shape
carat
color
clarity

I heart NY necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
About half a year ago, I saw a pic of a celebrity wearing an I
emlove.gif
NY necklace. I thought it was the cutest thing and I can't get it out of my head.

I decided to finally get one but can't find them anywhere. I'd like for it be small, with an open heart done in tiny diamond melee, stationary, and for it to be white gold but without nickel and that's where I've run into a problem. Whenever I've mentioned it to a jeweler, the response I always receive was they couldn't do it any other way. Anyone have any ideas of where I can get one? I'd rather not go custom but if I have to, I will.

Does it sound cheesy? Someone from NY wearing an I
emlove.gif
NY pendant? I guess it does but it's so damn cute I'm dying to have it.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t sound cheesy at all - the item at the top of my Xmas list is a silver pendant of my state with a tiny heart placed on the city where I live. Awhile back, someone posted a similar necklace she''d bought as a gift for her daughter, and I contacted the artist, but she couldn''t reproduce the design in the itty bitty size I wanted.

Anyway - I found mine on Etsy. I just did a search and didn''t find anything like what you''re describing, but you might describe a project there and see if you can get bids for it.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hee, okay, that sounds SO CUTE - after spending three long years away from the city and finally being back, *I* want one, too! I don''t think it''s cheesy by any standard except NY standards, if that makes sense: NY tends to cultivate a "too cool for enthusiasm" perspective, but for something like this, I vote for an exception. Also, ironic decoration is in! Go with it.

Here''s a few from a cursory search:

http://www.maxandchloe.com/fulldetails/2161/-1/53

http://www.maxandchloe.com/fulldetails/2163/-1/53

Neither has the open heart, alas, but they''re a start ....

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions.

Elmorton- I thought of etsy too but I don''t think anyone there will do white gold with the nickel. But, I''m going to try anyway.

Circe- those are adorable. Yes, something along those lines but even smaller, and have everything on one line (not two rows with NY between under the I and heart). If etsy doesn''t work out, I''m thinking of biting the bullet and going custom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results