shape
carat
color
clarity

I Joined the "J" Club!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stellablue687

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I am a long time lurker here - I love this place! I thought it was about time that I posted myself.

I''ve joined the ''J'' bandwagon! I recently got this stone and ring from WF. Bob was wonderful to work with and their customer service is exceptional. I have plans to keep on trading up, so they willl be hearing from me again (and again, and again...). The stone is totally eye clean - in fact I can''t see ANY thing face down even with the loop; from the side I think I saw a teeny inclusion, but it could have been dust because I can''t find it again!

Just a note about J color for those that may be looking for information. I am pretty color senesitive in that I can detect color, but I have come to realize it is not that bothersome to me up to this point (J). I was very nervous to get a J stone, despite everything I had read here. But I decided to take to plunge knowing that WF has a great return/trade up policy. Face down, I notice virtually no color when the diamond is on its own. Next to my anniversary band of G-H stones (2 rows of .10 pointers) I can detect a "warmth" at certain angles. But this is probably something that no one else would notice. From the side, again in certain angles, I can see the body color of the stone. But again, it is only from certain angles in certain lighting. Like others have said, the color is not ''yellow'' but more of a warmth. All told, I would get a J stone again. Although I am not sure how large I would go with this color, as I wonder if it becomes more noticable from the side in larger (2+ c) sizes - I have no doubt that face down the stone would be fine, just from the side in a larger stone I wonder if it would be more apparent because of the size. I know that some (Mara, Lynn) have larger J stones and love them - so I might give it a try. It is by far the best value for the money if you''re looking for size over other things (except cut!!). IMHO it is not a color of stone that is appropriate for those who are looking for that icy white color. But again, its all relative - I can''t tell a difference face down at all regarding the color unless the stone is next to a higher (lower?) color (D-G). I hope this info helps for anyone that is considering a J.

I''m sorry, but my digital camera broke so I don''t have any ''real life'' shots yet. I should be getting a new camera for xmas - so I will update this then.

Thanks for looking!
26.gif

The stone:

Report: GIA
. Shape: Round Ideal Cut
. Carat: 1.09
. Depth %: 61.4
. Table %: 56
. Crown Angle: 35
. Crown %: 15.5
. Star : 55
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43
. Lower Girdle %: 75
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 6.62-6.64X4.07
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

Chelsea_1211.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to Pricescope
35.gif

Beautiful ring and I am so glad another happy J owner has climbed aboard - congrats on your lovely ring!!
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is so beautiful!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS and to the "J" club! We are always happy to see new members.
9.gif
Your ring looks gorgeous and I can''t wait to see hand shots. Hope you get that camera for Christmas!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is just beautiful and the diamond looks like a real winner!!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
wow it looks great! Can''t wait to see some more pics after the holiday.

From one J wearer to another, enjoy!

YOurs looks totally white white in the WF pics!!
36.gif
36.gif

(oh, and it is way more fun to post than to lurk, so stick around
2.gif
)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Your ring is beautiful! (I''m a satisfied J wearer as well!)
36.gif
35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Your ring looks great! I''ve got a K and I don''t think I''d ever go above a J. I really like the warmth (which I also generally only notice from the side view)

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Gorgeous!!!!

rockbie

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. congrat!!! I would have to try J next time
37.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats, it''s beautiful..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats on such a lovely ring!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock

It''s gorgeous!!! Congrats!

And welcome!

35.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
deadhead by any chance?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. I can''t wait for hand pics.

shay

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just lovely, congrats!!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your J. It''s a beautiful stone and ring! Bob is a really nice to work with. What more can you ask for, gorgeous ring and good experience getting it.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! Can''t wait for hand shots.

susi

Shiny_Rock
Great choice....it''s just beautiful!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely and classic! Congrats!

I own 3 J stones now, and in the midst of acquiring a fourth. I think they offer a great value.

Stellablue687

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone! I can''t wait to get some hand pics for you all!

I''m surprised at how big it looks on my hand - but I''m sure DSS will set in though (hopefully not too soon though)! But it is definately a step up from my original 1/2 c.

I have a question about the prongs - my orginial e-ring is semi-bezel so I haven''t had this problem - they keep catching on stuff. Is this normal?

Thanks!

BTW - yes, huge Dead fan....hence the username
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, stellalue; wear it in good health and happiness!!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2006 8:51:44 PM
Author: Stellablue687
Thanks so much everyone! I can''t wait to get some hand pics for you all!

I''m surprised at how big it looks on my hand - but I''m sure DSS will set in though (hopefully not too soon though)! But it is definately a step up from my original 1/2 c.

I have a question about the prongs - my orginial e-ring is semi-bezel so I haven''t had this problem - they keep catching on stuff. Is this normal?

Thanks!

BTW - yes, huge Dead fan....hence the username
1.gif
what are the prongs catching on? hair, clothes, fibers? no, it is not normal.

brokedown palace and stella blue are my fav dead songs.

Stellablue687

Rough_Rock
Ladykemma - its catching on fibers like towel threads when I''m drying my hands, my scarf, sweater, etc. I think I''m going to go to a local mom & pop store that is very reputable and have them check it out.

Stellablue has always been one of my favs - I''m a fan of the Help-Slip-Frank sequence, scarlet begonias, and JGBs they love each other and russian lullaby. Actually,there''s just so many....even now after not having seen a show in many many years I still love the music.....although you wouldn''t know to look at me anymore. I''m more diamonds than tie-dyes now!
1.gif

Thanks for your help!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a gorgeous ring! More pictures soon please!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
welcome to the club
36.gif

it''s beautiful!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
love it!!!! from one j owner to another, congrats!

be sure to add it to the ''j stones in platinum'' thread!!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Love your ring, love your J diamond. Classy and sparkly! WhiteFlash does it again.

I swear, these J''s have changed my way of thinking altogether. Gotta love that Mara and all her trends.....J''s, B-bags, AE jeans....LOL.

Jeannine

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, baby, welcome to the Club!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Fabulous diamond, beautiful ring
30.gif
... what more could a girl want?!! Congrats, I LOVE it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results