shape
carat
color
clarity

I just don''t feel well anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Gemgirl~Thank you for your compliments on my wedding set
2.gif
I remember your blingtastic five stone band from WF
30.gif

I have been dealing with health issues most of my life. My migraines started at ~age 5. I've always had bad bouts with URI and severe episodes of coughing. I was the kid who was absent from class fairly often. I had mono and hepatitis during college and had my gall bladder removed at age 22. My stomach spasms, which feel like gall bladder attacks, continued post surgery and persist to the present. Gradually, additional health problems began to appear. It has been a long process, which led to this point. When I returned to graduate school and then to my profession, it was a challenge to keep going. I did it, but paid a price. I noticed that after exertion, I would be exhausted for extended periods of time. I used to run agility with my dog. I would be panting worse than he did after a session. We wanted to compete in trials, but I couldn't do it. The more I did during the week, the more likely I would be spending the weekend resting or, sometimes, in bed. More health problems continued to arise. I reduced my work week to three days per week and that helped for several years. I was still out sick far too often. Then I went down to twice a week and within four months after that, I was on medical leave.

My doctor is also very concerned about my osteoporsis, as I've said before. Like you, I can't tolerate the meds. I have been checked for a Vit D deficiency, but my levels are fine. I do need some gentle exercise. I stopped when I had some really bad pain [resulting in an MRI] and didn't resume it. I have exertional dyspnea, which is also a problem. I have been taking Vit E for many years. Otherwise, just a multivit. Thank you for sharing your own health concerns and suggestions with me. You have been very helpful. I will look into the suggestions that you made. You will remain in my thoughts and prayers, as well.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 4:44:14 PM
Author: whitby_2773
marian and gemgirl -

prayers for both of you today.

xo
Thanks, whitby!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 3:51:36 PM
Author: somethingshiny
For any of you who are trying to manage pain or other sx with exercise, please join us on the Healthy Lifestyle Forum. There are many levels and activities discussed and it''s VERY supportive!!
Thank you for the suggestion
1.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2010 8:45:08 PM
Author: risingsun

Date: 2/10/2010 4:44:14 PM
marian and gemgirl -

prayers for both of you today.

xo
Thanks, whitby!
Thank you whitby!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marian and GemGirl, I am thinking of you both....
emrose.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2010 12:38:41 AM
Author: fsu1227
This breaks my heart. I think your post was so very brave. I will pray that you find some relief.
+1

Sending BIG ((((((HUGS))))) your way

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to check in with you ladies today to see how you are, I hadn''t seen any updates. I hope all is well with you both :)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I went to see my surgical dermatologist for a follow up visit today. He took five skin biopsies. This has happened before and everything turned out all right. I hope that this lot does the same. I''m at the CA center for tests on Friday, but won''t know anything until the following week. A brief "dusting" would be appreciated
32.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
risingsun - sending dust your way!!! I hope it all turns out

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots and lots of positive dust your way!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the dust, MGR and dragonfly.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 3:52:47 PM
I went to see my surgical dermatologist for a follow up visit today. He took five skin biopsies. This has happened before and everything turned out all right. I hope that this lot does the same. I''m at the CA center for tests on Friday, but won''t know anything until the following week. A brief ''dusting'' would be appreciated
32.gif

marian -

i''ll be praying for you on friday - sending the ''top shelf dust''. :) i''m hoping the biopsies are clear, too. i can only imagine the stress from this....

holding your hand across cyberspace...

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 8:16:31 PM

I went to see my surgical dermatologist for a follow up visit today. He took five skin biopsies. This has happened before and everything turned out all right. I hope that this lot does the same. I''m at the CA center for tests on Friday, but won''t know anything until the following week. A brief ''dusting'' would be appreciated
32.gif

marian -

i''ll be praying for you on friday - sending the ''top shelf dust''. :) i''m hoping the biopsies are clear, too. i can only imagine the stress from this....

Yeah, my dust is out of the top drawer and not the sock drawer as well Marian.

Good luck Honey, we''re all right there with you in spirit.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

I went to see my surgical dermatologist for a follow up visit today. He took five skin biopsies. This has happened before and everything turned out all right. I hope that this lot does the same. I'm at the CA center for tests on Friday, but won't know anything until the following week. A brief 'dusting' would be appreciated
32.gif

marian -

i'll be praying for you on friday - sending the 'top shelf dust'. :) i'm hoping the biopsies are clear, too. i can only imagine the stress from this....

