought he was crazy because we only had four days in england and two of them were already gone. (We had to get back to the states to go to my brothers wedding in Richmond).

Anyway, we boarded the Eurostar and had first class food and champagne the whole way. Once, in Paris he brought to an amazing hotel where he had reserved a penthouse suite that had views of the whole of Paris'' skyline and the eiffel tower. He led to the veranda and said that two years ago when we came to Paris as part of my study abroad program I made him kiss me at the top of the eiffel tower while a German tourist snapped our picture and I told him he had to do it because when would we ever get the chance again. (it''s true- the picture is super cheesy and I framed it). He then said that when the two of us put our minds together anything is possible and that''s why he wanted to come back here and that''s why he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him and placed this enormous ring on my finger (definitely larger than what we had discussed - good thing he had just got a promotion). I still can''t stop staring at it. I think I said yes but it was all a blur.

He then took me to a lovely secluded restaurant in the Latin Quarter and then to a bar/cafe in this little outdoor square that we used to love two years prior. It just perfect and wonderful and nostalgic and amazing. We then drank champagne until 5am and walked to the hotel along the river Seinne. The next day we traveled back to London where he had arranged for an impromptu engagement party with some of our London friends. It was fantastic. The next day on the way back to New York he even managed to talk them into bumping us up to first class. That has never happened to me before. Definitely a skill I admire in a man... ;-)

Anyway, it was a whirlwind trip that made memories I will cherish forever. Of course, now we are so broke from our European excursion that it is no more champagne, just day old bread and soup until this ring gets paid off and I start work - but we both agree it was sooo worth it!!! Well that''s my story.

I am trying to get some better pictures of the ring but I cannot get the digital camera to focus. Any suggestions?

close up ring picture kslim.jpg

kslim

Rough_Rock
Another picture. Trying to get more.

50 percent kslim ring picture.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love it and wish you could take pics of mine!!!! It''s just gorgeous and I loved reading your proposal story!!!!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
How fantastic!!!
36.gif

The ring is gorgeous and the story is something out of movie!

Congratulations!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Another incredibly gorgeous Kaleigh style ring. Congratulations on your engagement and your beautiful new ring!!! What a special and romantic proposal.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a beauty!
3.gif

and a romantic and surprising proposal as well. congratulations!
36.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations beautiful diamond engagement ring.

I have a question, is the 25% off import day a British thing, I am in the UK and did not know about this?

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty. The pears look awesome with the RB. Congrats!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
how wonderful! i am all teary-eyed over here!!! yeh- that''s my DREAM proposal! the ring is gorgeous as well!! congrats!!

do u have an idea of what wedding band you would pair with your engagement ring?

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Soooo bigg.... and so yummy!
18.gif
Congratulations!

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Big, Beautiful -- just lovely. Great story..

Congratulations on your engagement!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
What a great story!!! Your ring is just stunning, and I hope your FH is always so romantic and thoughtful. Congrats.

Shay

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOWWW - That is GORGEOUS.. AND HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
The ring is incredible and the story is breath-taking.....What a wonderful FI you have!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
:) And I just read the story.. I always look at the pics first and then read the story! LOL.. ITS SOOOOOOOOOOO ROMANTIC! PARIS! THE EIFFEL TOWER! NO WAY!!! I would have DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIED!

kslim

Rough_Rock
Pyramid, sorry no - my fiance immigrated to New York a year and a half ago. The 25% was for certain employees of NYC banking firms (kind of a friends and family thing). Michael C. Fina was importing stones from various parts of the world and offered loose stones to selected clients at 25% retail price (so they were basically asking the same price as any other wholesaler). There is no way I would have ever suggested he go to Michael C. Fina for a stone. They are usually much too expensive but he got a great deal on this one day sale with them. I was really surprised when he told me that is where he purchased the center stone.

kslim

Rough_Rock
jcrow - the band is going to be a challenge. I am not sure what I will like. I don''t want it to over shadow the ring but I don''t want it to be plain either. I was thinking an art deco style of maybe even a delicate tacori band. Whatever it is I definitely want it to be an infiniti band. I have also loved that look. I think it will be more days spent in the diamond district trying on oodles of ring styles but not buying anything. Think I''ll probably decide exactly what I want that way and then go to an on-line wholesaler with guarantees.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh i see, and i can''t wait to see what u pick!! i love that ring, and my BF and I are thinking the same thing- what band does it go with??? so, we keep going back to a plain solitaire...keep us posted on what u decide.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for that information. Glad he got to use that 25% off import duty for your ring though.
35.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Congratulations ! how pretty engagement ring
36.gif

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! What a great proposal story and huge, icy ring!

kslim

Rough_Rock
spec update- just called the fiance at work to ask about the cut grading of 1 and he informed me that it was 0-10 with 0 being the best and mine was a zero not a 1. what does this mean. I really don''t know what he''s talking about (he doesn''t know anymore than that it''s a zero either - doesn''t know what it means).. and I thought I was the expert between the two of us. He really pulled out all the stops on this one.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is lovely and looks right at home on your hand! Congrats!!!
36.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Such an amazing story...good for you...and the ring of a lifetime.
30.gif
Gorgeous.
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! If you go to the Diamond District for a band, be sure and stop by Signed Pieces to look at their eternity rings. They are so beautiful with bling - but not overdone! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results