Thanks for the "top shelf dust" and your support, whitby. I'm also in the middle of a migraine and stomach spasm cycle. It's all very discouraging, but I always come out of these cycles, so I need to trust in that.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 11:21:02 PM
Author: Gailey

I went to see my surgical dermatologist for a follow up visit today. He took five skin biopsies. This has happened before and everything turned out all right. I hope that this lot does the same. I'm at the CA center for tests on Friday, but won't know anything until the following week. A brief 'dusting' would be appreciated
32.gif

marian -

i'll be praying for you on friday - sending the 'top shelf dust'. :) i'm hoping the biopsies are clear, too. i can only imagine the stress from this....

Yeah, my dust is out of the top drawer and not the sock drawer as well Marian.

Good luck Honey, we're all right there with you in spirit.
Thanks, Gailey. You made me laugh. "It's not out of the sock drawer!! Thanks for your good wishes.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marian, I haven''t read the whole thread but I wanted to let you know I have been thinking of you. Whenever I wear my Pandora bracelet (which is almost daily) I think about yours, and since the commencement of this thread I think about your situation. You''re a very inspiring person and I''m happy to have gotten to know you here. I wish you good health and send positive thoughts your way.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2010 12:16:25 AM
Author: monarch64
Marian, I haven''t read the whole thread but I wanted to let you know I have been thinking of you. Whenever I wear my Pandora bracelet (which is almost daily) I think about yours, and since the commencement of this thread I think about your situation. You''re a very inspiring person and I''m happy to have gotten to know you here. I wish you good health and send positive thoughts your way.
Thanks so much, Monnie. I enjoyed our Pandora thread. I''m happy we have gotten to know each other, too. The support I''ve received on this thread has been so helpful. I appreciate your good wishes and positive thoughts.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear Marian,
I am sending all the dust I can for a clear biopsy. I hope it comes back just fine , so YOU can have some relief of all the worry. We will be waiting with you. You will never be alone. PS is great that way. No matter what, you'll have someone to talk to ....

I am so sorry for all that you have been through lady. I must say, you do so with such grace and courage. YOU inspire us all to be better in all that we do.
2.gif

HUGS and Love...

Lisa
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marian
35.gif

hang in there,good news will come.
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2010 12:43:15 AM
Date: 2/18/2010 12:16:25 AM

Author: monarch64

Thanks so much, Monnie. I enjoyed our Pandora thread. I''m happy we have gotten to know each other, too. The support I''ve received on this thread has been so helpful. I appreciate your good wishes and positive thoughts.

Quite welcome. *Curtsy* You''re a fun lady, entertaining, and you need to stick around to entertain us mortals. LOL.
2.gif
Much love, and hugs.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
32.gif
Loads of dust will be blowing in the wind your way for the next week Marian. You will be in my daily prayers. Try to stay positive. If you have some apprehension and frightened thoughts, just imagine yourself kicking those thoughts out of you mind with a big boot
2.gif
, and try to do something that''s just for you everyday. I know the tension of waiting is hard but you''ll have all of us to keep you company while you wait. Positive thoughts and truckloads of dust.....

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2010 5:01:52 PM
Author: dragonfly411
I just wanted to check in with you ladies today to see how you are, I hadn''t seen any updates. I hope all is well with you both :)
Thank you for asking dragonfly. I''m recovering from my latest illness and I''m doing a little better.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
gemgirl -

i know this is marian''s thread, but i''m sure she won''t mind if i say i''ve been thinking about you a lot lately, too. thank you for the lovely thread you started for me - i was very touched.

i started a list a year ago of people on PS i pray for. i have a standard list, plus some people who come and go. my standard list is marian, catmom, lostsapphire, loriken, stepcut, pinktower, maisie and now you. i pray for each of you most days and send you all the positive thoughts i can across the miles. i never get tired of hearing about how you each are, and ask that you''d keep us all up to date regularly.

take care, ladies,

your friend,

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
gemgirl~please know that I don't consider your posts on this thread to be "threadjacking." We need each other! Thank you, whitby, for putting us on your prayer list. I know that you are trying to care of us. It means so much. I've never been so open about my feelings before, except with my DH. It's difficult, sometimes, to tell him how I feel everyday, even when he asks...and he asks daily. I want to tell him I'm better. Some days I am. Some days the bottom falls out.

ETA: Whitby~I will try to keep you updated. If you are concerned, bump the thread and I will respond.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2010 12:56:01 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Dear Marian,
I am sending all the dust I can for a clear biopsy. I hope it comes back just fine , so YOU can have some relief of all the worry. We will be waiting with you. You will never be alone. PS is great that way. No matter what, you''ll have someone to talk to ....

I am so sorry for all that you have been through lady. I must say, you do so with such grace and courage. YOU inspire us all to be better in all that we do.
2.gif

HUGS and Love...

Lisa
1.gif
Thank you Lisa. The worry and stress certainly don''t help. I value your support, always
1.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2010 2:34:22 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
Marian
35.gif

hang in there,good news will come.
36.gif
Thanks, DF. I''m sure that you are right!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Many thanks to Lorelei and Bia
1.gif
If I have forgotten anyone, my apologies. Between the meds and fibro fog, my memory is not the greatest
14.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2010 1:15:50 PM
gemgirl~please know that I don''t consider your posts on this thread to be ''threadjacking.'' We need each other! Thank you, whitby, for putting us on your prayer list. I know that you are trying to care of us. It means so much. I''ve never been so open about my feelings before, except with my DH. It''s difficult, sometimes, to tell him how I feel everyday, even when he asks...and he asks daily. I want to tell him I''m better. Some days I am. Some days the bottom falls out.

ETA: Whitby~I will try to keep you updated. If you are concerned, bump the thread and I will respond.
You really are such a sweetheart. I didn''t want to be disrespectful to your thread or to what you''re going through by talking about myself. It''s just that we have so many different things in common, it was hard to not say "we''re in the same boat with a hole in it!" I truly hope that all of your tests come back OK and I''ll be waiting to hear the news of your results. You are a very sweet woman and you deserve a break and some peace of mind.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2010 9:28:33 AM
gemgirl -

i know this is marian''s thread, but i''m sure she won''t mind if i say i''ve been thinking about you a lot lately, too. thank you for the lovely thread you started for me - i was very touched.

i started a list a year ago of people on PS i pray for. i have a standard list, plus some people who come and go. my standard list is marian, catmom, lostsapphire, loriken, stepcut, pinktower, maisie and now you. i pray for each of you most days and send you all the positive thoughts i can across the miles. i never get tired of hearing about how you each are, and ask that you''d keep us all up to date regularly.

take care, ladies,

your friend,
Thank you whitby for being so kind and adding me to your prayer list. I can''t tell you how much I appreciate that.

You''re very welcome for the thread I started about your accomplishment. After I got through the first seventy five pages, I was almost driven to write something about it because I was so pleasantly surprised by the fullness, depth and complexity of what I was reading. It''s not often that I read something that totally removes me from my here and now, and transports me to another place and time, and I definitely felt that when reading your words. You are so fortunate to have the gift that you have. People often talk about how they will be remembered and "if" they will be remembered. You''ve shared a part of yourself in those pages, you''ve shared the gift of your words and now it''s "out there" and will be for all time. I think that''s beyond fantastic, and I just had to say something
2.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 11:10:31 AM
Author: gemgirl

Date: 2/18/2010 1:15:50 PM
gemgirl~please know that I don''t consider your posts on this thread to be ''threadjacking.'' We need each other! Thank you, whitby, for putting us on your prayer list. I know that you are trying to care of us. It means so much. I''ve never been so open about my feelings before, except with my DH. It''s difficult, sometimes, to tell him how I feel everyday, even when he asks...and he asks daily. I want to tell him I''m better. Some days I am. Some days the bottom falls out.

You really are such a sweetheart. I didn''t want to be disrespectful to your thread or to what you''re going through by talking about myself. It''s just that we have so many different things in common, it was hard to not say ''we''re in the same boat with a hole in it!'' I truly hope that all of your tests come back OK and I''ll be waiting to hear the news of your results. You are a very sweet woman and you deserve a break and some peace of mind.
Truer words....I will keep you updated. Please do the same
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results